Dak vs non-playoff teams and playoff teams in 2019

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Total TDs Tied in 8 less games and 4 less INTs. And the completion percentages are much better for Wentz. So I think it’s pretty clear that Wentz is a better red zone QB.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/redzone-passing.htm
it is pointless to compare qb's, each qb has a different set of team mates, and a different set of coaches, and different offenses, defenses ST's
etc.

so what one qb does in a redzone, compared to another is meaningless.

Just judge dak on what he has done here, and leave the other qb's out.
Same thing for what they are paid, it is silly to say well qb x gets this so qb z should get that and more lol.

I get sick of hearing about wentz, he is overpaid, and over rated, but a decent qb, who cant seem to be healthy enough to ever play in a
playoff game.
He finally made playoffs last year, and what does he do?? gets knocked out early in game lol. he is a joke as far as playoffs go.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Non playoff teams
Record: 7-2
TD/INT: 22/3

Playoff Teams
Record: 1-6
TD/INT: 8/8

Dak's numbers stats were great last season, but they were padded against inferior competition.

This is why Jones can not make the mistake of giving in and paying Prescott as if he is a superbowl QB. Dak deserves Jared Goff's contract, with 1 million extra each year.
Since when has this not become a team sport. Prescott’s numbers are basically the same no matter who we played. The problem is other team scored more points when they were better

khiladi

Reaction score
it is pointless to compare qb's, each qb has a different set of team mates, and a different set of coaches, and different offenses, defenses ST's
etc.

so what one qb does in a redzone, compared to another is meaningless.

Just judge dak on what he has done here, and leave the other qb's out.
Same thing for what they are paid, it is silly to say well qb x gets this so qb z should get that and more lol.

I get sick of hearing about wentz, he is overpaid, and over rated, but a decent qb, who cant seem to be healthy enough to ever play in a
playoff game.
He finally made playoffs last year, and what does he do?? gets knocked out early in game lol. he is a joke as far as playoffs go.

I’m not a fan of Wentz, just saying he is much better in the red zone than Dak, who even has Zeke as a threat. People make excuses about Dallas starting field position as an excuse for lack of scoring, but being bottom of the league in red zone TD scoring is evidence that the excuse is vastly over-rated.

If anything, Dak gets the advantage of seeing man outside and single safety all day long with speedy receivers with great pass protection and Zeke, which allows for deep plays. The red-zone doesn’t afford him that situation so his numbers are pretty much mediocre.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What do you mean? When a team struggles chances are its going to be against some good defensive teams. Who struggles against the Giants?

What do you mean what do I mean? We struggled against a several bad teams. Overall.....I don;t know their individual stat rankings.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What do you mean what do I mean? We struggled against a several bad teams. Overall.....I don;t know their individual stat rankings.
I asked you what you mean because it makes no sense. There is no team who is good 16 games out of the season. They will struggle a few games on offense. I don't understand what I said that's confusing?

J12B

Reaction score
Since when has this not become a team sport. Prescott’s numbers are basically the same no matter who we played. The problem is other team scored more points when they were better

The QB position is compensated the most financially. So the QB will be held to another standard.

Granted Dak got like $2 million last year, it shouldn't be all his fault. But if the team couldn't win with him at $2 million, how will the team win with him at a $35 million cap hit. Dak will most likely get better as a QB but losing talent because he takes up a significant percentage of the cap will not help him at all on the field.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I’m not a fan of Wentz, just saying he is much better in the red zone than Dak, who even has Zeke as a threat. People make excuses about Dallas starting field position as an excuse for lack of scoring, but being bottom of the league in red zone TD scoring is evidence that the excuse is vastly over-rated.

If anything, Dak gets the advantage of seeing man outside and single safety all day long with speedy receivers with great pass protection and Zeke, which allows for deep plays. The red-zone doesn’t afford him that situation so his numbers are pretty much mediocre.
Well not defending dak so much, but to be honest, dallas was bad in the redzone, for most of the time JG was here, even as OC.

This year will tell the true story on dak, because JG and all the coaches are gone , except kellen, so lets see how they do this year.
I think many things will be different, we are so used to seeing a JG led team, that it is going to be vastly different what we see this
season.

khiladi

Reaction score
Well not defending dak so much, but to be honest, dallas was bad in the redzone, for most of the time JG was here, even as OC.

This year will tell the true story on dak, because JG and all the coaches are gone , except kellen, so lets see how they do this year.
I think many things will be different, we are so used to seeing a JG led team, that it is going to be vastly different what we see this
season.

the fundamental difference is we didn’t have a running game when JG was OC nor an all-pro line. But I get your point.