Dak vs. Wentz

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I would argue that you can be surrounded by talent and still not be clutch. I would not take Wentz because I couldn't trust him in the last 2 minutes of a game.

I wouldn’t argue. If healthy, the ball has been in play. Still need somebody to actually catch it though. QB’s can’t catch their own passes, ask Tony Romo...

windjc

Reaction score
I wouldn’t argue. If healthy, the ball has been in play. Still need somebody to actually catch it though. QB’s can’t catch their own passes, ask Tony Romo...
Making a last minute drive isnt just about catching a ball. Romo was VERY clutch.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
No question I think Dak is a better complete QB but in Wentz defense so far this year, he doesn't have a full deck. Read a tweet yesterday that his three WRs for the game had a total 5 starts and it showed. No real RB and the OL is playing average.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
This thread...........
iu

ghst187

Reaction score
He has struggled in clutch situations since last year. Right now I think thats his real killer in terms of being considered a top QB. Last season the stats were par with his MVP caliber season, but he couldnt win

Agree good post. He throws the ball really well, sharp, usually pretty accurate.
What he doesn’t do is play the game well as far as situation etc.
also, honestly his WRs drop balls a lot.
For example, yesterday he could’ve managed the fourth much better. He kept firing for the home run and should’ve taken some smarter shots or even ran a few times.
And this is becoming the recurring thing, he looks great as a QB, just falls apart in the clutch.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Cowboy Fans

Wentz, high first round pick, receives benefit of the doubt time after time after time. Excuses Excuses Excuses Excuses. HOF Qb if he plays in Dallas.

Dak, 4th round pick, "OMG!!!!????, his touchdown pass was slightly behind the receiver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" "We will only accept 100% perfect passes from Dak!!!!!!!!" "He is terrible!!!!!!!"

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
No question I think Dak is a better complete QB but in Wentz defense so far this year, he doesn't have a full deck. Read a tweet yesterday that his three WRs for the game had a total 5 starts and it showed. No real RB and the OL is playing average.

Eagles were supposed to have the best O-Line though. But, some say this is on Wince for holding the ball too long.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I’ll take it a step further.

Imagine if Dak was the #2 overall pick and Wentz was the 4th rounder. Everything else since 2016 stays the same.

Would anyone even DARE argue that Wentz is the better QB?

The fact that this is even a debate considering that Wentz was a 1st rounder and Dak a 4th rounder, shows you how Dak had exceeded what was expected of him as a 4th round QB. While in some ways Wentz has disappointed what is expected of a 1st round QB.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I visited the iggles board yesterday to read about their frustration. Someone stated that wince has NEVER won a game trailing in the 4th qtr for his career? :omg:

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
:laugh: Still at it.
Who knew that simply mentioning that the Eagles were traveling to Miami this year would cause such an uproar from brainless Dak slobberers? With Operation Tank Commander completely underway at that point for Team Fish, I’m sure Dak slobberers will be equally as enthused about any stats piled up that day.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The longer Dak and Wentz’ careers “season and marinate” the more Dak looks like a better player than Wentz.

It looks like the Eagles may have kept the wrongful QB as well.
I don't think the other guy was for real either, Nick Foles the only time he was any good was that one season

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Who knew that simply mentioning that the Eagles were traveling to Miami this year would cause such an uproar from brainless Dak slobberers? With Operation Tank Commander completely underway at that point for Team Fish, I’m sure Dak slobberers will be equally as enthused about any stats piled up that day.

Dude... relax... our QB is playing at an ELITE level. Same disgruntled angry old fart shtick for YEARS. Lame

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

What does Dak slobbering mean?
Could you clarify?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Wentz threw a perfect ball to win the game, and the receiver just dropped it.

There were 7 of the ugliest drops you'll ever see in that game. At important moments, too.
Happens to all QBs. Cooper just dropped one right in his hands.