Dak vs non-playoff teams and playoff teams in 2019

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Total TDs Tied in 8 less games and 4 less INTs. And the completion percentages are much better for Wentz. So I think it’s pretty clear that Wentz is a better red zone QB.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/redzone-passing.htm

Wentz also has 7 more career fumbles than Dak. I don't think anyone has separated out just the redzone fumbles though. I would lean Wentz as well but the original quote said he was "far better" which I think is overselling it. I think Dak's dual threat ability is really effective in the redzone and I honestly wouldn't even want to try it with Wentz given his injury history.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
To me, pretty good and average are about the same.

Carry on with your bogus narrative. You have no clue what you are looking at or what you are talking about when it comes to Dak. That's how it goes with these boards.

I've been told around here that Patrick Mahomes is average and overrated and Jamal Adams is nothing more than a box safety. Your views on Prescott is no more accurate than these silly points I've been unfortunate enough to read.
*Yawn*

Hush up with your childish drivel.

Either debate what I have to say like an adult, or move along

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What part of completion percentage don’t you understand? He throws more TDs, less INTs in 8 less games.

and the Eagles only has two less rushing TDs than the Cowboys last year, thus your argument isn’t really an argument. For every rushing TD that Zeke and Dak scores, the Eagles roughly score the same amount.

Plus, I’m not arguing that the Zeke isn’t the engine of the Cowboys offense, because he is..
You are missing my point.

Yet according to those stats you posted Dak had 16 redzone touchdowns and Wentz had 19. And if I take your word for it....the Cowboys had 2 more rushing touchdowns.....

My point is...if Zeke wasn't here.....Dak would have more redzone touchdowns.......

khiladi

Reaction score
Wentz also has 7 more career fumbles than Dak. I don't think anyone has separated out just the redzone fumbles though. I would lean Wentz as well but the original quote said he was "far better" which I think is overselling it. I think Dak's dual threat ability is really effective in the redzone and I honestly wouldn't even want to try it with Wentz given his injury history.

Again, Dallas was 16th in red zone scoring last year and over 22nd on the road. Philly was 8th overall and 6th on the road.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What sort of bizarre logic is this?

Him: "Dak struggles against good playoff teams; he is 1-6 against them."

You: "Bull****!!! He's paid $30 million a year!"
It's the only logic the ignorant understand.

khiladi

Reaction score
You are missing my point.

Yet according to those stats you posted Dak had 16 redzone touchdowns and Wentz had 19. And if I take your word for it....the Cowboys had 2 more rushing touchdowns.....

My point is...if Zeke wasn't here.....Dak would have more redzone touchdowns.......

I’m not missing your point..

those stats say the completion percentages are vastly different, while defenses are still focusing on Zeke, who has more TDs than anybody on the Eagles.

And when Zeke isn’t there, like he wasn’t for 6 games on suspension, Dak would probably have far less TDs based on sample size of play. Who says he would have more rushing TDs since it can be argued a majority of them are predicated on the QB option, meaning defenses are keying in on Zeke?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m not missing your point..

those stats say the completion percentages are vastly different, while defenses are still focusing on Zeke, who has more TDs than anybody on the Eagles.

And when Zeke isn’t there, like he wasn’t for 6 games on suspension, Dak would probably have far less TDs based on sample size of play. Who says he would have more rushing TDs since it can be argued a majority of them are predicated on the QB option, meaning defenses are keying in on Zeke?
Well if you are arguing that Wentz was better in 2017 when Zeke got hurt....then yeah you get no argument from me there.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They lit up the Rams and Vikings pretty good too. Two pretty good defenses.

rams weren't that good. yea we had a great offensive game against the vikings but then our defense decided Dak should score more than 3 td's to win a dam game....ugh what a waste.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Non playoff teams
Record: 7-2
TD/INT: 22/3

Playoff Teams
Record: 1-6
TD/INT: 8/8

Dak's numbers stats were great last season, but they were padded against inferior competition.

This is why Jones can not make the mistake of giving in and paying Prescott as if he is a superbowl QB. Dak deserves Jared Goff's contract, with 1 million extra each year.

This is why Jones can not make the mistake of giving in and paying Prescott as if he is a superbowl QB. Dak deserves Jared Goff's contract, with 1 million extra each year.[/QUOTE]

Why??? Think about it WHY????
You happy with this offense the past 3 years?

DallasInDC

Reaction score
no doubt. But its still true the 8 games we scored 31pts against weren't that good and made our total offensive output seem much higher than it really is.

I haven't done the research, but on the surface this sounds like a false narrative. I'm sure that in many instances the highest rank offenses took advantage of teams with poor defenses, thus elevating their stats. This is not something that is unique to the cowboys. Same thing with the garbage time stats. A lot of QBs have garbage time stats yet aren't in the top 5-10 in nearly all QB stats.

I see many making these types of arguments without normalizing the data for other teams/QBs to do a apples to apples comparison.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
SPOT ON!!!!!
Dude does a Dak disappears for 3 Quarters and then pads his stats in GARBAGE PREVENT DEFENSE TIME!

So why are his best QB splits in the 3rd Qtr followed by the 2nd qtr? Also, in gamed with a loss differential of 9+ points he only threw for 549 yards and 2 TDs. How can you say that was taking advantage of garbage time when less than 10% of his productivity came in garbage time?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I haven't done the research, but on the surface this sounds like a false narrative. I'm sure that in many instances the highest rank offenses took advantage of teams with poor defenses, thus elevating their stats. This is not something that is unique to the cowboys. Same thing with the garbage time stats. A lot of QBs have garbage time stats yet aren't in the top 5-10 in nearly all QB stats.

I see many making these types of arguments without normalizing the data for other teams/QBs to do a apples to apples comparison.

of course they do. You play who you play. But you also should acknowledge your weakness vs decent defenses. We are not the patriots or seahawks, we are not a defensive 1st team. Our resources are primarily offense, so the pressure is on them to score against good defenses and we don't consistently. if you are going to say how good a guy is you have to look at his competition and overall he isn't good vs good defenses (minus an outlier game here and there).

J12B

Reaction score
This is why Jones can not make the mistake of giving in and paying Prescott as if he is a superbowl QB. Dak deserves Jared Goff's contract, with 1 million extra each year.

Why??? Think about it WHY????
You happy with this offense the past 3 years?[/QUOTE]

Well Dak proves to be capable with the right talent around him. The oline, WR unit are going to be here for the next two years for sure (contract wise), still has Zeke, and Jarwin is emerging. So moving on from Dak is a gamble, although Dalton is a nice fall back plan.

But Dak is mobile, durable, and doesn't turn the ball over much. That's very valuable in today's NFL.

We have to roll with Dak, in my opinion.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How'd Zeke do in those losses?

The QB is the one that runs the show and "touches it every play". Zeke can;t audible out of a play. Or decide the option. Or throw the bomb.

QB always gets the blame or credit. Rodgers. Brees, Brady,....name all of their running backs.

Having said that...Zeke and the team simply all have to play better. Maybe a coaching change will help.