Dak tops in tight window throws

Dre11

Reaction score
Like Idgit said, what exactly is this suppose to prove?

That he sucks at throwing to wide open receivers? Something had to give for his stats to have dropped significantly from last season.

Also, kinda important to note that Dak lead the league in pick 6s (ints returned for TDs).

It shows that there's more to how a qb plays than what you just sees with your eyes. It takes into account all variables and not just what you see from the couch.

Ken

Reaction score
So based on the Next Gen Stats write up, Dak had 96 attempts of his 490 throws being "tight window throws". That is 19.5%. 1 out of 5 throws was tight, scoring at home.

Dre11

Reaction score
Or the fact it’s the same plays and routes out of the same formations for years. Teams know our plays inside and out. Probly another reason our WR aren’t open.

Or that form most of the year teams played more coverage rather than fearing the run game. It's not a coincidence Dak struggles really coincided with Zeke suspension.

Aven8

Reaction score
This is great. But it begs the question how bad he was in open windows, then, for his numbers to have dropped the way they did?

This is one of those where the numbers actually surprise me. I wouldn't have thought he'd be very high on this list just judging from my eye-ball test this season.

IMO he was thinking too much this season. They gave him too much and tried to make him Romo. It's no secret that both he and Romo have done well in the hurry up when JG and company don't have a say....

Dre11

Reaction score
So based on the Next Gen Stats write up, Dak had 96 attempts of his 490 throws being "tight window throws". That is 19.5%. 1 out of 5 throws was tight, scoring at home.

But we get no separation....lol

Dre11

Reaction score
IMO he was thinking too much this season. They gave him too much and tried to make him Romo. It's no secret that both he and Romo have done well in the hurry up when JG and company don't have a say....

Again, you are completely loss when it comes to football, even in hurry up he's not out there drawing plays up on the turf, he's still running a hurry up package within the game plan, on one hand you say he was thinking too much, then at the same time making the assumption he's making up his own plays....lol wow!!!!

Dre11

Reaction score

Aven8

Reaction score
Again, you are completely loss when it comes to football, even in hurry up he's not out there drawing plays up on the turf, he's still running a hurry up package within the game plan....lol

Smh....I played 4 years of college football bud, and 3 more years as a strength and conditioning coach at the D2 level. I've noticed you like to troll everyone's post.

Try reading the actual post. My point is when he's running hurry up, he not having to think so much.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think that’s gonna be on our staff. Apparently on Linehan (which scares me) because JG is gonna stand there and clap until JJ fires him. Linehan will have to make changes and he has made 0 so far. He had plenty of time to draw up something different to back defenses off and he rode the same plays week after week.

Good points..................Linehan should have been shown the door already, I am not impressed with him.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
So we average more separation than the vaunted Falcons WRs that include Julio? Say it ain't so.

Almost all of those numbers are so close, it means nothing. All these teams run different schemes with different QB's.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So we average more separation than the vaunted Falcons WRs that include Julio? Say it ain't so.

Falcons offense wasn't nearly as good as the year before because they lost their COACH. Same players. Worse offensive coordinator.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
ROFL... because Pick 6's explain what really? That our offense can't tackle?
Dak had 13 INT which was far from stellar but no where near leading the league.
If you need to hold on to pick 6 stats you are struggling.

Dak's 22 TDs and 13 INT were pretty much average for a starting NFL QB last year.

Dak was 16th in passing yards, 12th in TD passes and largely was just average across the board.

Dude, you just proved my point....................Dak went from 4 INTS to 13 INTS

Now if Dak is the best QB in the league on tight window throws, how did his interceptions increase over 300%? Some posters say it was the loss of Zeke, some say it was the loss of Tyron, some say he is just naturally inaccurate, ect...

Dre11

Reaction score
Smh....I played 4 years of college football bud, and 3 more years as a strength and conditioning coach at the D2 level. I've noticed you like to troll everyone's post.

Try reading the actual post. My point is when he's running hurry up, he not having to think so much.

Playing college ball doesn't mean you know football...lol you took your usual dig at the coaches, when the radio in the helmet is still active, he thinks no more outside of hurry up, as he do during hurry up, if anything he's thinking more because he has the pressure of the clock, getting everyone lined up, and having to process reads quicker....lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

946d8e8a404b2622046b158872be9141.455x341x1.jpg

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It shows that there's more to how a qb plays than what you just sees with your eyes. It takes into account all variables and not just what you see from the couch.

Care to elaborate my friend?

Dak's interceptions increased from 4 last season to 13 this season because "there is more to playing QB than what you see".

Real informative there, can to elaborate a little more?