Dak vs Costly QBs not making playoffs

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Agreed, I think mods could put an end to it when posts move from critiquing a game to just hateful, “I’m right” negativity if they threw them all into the Drama Zone.

The guys who have made up their minds that Dak is responsible for every bad play and someone else is responsible for every good play have had all season to ruin every win for the rest of us. Just a suggestion, mods, but hasn’t it been hashed out enough over 17 weeks? Don’t the rest of us deserve to enjoy the playoff game(s) without listening to the same garbage over and over?

So you're so sensitive to criticism of Dak that you let others ruin a Cowboys victory for you?
Whatever happened to just ignoring posts and posters you don't like? :huh:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think that the message is that while having a QB is paramount, overpaying can strap your team right out of the playoffs.
Of course. But I don’t think that was necessarily the situation this year for these teams with the exception of Cousins.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I get that, but what you are saying doesn’t make any sense since you are babbling about QB winz like it’s real or something. Dak didn’t lead anyone anywhere, the team won in spite of him.
Regardless, I don’t really see how anyone could not see the obvious truth in front of their eyes: paying a QB big bucks is bad for making the playoffs.
Interesting to have an apparent mind reader on these boards. Because you didn’t read my mind. I didn’t actually say any of that.

eastsideboy

Reaction score
The NFL is a QB driven league in Cap era.

The teams with the greatest QB’s are a more consistent contender over an era. It doesn’t guarantee championships or playoffs every year but they’re more likely to elevate or carry lesser talent around them.

If they aren’t that level hard to justify paying them big money.
I agree. right up to the point they get payed. then they go on that list. :muttley:

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
If Dallas decides to extend Dak they will have to pay him market value. The fans don't decide that. The league decides that.

khiladi

Reaction score
Flipside to everyone saying Dak can't get to a Super Bowl

That wouldn’t necessarily be Dak though. That’s anybus driver that is a flash in the pan.

The Jaguars defense was ridiculous and the refs basically made up PI calls to get Brady scores. And the next year, Blake was so bad in the beginning of the year the defense basically gave up on the season.

Half the season we had WRs complaining how open they were. We just happened to get on a winning streak with elite defensive play. Yeah, Bortles has some good games here and there, but his bad ones were too obvious to say he’d be an issue. There are games where Dak was just awful like last week against a trash Tampa Bay team, but our defense scored once and Should have scored again, but Gregory stumbled like a couple yards away.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Dak deserves a big pay day. He's a young QB that's already led this team to the playoffs twice in three years. He's going to consistently have this team in the playoff hunt every year.

kskboys

Reaction score
Interesting to have an apparent mind reader on these boards. Because you didn’t read my mind. I didn’t actually say any of that.
It was really sad how he babbled that you were babbling when he was the one babbling!!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That’s not at all what I am saying with this post.
Super K is often misunderstood but he calls it like he sees it and I often agree as harsh as it can be.

I think more of what he’s saying is to be looking to the draft or the next man up before committing a hundred million to a bus driver.

How much worse could we do in 1st round in 2020?

Will we be able to sign Zeke and Cooper.?What is Dak without the surrounding talent?

Unless he can lead us us to a Super Bowl we can lose in 1st round with others for a lot less..just saying.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak deserves a big pay day. He's a young QB that's already led this team to the playoffs twice in three years. He's going to consistently have this team in the playoff hunt every year.

Dak doesn’t deserve anything until he plays out his contract...

It’s more a testimony to what Dak is that the Cowboys continued to play a Dak after a mediocre first half, while being up 14-0. If they knew he was the one, they would have played Rush.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
And the Giants aren't trash?
did I reply to you? The person I was replying to said in another post to discredit Dak that the Giants are trash, Now he's using the Giants to prop Josh Johnson up. Make any sense to you?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
So we extend Dak for 800k and a 20 mil super bowl bonus
giphy.gif

khiladi

Reaction score
Super K is often misunderstood but he calls it like he sees it and I often agree as harsh as it can be.

I think more of what he’s saying is to be looking to the draft or the next man up before committing a hundred million to a bus driver.

How much worse could we do in 1st round in 2020?

Will we be able to sign Zeke and Cooper.?What is Dak without the surrounding talent?

Unless he can lead us us to a Super Bowl we can lose in 1st round with others for a lot less..just saying.

And Cooper has been pretty non-existent ever since teams started helping over the top more, So this idea that it was the WR limiting Dak is nonsense. Dak simply can’t get the ball to guys consistently. Cooper’s production in the beginning was against press coverage with no help over top.

Teams were simply daring Dak to beat them.

khiladi

Reaction score
did I reply to you? The person I was replying to said in another post to discredit Dak that the Giants are trash, Now he's using the Giants to prop Josh Johnson up. Make any sense to you?

Whose proposing JJ up? I said any mediocre QB is doing what Dak is doing. And one of the examples I gave is JJ, who didn’t even play an NFL game in 7 years and produced like Dak did without even a training camp and a Commanders roster with more people on injured reserve than any other team..

Is that hard to follow?