Twitter: Dak talking about the impact of him not having any rushing attempts against the Colts

Philmonroe

Reaction score
We can agree on that without spewing unwarranted vitriol. Dak impresses me one moment, then pisses me off the next. I'm close to done with him.
The problem with this "unwarranted vitriol" is that's your interpretation on it. Neither if us have the final say on what is or isn't warranted except in our own heads. I think folks defending Dak like he their child because he is a "nice guy" is unwarranted but that's to me. Everybody is going to have their say good or bad at this point just have to let it go because we all are going to say what we feel on this matter and aren't changing our stnsces most likely.

NotForLong

Reaction score
DCs have said that the biggest thing that they fear in Dak is his running ability. Just like in some cases some Defenses have more problems stopping a mobile QB, than they do a pure pocket passer, statue like QB. So some defenses have weaknesses against mobile QBs and if they do then it makes sense to exploit. Plus, with a good pass rush, statue like QBs, who can't escape sacks/the pass rush can be shut down. As we saw with Brees. When our defense shut him down.

And QBs that can escape the rush or make plays when the line breaks down, can extend plays by either running or throwing to a WR, because the coverage can't keep up with the WR that long, if the QB can extend the play long enough. Being a mobile QB is not a negative thing and is in fact an asset to have. Some defenses rather go against pure pocket passers. Even though some way say that no one "fears" Dak.

Unless you spin and run to your left and you are a right handed QB. Many many problems insue

Blake

Reaction score
The problem with this "unwarranted vitriol" is that's your interpretation on it. Neither if us have the final say on what is or isn't warranted except in our own heads. I think folks defending Dak like he their child because he is a "nice guy" is unwarranted but that's to me. Everybody is going to have their say good or bad at this point just have to let it go because we all are going to say what we feel on this matter and aren't changing our stnsces most likely.

Certain individuals are borderline going postal when they speak negatively about a certain player. That's the instability I'm talking about that any normal, socially adjusted person can pin point for what it is. Poopy is the only one I see to fall into that category. Casual haters aren't a problem. To each their own; I'm still going to make fun of it.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

I’d rather hear fans say uggghhh, Dak is soooo Average!! We want an Elite QB.. Instead of the constant whining that he’s the worst qb in the league.

No our scheme is the worst in the league, Dak is Average despite being hamstung by said garbage scheme....

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
All right let's make him a HB or FB and go get a QB that can throw us to victory ......!!!!

Groovy baby Groovy!!!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

You are hopeless...

Look I’m all for drafting the next John Elway and keeping Dak as a backup but in the meantime use him correctly so we can win....:banghead:

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Someone tell Dak that his Job is to Throw the Football as we have Zeke to run the ball.....as great leaders always do :rolleyes: he's looking to shift blame again from his horrendous performance once again....Guess he can't use the ball hitting the helmet excuse again......
It's 2018 - an athletic QB using his legs is every bit as much his job as throwing it.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

You are hopeless...

Look I’m all for drafting the next John Elway and keeping Dak as a backup but in the meantime use him correctly so we can win....:banghead:

Dak-Zoids they will use every angle and excuse to make us believe that Dak is Franchise QB material but isn't being used correctly..... :banghead:...in the end Dak is Dak a Grade D QB our version of Tim Tebow and RGIII.......let him run run and run cause he sure can't pass.....

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you being serious with these crap posts?

Are you and Dak-Nation supporting the most inept QB we've had since Quincy Carter and trying to sell us based on the 1 talent he has ....running....by they way 12 fumbles make those runs of his spectacular horrid....

BoysForLife

Reaction score
He's apparently implying none were called but going forward, he'll make his own necessary adjustments if the game dictates.

Dak Prescott was not sure if last week’s game against Indianapolis was the first game of his career he did not have a rush. It wasn’t. It was the third, but some of that was by design because the Cowboys felt they could run against the Colts without many zone-read looks. Prescott, who has 303 yards on 67 carries on the season, wants to do more with his legs this week against Tampa Bay. “I kind of just go with what the defense is giving me and their schemes and if they’re giving me running lanes or something like that, taking off,” Prescott said. “To finish a game like last week not having any rushing attempts, probably for the first time in my whole career, it’s crazy. After the game, you feel as healthy as I did, you almost a bad feeling because I realize didn’t run the ball. I didn’t do certain things where I’ve got to be able to do that and take matters into my own hands and go do it even if it’s not called.”

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer8m ago

Hey Dak--
why don't you just run the plays that *are* called, and run them well. For example--when a play gets a guy wide open why don't you hit the frigging open receiver for the easy TD instead of skipping it 4 feet short of him or sailing it 3 yards over his head? Do this, and maybe you won't have to "improvise and make plays with your feet" to move the offense.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey Dak--
why don't you just run the plays that *are* called, and run them well. For example--when a play gets a guy wide open why don't you hit the frigging open receiver for the easy TD instead of skipping it 4 feet short of him or sailing it 3 yards over his head? Do this, and maybe you won't have to "improvise and make plays with your feet" to move the offense.
:hammer:

jblaze2004

Reaction score
sounds like the cowboys coaching staff. Don't do what freaking works. Do what the other team forces us to do smh.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Are you and Dak-Nation supporting the most inept QB we've had since Quincy Carter and trying to sell us based on the 1 talent he has ....running....by they way 12 fumbles make those runs of his spectacular horrid....
lol I'm hardly a Dak-Nation supporter. I couldn't care less if he was released tomorrow. That doesn't mean I don't want him to be used correctly.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
It's 2018 - an athletic QB using his legs is every bit as much his job as throwing it.

Are some going to pretend like Romo didn't extend plays with his feet or run when he needed to, just in order to hate on Dak? Going to act like some of Rodger's best plays weren't when he extended them with his feet. Or act like Rodgers never ran for first downs when no one was open or when the play broke down. This Dak hating agenda gets absurd at times. Someone pointed out what Chris Canty said about mobile QBs, to counter my point made about how NFL defenses would rather take on a Pocket passing QB over a mobile QB sometimes. Yet, if Chris Canty last played in 2015, then he hasn't gone up against Dak.

Current DCs, who have most likely gameplanned/watched film on Dak, have said that his feet are his most dangerous asset. Yet, some will still ignore this and cherry pick parts just so that they can keep bashing Dak for anything he says or does.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
lol I'm hardly a Dak-Nation supporter. I couldn't care less if he was released tomorrow. That doesn't mean I don't want him to be used correctly.

Anything other than 100% hating on Dak or calling him a complete trash QB. Makes one either a "Dak-a-Zoid" or a "Dak Nation-Supporter". Expressing anything positive just bothers some people on this board. :facepalm:

CB61

Reaction score
He's apparently implying none were called but going forward, he'll make his own necessary adjustments if the game dictates.

Dak Prescott was not sure if last week’s game against Indianapolis was the first game of his career he did not have a rush. It wasn’t. It was the third, but some of that was by design because the Cowboys felt they could run against the Colts without many zone-read looks. Prescott, who has 303 yards on 67 carries on the season, wants to do more with his legs this week against Tampa Bay. “I kind of just go with what the defense is giving me and their schemes and if they’re giving me running lanes or something like that, taking off,” Prescott said. “To finish a game like last week not having any rushing attempts, probably for the first time in my whole career, it’s crazy. After the game, you feel as healthy as I did, you almost a bad feeling because I realize didn’t run the ball. I didn’t do certain things where I’ve got to be able to do that and take matters into my own hands and go do it even if it’s not called.”

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer8m ago

His lack of running attempts it's certainly not from lack of opportunities two of those sacks he took we're potentially big running place for him if he had taken off so I don't know if it's a coaches telling him to stay put or what but they need to change their story one hell of a hurry it's just ridiculous for him to stand back there like a statue

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Dak-Zoids they will use every angle and excuse to make us believe that Dak is Franchise QB material but isn't being used correctly..... :banghead:...in the end Dak is Dak a Grade D QB our version of Tim Tebow and RGIII.......let him run run and run cause he sure can't pass.....

The List of Things That Disqualify You
1. You don’t understand football.
2. Extremely poor reading comprehension.
3. Irrational.
4. I’ll let the forum fill in the blank ___________.

Let me EXPLAIN it to you S-L-O-W-L-Y...

Here’s your first baby spoon full:
1) Dak is Average with the added bonus of run skills. This means he can Pass satisfactorily and run Occasionally to pick up first downs, and to keep defenders occupied. This makes him slightly Above average but Not Elite.
2) Already been stated, if you want an Elite QB I’m All for it, we might have to wait another season though to draft one. Spent 1st on Coop.
3) In the meantime we would still like to win games so How do we do that with an AVERAGE but NOT Elite QB? Hmmmm, duh, let me make 20,000 Whine Fest Threads and Posts about Dak suckage, OR....
4) Improve the scheme to fit the teams strengths including but not limited to, bringing in a legit #1 WR with speed -Check, allow Zeke to eat -Check, emphasize your QB’s Strengths - - Error - - Error - - Duh - -Duh - Dak Sucks _~%*** Duh, I might as well cry and do Nothing....
5) Allow Dak to be Dak until we draft the next John Elway, Joe Montana, etc, but Try to Win in the meantime!!!!!
6) Remove the training wheels and flip to pg 4 of our Techmo Bowl Playbook from the 90’s.
7) Learn The Game or Shut It....
8) Get better coaches.
9) Fix the broken dilapidated O-line.
10) Make more threads about Suckage, Not!!

You have Zero Credibility here, Zero!! Go sit in the corner....