Dak vs Justin Fields

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Fields on a cheap rookie deal > Dak on a expensive deal.
fields is going to suck in this league..... we would need a strong defense to contend and then spend a first round pick on a QB and not help the defense... great idea!!!!

Nav22

Reaction score
Fields on a cheap rookie deal > Dak on a expensive deal.
Yeah, we’ll see if Fields can even play at the next level.

You guys are so funny. Dak was historically efficient as a rookie and was highly impressive in his very first preseason game. We could tell we hit on something special right off the bat.

But let’s keep pretending every kid selected in the 1st round is a lock to be a Pro Bowl NFL QB, and good enough to eventually earn a huge 2nd contract.
:laugh:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That’s the crazy thing about QB’s man. Even the best looking prospects bust sometimes.

fields could be trash.

fields could be the next pro bowl QB

or anywhere in between.
80% of first round QBs fail in this league....rare we have a year where 2 or 3 QBs work out.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You don’t win championships paying Dak’s like they are elite.

I’d rather go this route and if it doesn’t work out then draft another.

The Dak experiment was foolish and we’ll win nothing.

But Dallas is the last to figure things like this out and like their fan base they still build their team and think football is played like it was in 1992.
so every 3 or 4 years, restart and keep looking for that QB and in the meantime you had one that was a top 10..

great idea....NOT!!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Eli Manning
Joe Flacco
Colin Kaepernick
Cam Newton
Matt Ryan
Jared Goff
Jimmy G

All of these guys either made or won a Superbowl in the last 10 years, either as very highly paid QBs at the time or subsequently got huge contracts after doing so. Now point out the guy on that list that is clearly superior to the best version of Dak we've seen, then realize Dak is still a couple years away from the start of typical "prime" NFL QB years (29-34 or so).
:hammer:

:popcorn:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Fields is interesting.

Wont shock me if he is Dak and it won’t shock me if he is out of the league.

He’s got a cannon and he can run. He just needs to get good at the short and intermediate game as well as reading the whole field.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You just listed a lot of QBs who never won a Super Bowl or were on rookie contracts when they went.

A lot of them were first round picks as well.
Nice try though.
Eli won after he signed his contract, so did Flacco win it after he signed a new contract. grapolo went after he signed his contract with SF. so did Matt Ryan and Newton....did goff also make it to the superbowl after he got his second contract? so that leaves only Kaepernick ....

and now you tried to move the target...first it was playoffs, then it was championship games, then it was making it to the superbowl, now you are saying they never won...but the ONE FACT that remains, most of them were on their second contracts when they made it to the superbowl...now tell me how their contracts stopped them from winning the superbowl!?

nice try though to rewrite history..I give you B- for effort.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Fields is interesting.

Wont shock me if he is Dak and it won’t shock me if he is out of the league.

He’s got a cannon and he can run. He just needs to get good at the short and intermediate game as well as reading the whole field.
LOL

won't shock if he is good. or if he is bad...just like your prediction of how good Wilson is...he could be really good or he could be bad..

great job.. you covered the bases.....you literally are on both sides of the fence!!!

and you called youself a QB guru and you could hand pick them.

X could be good or X could be bad......great job

:thumbup:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Eli won after he signed his contract, so did Flacco win it after he signed a new contract. grapolo went after he signed his contract with SF. so did Matt Ryan and Newton....did goff also make it to the superbowl after he got his second contract? so that leaves only Kaepernick ....

and now you tried to move the target...first it was playoffs, then it was championship games, then it was making it to the superbowl, now you are saying they never won...but the ONE FACT that remains, most of them were on their second contracts when they made it to the superbowl...now tell me how their contracts stopped them from winning the superbowl!?

nice try though to rewrite history..I give you B- for effort.

Flacco went before his rookie deal was up.

The rest have no Superbowls besides Eli. He’s what you call an outlier.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Can you imagine the excitement, optimism and energy that a 1st round QB would bring to the franchise.

Instead we have same old...........
excitement,energy and failed experiment...AWSOME...jerry just sold a million more jersey's...remember, he had the Johnny Manziel ticket in his hand and his son tackled him before he turned it in

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LOL

won't shock if he is good. or if he is bad...just like your prediction of how good Wilson is...he could be really good or he could be bad..

great job.. you covered the bases.....you literally are on both sides of the fence!!!

and you called youself a QB guru and you could hand pick them.

X could be good or X could be bad......great job

:thumbup:

Wilson is a legit talent he’s just going to an awful spot.

Fields has all kinds of problems that I told everyone about back in September when a lot of you were telling me he was the best QB in the class.

I try to teach you guys but hey.. You can lead a horse to water.

Steve007

Reaction score
:lmao: We just drafted 11 players and will sign a few UDFAs. You don't know if some of these prospects will pan out or not. Save your blanket statements for someone that's buying your BS. ;)
Dude your delusional. Those draft picks are not getting the Cowboys to the Superbowl this year. The one pick that might be a difference maker is Parsons maybe
Joseph. The rest are a crap shoot. They didn't even draft a safety.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I love how idiocy smells as the sun sets on my day.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Wilson is a legit talent he’s just going to an awful spot.

Fields has all kinds of problems that I told everyone about back in September when a lot of you were telling me he was the best QB in the class.

I try to teach you guys but hey.. You can lead a horse to water.
so you are already writing excuses for Wilson...

and you are writing excuses for fields..

I can understand. once beaten twice shy...after watson, mahomes, etc...you are hesitant..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
so you are already writing excuses for Wilson...

and you are writing excuses for fields..

I can understand. once beaten twice shy...after watson, mahomes, etc...you are hesitant..

I’m judging them as prospects..

How their careers go from here is anyone’s guess because there is a million different factors but when ranking them as prospects I had Wilson #2 and Fields #4.

The NFL agreed with me and instead of questioning me you should take my words as a learning opportunity.