Dak vs Jimmy G

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Joe Burrow

Pat Mahomes is another in 2020. He lost 3/5ths of his offensive line to injury on a team that was 4th in the league in penalties and still made it all the way to the super bowl.
I'm talking about the playoff game specifically.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I'm talking about the playoff game specifically.

yes, both QBs won multiple playoff games with their issues. With Burrow it was the whole conversation in January: if they only built him a better Oline he probably wins the super bowl. Without it, he had to settle for 3 playoff wins

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
yes, both QBs won multiple playoff games with their issues. With Burrow it was the whole conversation in January: if they only built him a better Oline he probably wins the super bowl. Without it, he had to settle for 3 playoff wins
No, they didn't have a win or go home game where they were sacked 5 times, hit 14, a ridiculously insane pressure percentage and a dozen drive killing penalties. Not to mention he rushed for half the yards, scored two TDs and somehow had 300 yards. (The same Stafford averaged per playoff game). But, he gets all the ridicule.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Who would you rather have? It is a flat out no brainer for me...it's Jimmy G. For the life of me, I cannot understand why SF is in such a hurry to replace him. SF was one Eli Manning pop fly type throw and catch by KC in the Super Bowl from winning one himself....until that happened, they were toast. Is Jimmy G great? No. But he has more tools than Dak, who will NEVER sniff a Super Bowl. Does Dak have a no trade clause? If not, let's get something going....we are wasting our time by doing nothing.
because they know more then you as most humans do...that was easy. NEXT

Daks better then JG, not a huge gap but gap nonetheless....

that's fact JG has been covered up by great talent and coaching and still has bad stats..like Carr who leads the league in losses and turnovers now makes more money then Dak.. LOL hater trolls will never learn..keep questioning real sports organizations for decisions you believe are bad ONES :lmao: just WOW the egos in here.

its team game JGs team covers up his issues with great coaching and players making plays in big moment's, our team commits 14 penalties, No run game, questionable play calls, defense giving up 4 straight first half scores and payers just melting down around dak..
:popcorn:

Mannix

Reaction score
Get lost, seriously. Go take your childish rants elsewhere. Go follow another team and QB while you're at it. Your Dak/Cowboys hatred has become stale.

Someone needs to take off their Dak jersey and try wearing grown up clothes for ONE solid week...then report the outcome. Follow another team??? It's because I am such a fan that I am currently so livid over the state of things....99% of them being ownership, team management....as in philosophy....as in handing over 40 million per year to an average QB who has to be surrounded by EVERYTHING just to "somewhat" succeed...and succeeding predominately against the East and other equally bad NFL opponents. When things aren't perfect for Dak, he is barely average....sometimes, flat out bad.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SF's perspective does carry weight....having said that, it's quite possible that if they had Dak, they would already gotten rid of him.
It's possible, or maybe not, but that's an unknown we can't really evaluate. In my view what you are suggesting is, at best, a lateral move in terms of talent rather than a sure improvement, and it would cost us a draft pick or picks to make the deal, and we would have to go through a contract negotiation if we wanted to keep him more than 1 season. I just don't see the point of that.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tired of them both. Give me a guy who elevates the offense every time he steps onto the field. . I'll sacrifice the draft picks.. tired of making chicken salad out of chicken doodoo.

Mannix

Reaction score
It's possible, or maybe not, but that's an unknown we can't really evaluate. In my view what you are suggesting is, at best, a lateral move in terms of talent rather than a sure improvement, and it would cost us a draft pick or picks to make the deal, and we would have to go through a contract negotiation if we wanted to keep him more than 1 season. I just don't see the point of that.

No, you are right about it not being worth the hassle....but if I could swap players even up, I wouldn't have to think twice about it. I think many of you think that I'm in love with Jimmy G....I'm not....but I've seen Dak's upside, and it's now in his rear view mirror...he is shot.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
No, they didn't have a win or go home game where they were sacked 5 times, hit 14, a ridiculously insane pressure percentage and a dozen drive killing penalties. Not to mention he rushed for half the yards, scored two TDs and somehow had 300 yards. (The same Stafford averaged per playoff game). But, he gets all the ridicule.

Youre right he didn’t. Against Tennessee in the divisional round game he won, Burrow was sacked NINE times, a “ridiculously insane pressure percentage.” Dak has never been sacked that many times in his life. Yet he’s the only QB who ever had to deal with this? He’s the unicorn?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Youre right he didn’t. Against Tennessee in the divisional round game he won, Burrow was sacked NINE times, a “ridiculously insane pressure percentage.” Dak has never been sacked that many times in his life. Yet he’s the only QB who ever had to deal with this? He’s the unicorn?
Now you're twisting words. I have no time for that. You're purposely being obtuse. Or, you just are. L8R

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Now you're twisting words. I have no time for that. You're purposely being obtuse. Or, you just are. L8R

No, you said name 1 single QB who’s had this difficulty, I named 2. Dak is not a unicorn in this situation. The difference is both of the other guys won multiple playoff games with these issues. Burrow even as the heavy underdog.

If Dak requires an ideal situation to win a playoff game against a 7 loss wildcard team while at home, then that’s just as telling about Dak as it is the team around him. He’s being paid to overcome these things, as other QBs do.

At what point is he no longer defined by the best excuses people can come up with, and instead what he’s put on the field?

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No, you said name 1 single QB who’s had this difficulty, I named 2. Dak is not a unicorn in this situation. The difference is both of the other guys won multiple playoff games with these issues. Burrow even as the heavy underdog.

If Dak requires an ideal situation to win a playoff game against a 7 loss wildcard team while at home, then that’s just as telling about Dak as it is the team around him. He’s being paid to overcome these things, as other QBs do.

At what point is he no longer defined by the best excuses people can come up with, and instead what he’s put on the field?
I really can't make the point any clearer and you just gloss over it. Then, go on a rant. It's pointless.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I really can't make the point any clearer and you just gloss over it. Then, go on a rant. It's pointless.

Your point is refuted, because it’s not only Dak dealing with it as you claimed.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score

Well said. Unfortunately there are always going to be people who simply believe the story they want to be true, regardless of any evidence to the contrary.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I frankly don’t care — there isn’t a huge difference between the two — but if you go by the same criteria that the the extreme pro-Dak crowd uses to diminish Romo with — he didn’t win much in the playoffs — then you have to go with Jimmy G.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
At least JG is CAPABLE of making plays under pressure.

Dak has made plenty of plays under pressure….get real! In 2020 he brought us back from a 20 point deficit against Atlanta making a huge play to CeeDee in the closing minutes. Against New England this past season he made another huge play in OT to CeeDee that won the game. In a do or die fourth-down play against the Giants a few years ago with the Cowboys behind by 7 he made an Aaron Rodgers type throw to Cole Beasley for a TD. He then converted a two point conversion to win the game. He’s made a bunch of pressure throws that earned him the big contract. The 49ers were so dissatisfied with Jimmy G they traded the farm to move up into the top 5 for Trey Lance. Lol Anyone who thinks Jimmy G is better than Dak doesn’t have a clue!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I wouldn't say the 49ers are the better team. Both teams played a year earlier with backup QBs and Dallas won 41 to 33. Jimmy makes tge 49ers better but Shanahan manages his reps. He may not throw for a lot of yards but he is a bus driver that has done a good job converting 3rd downs.

By the time we faced the 49ers in the playoffs they were a better team. This is why many were picking them to win the game. The game went the way most figured it would they were more physical.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Dak has made plenty of plays under pressure….get real! In 2020 he brought us back from a 20 point deficit against Atlanta making a huge play to CeeDee in the closing minutes. Against New England this past season he made another huge play in OT to CeeDee that won the game. In a do or die fourth-down play against the Giants a few years ago with the Cowboys behind by 7 he made an Aaron Rodgers type throw to Cole Beasley for a TD. He then converted a two point conversion to win the game. He’s made a bunch of pressure throws that earned him the big contract. The 49ers were so dissatisfied with Jimmy G they traded the farm to move up into the top 5 for Trey Lance. Lol Anyone who thinks Jimmy G is better than Dak doesn’t have a clue!

Thank you for making my point for me. Only in the land of the Dak faithful would a comeback in week 2, at home, against a team that went on to be 4-12 be put in the same category as a 2 minute playoff drive that decides whether or not your season ends. The former is something even journeyman QB's do. I understand that is all Dak has. But it doesn't change the fact that the latter is done by winners.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Thank you for making my point for me. Only in the land of the Dak faithful would a comeback in week 2, at home, against a team that went on to be 4-12 be put in the same category as a 2 minute playoff drive that decides whether or not your season ends. The former is something even journeyman QB's do. I understand that is all Dak has. But it doesn't change the fact that the latter is done by winners.

Only in the land of Dak haters is a regular season win meaningless. That was an important week 2 game because we had just lost our opener. We couldn’t afford to start the season 0-2. It doesn’t have to be a playoff game for there to be pressure. I’m not wasting anymore time with fans that don’t like Dak and would rather have a lesser QB over him. Arguing with Dak haters is a waste of time!

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I don't understand the hatred for Dak, history is littered with QB's that have SB rings and a worse skillset than Dak.

Reactions: G2