Dak vs Costly QBs not making playoffs

Flamma

Reaction score
3 of those QB’s have been to a SB, 2 were just signed this year to FA big deal and the other two are proven QB’s.

The list of QB’s in the playoffs is more impressive.
Brady, Brees, Rivers, Goff, Mahommes, Luck and few more up and coming young stars who are the difference in their teams new fortune.

If you don’t have a QB, your looking for one.

I’m not sure what the intent or narration is here picking a few QB who didn’t make the playoffs? Does this mean Dak is a greater QB than they are?

It just means a boatload of money at QB is watching the playoffs. Out of the 11 teams that made it so far only 4 of their QBs have big contracts if I'm not mistaken. At some point do these big contracts end up hurting their team?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Carr, Garoppolo, and Cousins contracts in particular look bad.
Just a couple years ago Carr was one of the up and coming QB until he had no team around him. Looks like they still want him.

Jimmy G only came into a 1-10 team to win 5 straight and he definitely looked like the future. He missed most of this season with injury.

Cousins is a bust this year for what they paid but they were in it until the final week. I can see the Vikings coming back next year.

Do we really need to discuss Rodgers and Big Ben. They have proved their value over time.

We could have easily picked some of the top paid QB’s who are in playoffs arguing how important they are.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
That’s not at all what I am saying with this post.

I know it's not what you're saying, but with the way rookie QBs keep coming in and looking so good on first contract lately, sometimes I wonder if the way to win in the salary cap era is to build a great team and then get a good cheap QB everytime teams figure out your current one lol

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dak made $725K in salary this year including workout bonus. And he led to 10 wins and the NFC east division title. Interesting stat on many otherhighly paid franchise QBs- Seven of the NFL’s highest paid QBs did not make the playoffs. These guys combined for 40 wins.

Aaron Rodgers: $33.5M
Matt Ryan: $30M
Kirk Cousins: $28M
Jimmy Garoppolo: $27.5M
Matthew Stafford: $27M
Derek Carr: $25M
Ben Roethlisberger $23M

Obviously Jimmy G missed most of the season but those top 3- Rodgers, Ryan and Cousins combined cost their teams a whopping $91 million this year and they did not even make the playoffs.

Hmmmm......
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I know it's not what you're saying, but with the way rookie QBs keep coming in and looking so good on first contract lately, sometimes I wonder if the way to win in the salary cap era is to build a great team and then get a good cheap QB everytime teams figure out your current one lol
Unless you hit on an elite or top 10 QB it might serve a better purpose financially to treat the QB position like we do many others after Rookie contract.

eastsideboy

Reaction score
Every one of those guys had better coaching then Dak. All but Carr had better players around him.

Looking at those salaries Dak is going to get at least 25 million per year.
Then we can join them and we can be the next Minnesota Vikings. but then we can always brag about having the highest paid qb

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If we can draft a new RB every 5 years, why not a QB?

We’d be foolish to overpay Elliott too like we did Dak.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Says the QB prices are too high, and it is not wise to give out huge contracts. And more evidence that it is a team game.

rags747

Reaction score
Dak made $725K in salary this year including workout bonus. And he led to 10 wins and the NFC east division title. Interesting stat on many otherhighly paid franchise QBs- Seven of the NFL’s highest paid QBs did not make the playoffs. These guys combined for 40 wins.

Aaron Rodgers: $33.5M
Matt Ryan: $30M
Kirk Cousins: $28M
Jimmy Garoppolo: $27.5M
Matthew Stafford: $27M
Derek Carr: $25M
Ben Roethlisberger $23M

Obviously Jimmy G missed most of the season but those top 3- Rodgers, Ryan and Cousins combined cost their teams a whopping $91 million this year and they did not even make the playoffs.

Hmmmm......
What’s your point? Is Dak better than all of those qb’s?