Dak tops in tight window throws

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is great. But it begs the question how bad he was in open windows, then, for his numbers to have dropped the way they did?

This is one of those where the numbers actually surprise me. I wouldn't have thought he'd be very high on this list just judging from my eye-ball test this season.

Reaction score
This is great. But it begs the question how bad he was in open windows, then, for his numbers to have dropped the way they did?

This is one of those where the numbers actually surprise me. I wouldn't have thought he'd be very high on this list just judging from my eye-ball test this season.

Not being sarcastic, but I just don't think there were many open windows this year. With Zeke gone for 6 games, our predictable routes, and our "separation-challenged" WRs, just not a lot of guys running wide open.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not being sarcastic, but I just don't think there were many open windows this year. With Zeke gone for 6 games, our predictable routes, and our "separation-challenged" WRs, just not a lot of guys running wide open.

Well, I didn't either, but if he's leading the league on the tight-window throws, and his passing efficiency dropped ~20 points or whatever it was, something must be going on. Multiple picks on open plays, or a high percentage of his really bad plays coming under pressure and not qualifying as tight-window throws. Something.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Mq2hKuh.gif

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
More subjective stats, who determines what a tight window throw is? They must just count throws when he is on the move.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The kid ran for his life most of the year. O-Line is wasnt as good as his first year. Injuries to O-Line. He took a beating. Will give ya happy feet and be not so accurate. WR wasn’t getting open and defenses took away Beez and the short stuff. Our staff didn’t help much. And maybe he wasn’t as good as last year with reading the defenses being thrown at him. I thought he called a lot of audibles where his first season he didn’t. Maybe he tried to do to much or the staff gave him to much? A lot of blame to go around.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Like Idgit said, what exactly is this suppose to prove?

That he sucks at throwing to wide open receivers? Something had to give for his stats to have dropped significantly from last season.

Also, kinda important to note that Dak lead the league in pick 6s (ints returned for TDs).