Dak vs non-playoff teams and playoff teams in 2019

J12B

Reaction score
Dumb post see below....So why was Wentz signed again???

If you understood correctly, I am not against Dak being extended.

My point was that Dak should not be paid at an elite level and should be paid similarly to Goff who actually got a slightly larger deal than Wentz.

glimmerman

Reaction score

My point was that Dak should not be paid at an elite level and should be paid similarly to Goff who actually got a slightly larger deal than Wentz.
He will get between slightly more than goff and slightly more or less than Wilson.

I just wish they would get it over with. Give him the 4 year deal. If mahomes gets paid or jackson gets a extension then it makes things harder..

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is normal for a team to have 4 poor offensive performances in a season.

no doubt. But its still true the 8 games we scored 31pts against weren't that good and made our total offensive output seem much higher than it really is.

cowboygo

Reaction score
Non playoff teams
Record: 7-2
TD/INT: 22/3

Playoff Teams
Record: 1-6
TD/INT: 8/8

Dak's numbers stats were great last season, but they were padded against inferior competition.

This is why Jones can not make the mistake of giving in and paying Prescott as if he is a superbowl QB. Dak deserves Jared Goff's contract, with 1 million extra each year.
If you really want to understand what you posted, do the same for the top 10 QBs YOU think are currently in the league and compare. I think you'll be surprised.

J12B

Reaction score
If you really want to understand what you posted, do the same for the top 10 QBs YOU think are currently in the league and compare. I think you'll be surprised.

I don't have that kind of time

khiladi

Reaction score
Non playoff teams
Record: 7-2
TD/INT: 22/3

Playoff Teams
Record: 1-6
TD/INT: 8/8

Dak's numbers stats were great last season, but they were padded against inferior competition.

This is why Jones can not make the mistake of giving in and paying Prescott as if he is a superbowl QB. Dak deserves Jared Goff's contract, with 1 million extra each year.

four of the games were against Two teams in total disarray. The Giants has a retired DB or safety come back decided to un-retire close to the beginning of the season, that’s how bad their error-ridden secondary the first game was, and the Commanders were a mess overall and fired their HC mid-season.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
As an aside, Wentz is by far better in the red zone. The guy has 72 TDs and 2 INTs in the red zone, while Dak had 54 TDs and 6 INTs in 8 more games. That’s an 18 TD difference. This was before the last game of the season.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I don't have that kind of time

I would wager that most qbs have worse records against winning teams than losing teams.
As an aside, Wentz is by far better in the red zone. The guy has 72 TDs and 2 INTs in the red zone, while Dak had 54 TDs and 6 INTs in 8 more games. That’s an 18 TD difference. This was before the last game of the season.

Where you getting those numbers from? I'm interested in seeing his redzone stats for myself. Also is that including rushing tds?

khiladi

Reaction score
I would wager that most qbs have worse records against winning teams than losing teams.

Where you getting those numbers from? I'm interested in seeing his redzone stats for myself. Also is that including rushing tds?

Wentz has played 55 career games and his numbers in the red zone are insane. In those 55 games, Wentz has thrown 72 touchdown passes and only 2 interceptions. Comparing his numbers to some of the greats in the NFL since 2016, you will see just how impressive Wentz has been. Tom Brady has played 59 games and has thrown 76 touchdowns and 4 interceptions, Drew Brees has played 57 games and has thrown 81 touchdowns and 5 interceptions, Aaron Rodgers has played 54 games and has 75 touchdowns and 3 interceptions, and Russell Wilsonhas played 63 games and thrown 83 touchdowns and 4 interceptions.

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/27/carson-wentz-is-elite/

BTW, Dallas “the number 1 ranked offense in yardage” was bottom half in red zone TD scoring last year at 16 and they were around 20-22 in ROAD games.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score

Qcard

Reaction score

Do you understand the NFL QB market hasn't worked that way since Brady destroyed the leveling pay scale?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That doesn't mean he's better. It could. I'd like to see how many of those redzone touchdowns belong to Zeke.........

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
no doubt. But its still true the 8 games we scored 31pts against weren't that good and made our total offensive output seem much higher than it really is.

They lit up the Rams and Vikings pretty good too. Two pretty good defenses.