News: Dak to miss 6-8 weeks

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I hope it's that simple. And I hope the front office does something. They've been sitting on their hands for a whole offseason. I've never been so mad at Stephen Jones. I think Jerry is a figurehead at this point. Stephen is the cheapskate holding us back.
There is nothing to do. SF is not going to trade JG, not even for a #1, not after what they’ve seen of Lance.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It’s beyond me how some fans can’t see this!
I saw what the league MVP did at QB with a similar lack of receivers and OL. This season was doomed by the front office to begin with. Add garbage wideouts and weak interior OL to a coaching staff that refuses to run the ball in a defensive game when their RB is 10 for 52 with no stuffs, and you get what you get.

ESisback

Reaction score
I saw what the league MVP did at QB with a similar lack of receivers and OL. This season was doomed by the front office to begin with. Add garbage wideouts and weak interior OL to a coaching staff that refuses to run the ball in a defensive game when their RB is 10 for 52 with no stuffs, and you get what you get.
I agree, but I still think Dak can’t be successful without a good support system, and a weak OL and short handed WR corps aren’t it.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
half the season essentially…ugh. Hell of a way to start the season.

sorry have to lay another Plat....that means....we lose at least 11-12 games....6-11 or 5-12.....and i am full on Homerism

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I absolutely hate this. As much as people rag on Dak, we had a chance at the playoffs with him, tonight's performance notwithstanding. We have no chance without him. None. Yes, Dak Prescott makes the Cowboys a better team. What a disaster this season has turned out to be. There's plenty of blame to go around. Jerry and Stephen should be ashamed of themselves. I was hoping for an exciting season despite some obvious holes that they refused to plug. Looks like everything that could be a problem is a problem. And I'd like to slap their faces.

miss Boyz----please call me before you do so i can take picture and make it big and frame it and put on frontroom wall......we all would love a crack at a good slap or worse on them

ESisback

Reaction score
sorry have to lay another Plat....that means....we lose at least 11-12 games....6-11 or 5-12.....and i am full on Homerism

Probably would have won 9-11 WITH Dak, but without, 5 or 6, and that’s not an endorsement of his greatness as the QB1. Problem is, all the crying Eeyores will gleefully claim victory. To them, the priority isn’t Cowboy success, but being perceived as gridiron gurus

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Probably would have won 9-11 WITH Dak, but without, 5 or 6, and that’s not an endorsement of his greatness as the QB1. Problem is, all the crying Eeyores will gleefully claim victory. To them, the priority isn’t Cowboy success, but being perceived as gridiron gurus

any day of week i turn in what i know if Cowboys can just win....but before we use to only shoot ourselves in the foot....but it seems this year....we pulled out a 12-gauge double barrel
What were his stats and the score BEFORE he got hurt? We've been living this reality for years,this is not new.

big E79....one of the best OT's ever to play...until the accident and still in the good range afterward

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

its all true...makes me so sick....have to take a break

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not a Dak fan, so hearing he will miss 6 to 8 weeks is great news to me. But the problem is how this FO treats the backup QB position. All we need is a solid bus driver but the FO won't give us one. So, losing Dak becomes a bigger problem than it should be. There is no QB savior coming to save this team so this season is over. Stop trying to win. Go out of your way to lose games and earn that number 1 draft pick next year. Get us a viable QB that can challenge Dak and do not give him a second contract!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I agree, but I still think Dak can’t be successful without a good support system, and a weak OL and short handed WR corps aren’t it.
Before Dak got hurt, he was having one of the worst games of his career. Dak is never going to say anything negative about the front office or the offensive personnel but his actions betrayed him.

He looked jittery in the pocket because he didn’t trust his offensive line, & when he did throw the ball he was often off target. A third down miss to a wide open Noah Brown early in the fourth quarter was his biggest indictment.

Bottom line. When Dak returns from his thumb injury, he must play better. The Cowboys are paying him $40 million a year to carry their offense & be the best player. That’s the standard. Anything less is unacceptable.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What does it say about the Cowboy's confidence in their own drafting job when they hire a 9-time pro-bowler to back up their #1 draft pick and their #3 draft pick is a healthy scratch in a position of need? Dak being gone could be a good thing but we don't have the talent to take advantage of his absence. So mail the season in, it's over!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well did not expect this, now jerrys bkup picks, will come into play !
But after the way "ready" dak played, they might be better off with rush?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Before Dak got hurt, he was having one of the worst games of his career. Dak is never going to say anything negative about the front office or the offensive personnel but his actions betrayed him.

He looked jittery in the pocket because he didn’t trust his offensive line, & when he did throw the ball he was often off target. A third down miss to a wide open Noah Brown early in the fourth quarter was his biggest indictment.

Bottom line. When Dak returns from his thumb injury, he must play better. The Cowboys are paying him $40 million a year to carry their offense & be the best player. That’s the standard. Anything less is unacceptable.
Dak doesnt do well when pressured, and the game plan and play designs, and play calling did not help.

Dallas coaches need to step it up!