Twitter: Dak to Gallup

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Cooper explained the issue on the deep routes. He said that Dak is throwing to a spot and the wr has to run full speed to that spot but even he on at least one route slowed down (looking back) once he gained separation from the cb. Gallup did this many times, he's a rookie and hasn't adjusted to the way they want him to run that 9 route.

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
You get open by running fast, then in the middle of your route and you don't think the ball is coming you slow down. QB throws the ball as if you are funning full speed and the ball arrives a few yards out of reach because of the hesitation.

Simple stuff.
A lot of the time where gallup was open on 9 routes were double moves.. i remember times where dak overthrew him or threw the ball out of bounds when he was wide open no one near him no slowing down... i watch the games.. the film is also on youtube.. im not here to argue or **** on dak because i am a fan of both players. I just like to call it how i see it

Edit - the saints game really comes to mind regarding this topic.. also the eagles game

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot of the time where gallup was open on 9 routes were double moves.. i remember times where dak overthrew him or threw the ball out of bounds when he was wide open no one near him no slowing down... i watch the games.. the film is also on youtube.. im not here to argue or **** on dak because i am a fan of both players. I just like to call it how i see it

Edit - the saints game really comes to mind regarding this topic.. also the eagles game

It's been said above, but the WRs are taught to keep their heads down on their routes and to look for the ball at the top of the route where they expect it. Cooper, at least, said a couple of times last year that he'd made the mistake of looking up too soon and losing speed. It might not appear that they're losing speed as they're still running full-out, but it slows them down.

That doesn't meant that Dak's not also overthrowing, but it's interesting that he had such good downfield chemistry with Cooper and was a lot worse with Gallup (though they were very close a lot of the time). It suggests, at least, that the WR is involved in whatever the problem is and that it's not just the QB.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The front office was so braindead going that route. Amari mitigated that stupidity greatly.

It was more a case of them trying and not getting their guy in VFA last season, and then saying the plan was to add a player like Hearns and go by committee all along.

Cooper worked out for them, but they got lucky. They could as easily be saddled to a stupid expensive FA WR contract right now and not have solved the problem.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Some where he missed him, some where gallop hesitate. Not sure why people have to talk about this. It’s a rookie wr and a new qb where they barely had preseason time together. This type of **** happens all the time all over the league.