Dak vs Jimmy G

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Who would you rather have? It is a flat out no brainer for me...it's Jimmy G. For the life of me, I cannot understand why SF is in such a hurry to replace him. SF was one Eli Manning pop fly type throw and catch by KC in the Super Bowl from winning one himself....until that happened, they were toast. Is Jimmy G great? No. But he has more tools than Dak, who will NEVER sniff a Super Bowl. Does Dak have a no trade clause? If not, let's get something going....we are wasting our time by doing nothing.
Get lost, seriously. Go take your childish rants elsewhere. Go follow another team and QB while you're at it. Your Dak/Cowboys hatred has become stale.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Who would you rather have? It is a flat out no brainer for me...it's Jimmy G. For the life of me, I cannot understand why SF is in such a hurry to replace him. SF was one Eli Manning pop fly type throw and catch by KC in the Super Bowl from winning one himself....until that happened, they were toast. Is Jimmy G great? No. But he has more tools than Dak, who will NEVER sniff a Super Bowl. Does Dak have a no trade clause? If not, let's get something going....we are wasting our time by doing nothing.

I believe Jimmy G. Led his team to more playoffs wins in the 2021 season than Dak has in his entire career.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Again, Same reason they drafted Lance. What major assets would you trade for a QB who just got surgery on their throwing shoulder and you won’t see how it went until training camp?

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2326546/amp

They had interested teams, but due to the unusual Starting QB availability this offseason, those teams didn’t want to wait
I mean if he's one of the best QB's of all time like you're suggesting I'd offer at least a 2nd or a 3rd for him no?

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
You must have forgot his performance in the Super Bowl a couple of years ago and his performance against the Rams in the NFC title game last season.
At least JG is CAPABLE of making plays under pressure. He makes killer mistakes as well, but at least you have a chance. Dak doesn't even try, or isn't mentally capable, of making plays under extreme pressure. Instead we get:

1st and 10 at the opponents 46, down 6 points, 2:29 on the clock, playing at home against an underdog. The season is on the line.
1st down - panics and takes a sack he had no business taking
2nd and 11 - throws a 3 yard check down which cee dee drops, although he would have been tackled immediately
3rd and 11 - he panics, can't find anyone downfield, tries to dump it off and off misses zeke
4th and 11 - 49ers blitz and under pressure and heaves up a desperation throw

Hadenough

Reaction score
It’s not Jimmy G it’s his teams that have been much better. He won playoff games this past season where he only passed for 172 yards and 132 yards. In 3 playoff games he didn’t pass for more than 232 yards. He had 3 INTs and only 2 TD passes in three playoff games this past season. Those numbers would get him shredded by Cowboys fans. No way are the Cowboys going to advance in the playoffs with a QB putting up those numbers. We don’t have the defense or the running game to allow a QB to simply manage games with low passing numbers and throwing more INTs than TDs. We have to have a productive QB who can put up numbers to win games with the team we have. The Cowboys are a QB dependent team which is why they have terrible seasons when they lose their starting QB for the season.
I wouldn't say the 49ers are the better team. Both teams played a year earlier with backup QBs and Dallas won 41 to 33. Jimmy makes tge 49ers better but Shanahan manages his reps. He may not throw for a lot of yards but he is a bus driver that has done a good job converting 3rd downs.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
With such a great quarterback....why has no one taken Jimmy G off their hands lol? Why is no one offering anything for him?
Well for one thing FO's on the 32 teams are usually quite dumb. They like high draft picks, guys who have won SB's or put up good stats.
I think SF is blaming Jimmy for playoff or SB losses, instead of the real culprit who is shanahan,. Shan has been awful once in playoffs, and has contributed to the team losing.
He isnt going to blame himself, so he probably says he needs a better qb.

It is also stupid to try and compare qb's, as they are all on different teams, with different systems, and coaches.
Stats are flawed, so using stats to compare them is also flawed.

The bottom line is do they win with that qb, and how far do they go in playoffs? And when they lose is it a close game or blowout? and how was the coaching in that game.

Parcells said you are what your record says you are, so using that, Jimmy is better than Dak, he has won more playoff games, and he did beat dak last season in the WC game.
Winning games is what matters.

Would jimmy be better than dak if he played for this dallas team? Maybe, but I think it is hard to judge any qb who has to play for cowboys, since our coaches are so bad
and have been for awhile now.

Dak has done poorly in playoffs, but it isnt all on him, the coaching has played a big part in those losses, just like SF in their post season losses

As a general rule to get to and win a SB, the team needs not only a good qb, but a good coaching staff and HC.

And I will venture that playoff wins are more revealing than season wins . and if you use stats look at the playoff stats only, forget the season stats.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I mean if he's one of the best QB's of all time like you're suggesting I'd offer at least a 2nd or a 3rd for him no?

Where did I suggest he was anything more than Dak’s contemporary, when I’ve said that directly a few times now? Dak has the fifth best passer rating ever, if someone brought up his passer rating, are they not suggesting anything less than him being the fifth best QB of all time?

You’ve again gone back to hyperbole as some kind of defense against Jimmy. He’s not the best, nor is he the worst. He’s right around where Dak is. This conversation is eerily similar to one you and I had about Stafford before the season. I had him rated above Dak, and you said that’s just not realistic, and he’d at LEAST have to make the NFCCG to earn that. Do you remember this? After he won the Super Bowl without a bye in one of the best playoff performances we've ever seen, you were back here right away saying Dak is still better than Stafford.

Is it the person themselves you don’t like, or are there accomplishments somehow lessened because they didn’t do it in Dallas?

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Niners coaching staff tried to keep the pressure off their QB with the best run game and D combo in the game and he had more support from his players than Prescott did.

The Niners tried to be the 00 Ravens with Dilfer at QB or the 03 Bucs with Johnson. They went over the top tough and gave the Rams fits.

The Cowboys went at it as if they had a top 5 QB and he needed to keep pace with Allen, Brady, Mahomes and Rodgers.

Do you really think the Cowboys brain trust is going to build and run anything like the Niners? He paid great money for a QB and he wants to prove he is great, thereby making himself great.

Why not be fair? Was that the Prescott we've seen that would take off when the opportunity presented itself? He was either reluctant to take off on his own or told not to run. He was running when that ankle injury happened. He was also running when that calf became a problem. Think the brain trust thinks a 1st down is worth a sidelined 40M QB?

Why don't we wait and see how a full year removed from that ankle and the non-throwing shoulder are healed before we overly criticize him?

Here's the one thing I do know about Prescott. He's a worker. He worked to the point that Aikman changed his opinion about accuracy for QB's coming into the league.

The other thing I know it's never about one player, it takes a team.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Where did I suggest he was anything more than Dak’s contemporary, when I’ve said that directly a few times now? Dak has the fifth best passer rating ever, if someone brought up his passer rating, are they not suggesting anything less than him being the fifth best QB of all time?

You’ve again gone back to hyperbole as some kind of defense against Jimmy. He’s not the best, nor is he the worst. He’s right around where Dak is. This conversation is eerily similar to one you and I had about Stafford before the season. I had him rated above Dak, and you said that’s just not realistic, and he’d at LEAST have to make the NFCCG to earn that. Do you remember this? After he won the Super Bowl without a bye in one of the best playoff performances we've ever seen, you were back here right away saying Dak is still better than Stafford.

Is it the person themselves you don’t like, or are there accomplishments somehow lessened because they didn’t do it in Dallas?
Much like you clone Prescott haters, they complain of others using wins & losses as a point when it's a team sport.
I noticed none of them are pointing that out now.
Now you're saying that Stafford won the SB......

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Much like you clone Prescott haters, they complain of others using wins & losses as a point when it's a team sport.
I noticed none of them are pointing that out now.
Now you're saying that Stafford won the SB......

I like Dak Prescott. Not really sure where you’re getting that from. It is a team sport, and the QB is the most important part of any team sport in the world when it comes to wins and losses. This has been proven time and time again.

And Everyone is saying Stafford won the Super Bowl, because he did.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The Niners coaching staff tried to keep the pressure off their QB with the best run game and D combo in the game and he had more support from his players than Prescott did.

The Niners tried to be the 00 Ravens with Dilfer at QB or the 03 Bucs with Johnson. They went over the top tough and gave the Rams fits.

The Cowboys went at it as if they had a top 5 QB and he needed to keep pace with Allen, Brady, Mahomes and Rodgers.

Do you really think the Cowboys brain trust is going to build and run anything like the Niners? He paid great money for a QB and he wants to prove he is great, thereby making himself great.

Why not be fair? Was that the Prescott we've seen that would take off when the opportunity presented itself? He was either reluctant to take off on his own or told not to run. He was running when that ankle injury happened. He was also running when that calf became a problem. Think the brain trust thinks a 1st down is worth a sidelined 40M QB?

Why don't we wait and see how a full year removed from that ankle and the non-throwing shoulder are healed before we overly criticize him?

Here's the one thing I do know about Prescott. He's a worker. He worked to the point that Aikman changed his opinion about accuracy for QB's coming into the league.

The other thing I know it's never about one player, it takes a team.
People need to factor in the sacks, the hits, the pressure percentage and the penalties that stifled the offense. Name me one QB that performed with that kind of obstacle. One.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
People need to factor in the sacks, the hits, the pressure percentage and the penalties that stifled the offense. Name me one QB that performed with that kind of obstacle. One.

Joe Burrow

Pat Mahomes is another in 2020. He lost 3/5ths of his offensive line to injury on a team that was 4th in the league in penalties and still made it all the way to the super bowl.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jimmy Garopollo probably isnt even a starting caliber QB anymore. SF won in the playoffs in spite of him. In fact he literally threw the game right to us

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Joe Burrow

Pat Mahomes is another in 2020. He lost 3/5ths of his offensive line to injury on a team that was 4th in the league in penalties and still made it all the way to the super bowl.
bros-the-office.gif