Dak vs. Wentz

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
You should work on TV since they like these excuses for the Eagles also. I wish Cowboys would get those excuses when they lose.

this is my thing.
the Dak detractors didn't want to give him excuses when his WRs were Allen Hurns, Terrance Williams, rookie Gallup, and Cole Beasley with no worthwhile pass-catching TE on the roster.
Now Wentz has to deal with hurt WRs, leaving him STILL a better group of guys than Dak had before Cooper came, and suddenly that's why he isn't getting it done.

ok.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Wentz's inability to really involve anyone who isn't Zack Ertz is the biggest problem with their offense.

nice little safety valve he's had there his entire career. having a TE like that makes a world of difference. it's like having a WR as good as Cooper.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
No question I think Dak is a better complete QB but in Wentz defense so far this year, he doesn't have a full deck. Read a tweet yesterday that his three WRs for the game had a total 5 starts and it showed. No real RB and the OL is playing average.

how is this not at least partially on Wentz?
he had a wide open check down.
he got jumpy in the pocket when he didn't need to.
had an hour to throw.
took the sack instead of the checkdown.
that's on him...

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Wentz strikes me as a bit scatter-brained. i think his overall decision-making has always been below-average.
even his "MVP" year...some of his numbers were not only not-great, but they were below average.
Notably:
- 60.2% completions. in today's NFL that's bad. i'll say, tho, if you're really pushing the ball downfield, it can be OK. but...
- 7.5 YPA. this number was squarely average. if he were up above 8 with that completion %, i can excuse that % a little more. 7.5? he was throwing short a lot and still missed plenty. i've maintained he is not an accurate QB. sails passes frequently.
- 14th in YPG. i heard that year that this was "because his team had the games locked up by the first half and he was barely playing 4th quarters!" which was false.

his only elite statistic was TD/INT ratio. that's it. every single other stat says he wasn't a top QB that year. literally every single one.

nobody

Reaction score
Get rid of the ball clown. It's 2030 and you're still holding it.

Oh lookie loo. It's a Dak Wince thread. Now I can post this weakness in Fan Zone. :rolleyes:

oh wow. LOL they totally did let it happen. That's too funny! What did he do that pissed them off so much?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Wentz only has 4 game winning drives to Daks 14.
Dak has 8 4th quarter comebacks to Wentz 4.

Dak has a 4th passer rating of 99 while Wentz is 83.

When the game on the line Prescott wills the team to victory. Wentz fails much more than he succeeds in this situation.

missing the point much...? you pout wentz behind this line and with this running game and our Wrs , hes as good or better then Dak.. I wouldn't trade them like I said its coin toss whos better as we are in a much different situation at this point.. it does NOT matter stop the comps..it wont change thing..

the only way to compare players are put them in the exact situations and see how they react, ive seen bad dak with a hurting line, no wrs, and bad coaching.. no zeke etc it didnt look good he looked like Mitch Tirbisky etc seriously Wentz is good as is Goff when the situations are good they've all been through it and all 3 are NOT Elite.. ive seen Elite QBs still be great in the same stations..doing more with less

these 3 Qbs are not that and all very close in talent level nd all need help around them.. I lie Dak wouldn't trade them but dont let the hate for the eagles and rams etc to cloud judgments..I see all 3 of them as coin toss to whos better..its that close..

lets move on idc about the eagles or Wentz..we have 2 games against them and a rams game coming up.. we can chat after.should be interesting..

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Wince sucks.
Dak Rocks.

I said the same thing 3 years ago.

Talk to me crickets.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Never once saw the haters use that an excuse for Dak who started the 2018 season with Hurns, Thompson, a rookie and TWill has his wideouts and three tight ends with something like eight catches between them. Oh yeah, his center was out for the season to boot.

I don't think some fans (me included) realized exactly how bad the receiver corps was, so it was difficult to assess Dak's play, but conclusions were drawn anyway. Also, a lot of fans noted Looney for how well he was playing, but it took a while to really understand that having Frederick out there directing the blocking was missing just as much or more than his physical presence. Plus, the worst problem with the line was having an undersized, converted tackle starting at left guard.

I think the problem with Wentz missing his top two receivers is easier to recognize because he clearly played better when he had them, so there's a drop-off that has to be accounted for.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
61.8 is not "barely over 60 percent."

he's played the Commanders and Lions.
barely won the first, lost vs. the Lions.

If 61.8 percent is not barely over 60 percent, then winning by five points is not barely winning.

A 61.8 percent completion rate for today's quarterbacks is poor. Thirty-five quarterbacks finished last year at 63 percent or better. Thankfully, Dak got much better after Cooper's arrival and finished at 67.7, which was only good enough for 14th in the league (11th if you take out the backups who only threw a few passes).

superonyx

Reaction score
missing the point much...? you pout wentz behind this line and with this running game and our Wrs , hes as good or better then Dak.. I wouldn't trade them like I said its coin toss whos better as we are in a much different situation at this point.. it does NOT matter stop the comps..it wont change thing..

the only way to compare players are put them in the exact situations and see how they react, ive seen bad dak with a hurting line, no wrs, and bad coaching.. no zeke etc it didnt look good he looked like Mitch Tirbisky etc seriously Wentz is good as is Goff when the situations are good they've all been through it and all 3 are NOT Elite.. ive seen Elite QBs still be great in the same stations..doing more with less

these 3 Qbs are not that and all very close in talent level nd all need help around them.. I lie Dak wouldn't trade them but dont let the hate for the eagles and rams etc to cloud judgments..I see all 3 of them as coin toss to whos better..its that close..

lets move on idc about the eagles or Wentz..we have 2 games against them and a rams game coming up.. we can chat after.should be interesting..
I only posted facts. Don’t get *****y with me because you don’t like them.

As to your point....I’ve read articles that say the Eagles have a better O Line than us. Even if not accurate they are at least close enough that your O Line point is null and void.

WRs. There are threads and articles written saying the Eagles have better WRs also. They have much better TEs at this point also.

Whenever Dak is superior you types point to his supporting cast. You ignore Wentz supporting cast when convenient don’t you?
so when Wentz is better it’s because he is better. When Dak is it’s because our team is better.

Gotcha

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Wentz is clearly better.

He's also a much better person.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQSBoufRDKQMVxDbbyCCjKWAEtVjA5gY-539jkC4u6pX1A_qb9E

2Q==

Doomsday101

Reaction score
There was a report earlier this year that there were question in the Eagles locker room about Wentz leadership. I saw the same things last season as Eagles struggled then Wentz goes down and Foles steps in and the eagles went on a big run to make it to post season. Talent wise I think Wentz is a better QB than Foles but I do question the leadership of Wentz. Guys just do not seem to play inspired ball as they did under Foles

Doomsday101

Reaction score
“Indeed, sources describe Wentz as ‘incredibly hard working,’ ‘determined,’ and ‘highly intelligent.’ But the true Wentz is more nuanced and complicated, with sources describing him as ‘selfish,’ ‘uncompromising, ‘egotistical,’ one who plays ‘favorites,’ and doesn’t like to be ‘questioned,’ one who needs to ‘practice what he preaches’ and fails ‘to take accountability.’

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/01/21/author-defends-his-report-calling-carson-wentz-selfish/