Dak vs Carr vs Cousins

Staubacher

Reaction score
Im not talking about Dak. Im saying paying mid tier guys, mid tier money isnt a solution either. Its never gotten anyone anywhere.
It's a temporary solution for now I'd rather be paying half as much for a guy who will take the team just as far and use that money to possibly improve the team overall.

The context of this discussion is Daks contract so yes we are talking about him and we're comparing it to other quarterbacks

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
It's a temporary solution for now I'd rather be paying half as much for a guy who will take the team just as far and use that money to possibly improve the team overall.

The context of this discussion is Daks contract so yes we are talking about him and we're comparing it to other quarterbacks
We already tried this with Testaverde, Bledsoe, Carter, etc. It doesn't work out like you think it does.

Staubacher

Reaction score
We already tried this with Testaverde, Bledsoe, Carter, etc. It doesn't work out like you think it does.
Again you're missing the point we're talking about right now and it makes a lot more sense to have a Baker Mayfield who is actually doing better results wise for half the price. That is not even arguable really and has nothing to do with what happened 20 years ago with this team

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
There’s context missing. Kirk Cousins got his deal coming off a AcL injury and missing most of the season and he’s 35 years old.

Derek Carr got his deal sucking in Oakland.

Dak got his as a All Pro.

You’re missing context which I’m sure is intentional.
Does that change anything though? Sometimes its best to hang onto an assets and sometimes its better to sell high and buy low on a new one. The Cowboys made their decision, and thats fine, but its hard to argue that there is more than one way to do it when a lot of 2-0 teams are there with QBs that nobody wanted.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

A temporary solution that makes you a middling team at best for 3 years. Not a good solution.

My question wasnt in regards to Prescott. Its why you think a middling player is a good solution. The results still arent what you want

Staubacher

Reaction score
Does that change anything though? Sometimes its best to hang onto an assets and sometimes its better to sell high and buy low on a new one. The Cowboys made their decision, and thats fine, but its hard to argue that there is more than one way to do it when a lot of 2-0 teams are there with QBs that nobody wanted.
Darnold did something poopydiaper Dak couldn't do vs the 49ers. How much is he making?

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Again you're missing the point we're talking about right now and it makes a lot more sense to have a Baker Mayfield who is actually doing better results wise for half the price. That is not even arguable really and has nothing to do with what happened 20 years ago with this team
There is a reason Noone wanted Baker and Dak was set to be the biggest free agency get of all time. Just because you can't see the difference doesn't mean it's not there.

Staubacher

Reaction score
A temporary solution that makes you a middling team at best for 3 years. Not a good solution.

My question wasnt in regards to Prescott. Its why you think a middling player is a good solution. The results still arent what you want
You are incredibly dense.

"Not any better" for half the price.

I'll leave you to figure that out. I can't abide your density any longer.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You are incredibly dense.

"Not any better" for half the price.

I'll leave you to figure that out. I can't abide your density any longer.
You can think of mens dense all you want. You're awnsering me. Im asking if you want the results a Baker Mayfield is going to get you? If you are happy with an upside of 1 playoff win, then the Mayfield's of the world are for you. If you want real contention, you need an elite QB.

Prescott is not the awnser, but going cheaper isnt the awnser either. Can use a Mayfield as a guy to keep you "relevant"? Sure. Honestly that is just wasting time if you actually want a real contender.

Essentially Im saying the course we are on isnt right. But the course you want isnt right either. If that make me "dense", then cool

BoysForLife

Reaction score
And Dak got his first deal after a bad injury. So what?
Exactly right. Context sounds like something Jerry would blather on about while trying to explain away another front office debacle.

Dakota is getting paid $100 million more than Carr, but contextually speaking, he's not producing commensurate to that difference

That's the only context any Cowboys fan should be considering in this discussion

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Exactly right. Context sounds like something Jerry would blather on about while trying to explain away a other front office debacle.

Dakota is getting paid $100 million more than Carr, but contextually speaking, he's not producing commensurate to that difference

That's the only context any Cowboys fan should be considering in this discussion
The dude with 0 postseason wins....... he is paid the way he is because NFL teams know what he is. You are overreacting to a few games.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's better than paying mid tier guys top dollar. Which is what we are doing now

At least getting a guy like Mayfield on the discount allows you to shore up other weaknesses elsewhere
But who has ever won anything with those caliber guys. That’s my point. Is winning a Super Bowl the goal or 10/11 wins and a wild card/2nd round exit the goal?