Dak vs Winston

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak was very consistent for 5 1/2 seasons which is why he got the huge contract extension. He was never inconsistent until the second half of last season after he came back from the calf injury. He was playing some of the best football of his career prior to that at an MVP level both last season and in 2020. He never had a bad playoff game until the 49er game. Some of you are acting like what we saw the second half of last season is what he’s been his entire career and you’re dead wrong! There’s no way he would’ve gotten the contract he did if he was playing inconsistent or poorly. There’s been many games over his career where he’s put the team on his back.

Arguably the greatest comeback in the history of the franchise was against Atlanta in 2020. He brought us back from 20 points down and made some terrific plays. You hate Dak so much you’re claiming he was worse than Kyler Murray in the playoffs? Lol Kyler Murray’s performance against the Rams was beyond dreadful! None of the experts who get paid to football think Dak is a bad QB or is the problem with the Cowboys. It’s only the clueless, casual fans that make that claim.
facts and common sense aren't allowed here..lol :hammer:

dckid

Reaction score
he had the same latent year before brady took the same team to a SB and JW was the key reason they weren't succeeding that Ludacris. hes not even in the same zip code as dak..but keep trolling..that just an ignorant statement. Inaccurate false etc etc
Sorry I don't mean to troll. My key take away is the difference between
JW & Dak is not worth 30 million dollars. Forget everything else I have said.
I would make the same statement for Cousins, Wentz, Flacco, Goff, fill in the blank average QB like DAK. I frankly dont care what a person makes, its the stupidity of Jerry.

dckid

Reaction score
Valid argument .Winston at 14 million is a bargain and I would argue he is not that far from Dak level . Matt Ryan is way better than Dak hands down . At least he took his team to the super bowl and has much better decision making as a QB . Heck , baker is available at 18 mil and should definitely be looked at . Last time baker played here against the cowboys , he played much better than dak .
I would disagree a bit here.
Baker is a non starter. He sucks
Matt Ryan now is very close to washed. JW, Minshew are bargains I would have take a chance one.
Minshew @ 5million is better than Dak. He just is, If you can get competence for that price a team should take it.
Cowboys are not winning a SB, build up the rest of the team as Jerry makes monetary excuses.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The fan I’m arguing with has absolutely no common sense.
i truly dont understand why they are even trying an ignorant debate on how that idiotic list the op left might be better than dak this season..lol daks had stellar career for 4th rounder like Romo did as a UNDFA and somehow this fan base thinks having a top 10 qb is bad thing they want cheap one or an elite one but cant appreciate what we have while 25 other teams are reaching in the draft trade draft picks to move up and get them and in FA overpays/overcompensates Qbs to get even close to qb on Daks level; and all we had to do was give up 4th and same cash now..so ignorant.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sorry I don't mean to troll. My key take away is the difference between
JW & Dak is not worth 30 million dollars. Forget everything else I have said.
I would make the same statement for Cousins, Wentz, Flacco, Goff, fill in the blank average QB like DAK. I frankly dont care what a person makes, its the stupidity of Jerry.
sorry it is actually a guy like JW will get you a 500 record where dak gets you 10+ wins when he plays all season.. its not about money its about production JW was jettisoned by hos original team and then backup and then injured i mean hes done squat day 1 dak as rookie did far more then JW has his entire career. its not close.

the worst part of these debates is DAKS under contract JW is just now available AFTER dak was signed all these names and moves would not be the same had dak signed elsewhere NONE..so idtiotic. its trolling at its best when names of jags are beig put up against dak and Daks already here its total hypothetical nonsense for no reason.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
sorry it is actually a guy like JW will get you a 500 record where dak gets you 10+ wins when he plays all season.. its not about money its about production JW was jettisoned by hos original team and then backup and then injured i mean hes done squat day 1 dak as rookie did far more then JW has his entire career. its not close.

the worst part of these debates is DAKS under contract JW is just now available AFTER dak was signed all these names and moves would not be the same had dak signed elsewhere NONE..so idtiotic. its trolling at its best when names of jags are beig put up against dak and Daks already here its total hypothetical nonsense for no reason.

There’s morons on this board spinning that Jameis Winston, Baker Mayfield, Mitch Trubisky, Carson Wentz and Marcus Mariota are all better than Dak. There’s one knucklehead claiming Baker Mayfield would flourish with the Cowboys when he had some good teams in Cleveland. The Browns crushed the Cowboys in 2020 with their two headed monster at RB. That team had Jarvis Landry and OBJ and Mayfield was still putting up weak numbers. No one even wants to trade for him. Some of these idiots would be happy with any QB but Dak. I’ve even seen Drew Locke’s name mentioned on this board as being a better option than Dak. The insanity never ends here.

blueblood70

Reaction score
There’s morons on this board spinning that Jameis Winston, Baker Mayfield, Mitch Trubisky, Carson Wentz and Marcus Mariota are all better than Dak. There’s one knucklehead claiming Baker Mayfield would flourish with the Cowboys when he had some good teams in Cleveland. The Browns crushed the Cowboys in 2020 with their two headed monster at RB. That team had Jarvis Landry and OBJ and Mayfield was still putting up weak numbers. No one even wants to trade for him. Some of these idiots would be happy with any QB but Dak. I’ve even seen Drew Locke’s name mentioned on this board as being a better option than Dak. The insanity never ends here.
i know, im with ya..

dckid

Reaction score

Hey man I agree that Dak is signed, btw I posted the same thing and there is a link to my thread before we paid Dak.
I felt the same way about Dak before he got the big contract. The most idiotic thing to do in football is to pay an average or good QB franchise Money. Full Stop.
Every single instance of that happening does not pay off, this time will not be different with Dak.
It is nothing against Dak, the deal has been done over a year. Jerry doesnt care about paying Dak, Zeke, Martin, Tank, he just wants to putter along and be average. No SB no 3-14

erod

Reaction score
Dak was very consistent for 5 1/2 seasons which is why he got the huge contract extension. He was never inconsistent until the second half of last season after he came back from the calf injury. He was playing some of the best football of his career prior to that at an MVP level both last season and in 2020. He never had a bad playoff game until the 49er game. Some of you are acting like what we saw the second half of last season is what he’s been his entire career and you’re dead wrong! There’s no way he would’ve gotten the contract he did if he was playing inconsistent or poorly. There’s been many games over his career where he’s put the team on his back.

Arguably the greatest comeback in the history of the franchise was against Atlanta in 2020. He brought us back from 20 points down and made some terrific plays. You hate Dak so much you’re claiming he was worse than Kyler Murray in the playoffs? Lol Kyler Murray’s performance against the Rams was beyond dreadful! None of the experts who get paid to football think Dak is a bad QB or is the problem with the Cowboys. It’s only the clueless, casual fans that make that claim.
Dak is consistently below average against good defenses. It's plain as day. He's just a guy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak is consistently below average against good defenses. It's plain as day. He's just a guy.

He put up over 400 yards against Tampa’s defense in the opener. He’s had plenty of good games against good defenses over his career. You don’t pay just a guy $40 million per season. QBs that are just a guy are bouncing around the league. His career numbers and winning percentage don’t point to him being just a guy. Get real!

erod

Reaction score
He put up over 400 yards against Tampa’s defense in the opener. He’s had plenty of good games against good defenses over his career. You don’t pay just a guy $40 million per season. QBs that are just a guy are bouncing around the league. Get real!
Number mean less than nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

What do they do when it matters? That's the only thing to consider. Do they play at their best in tough games in tough environments when it's truly important.

The NFL doesn't have a preseason anymore. September is preseason. Numbers come easily then because teams aren't even themselves yet.

November is when real football starts. And December and January show what you truly are as a player.

Dak is as pedestrian as they come when it really matters.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hey man I agree that Dak is signed, btw I posted the same thing and there is a link to my thread before we paid Dak.
I felt the same way about Dak before he got the big contract. The most idiotic thing to do in football is to pay an average or good QB franchise Money. Full Stop.
Every single instance of that happening does not pay off, this time will not be different with Dak.
It is nothing against Dak, the deal has been done over a year. Jerry doesnt care about paying Dak, Zeke, Martin, Tank, he just wants to putter along and be average. No SB no 3-14
doesn't matter the hypotheticals are trolling there's no point to it daks paid been paid for 2 years and these new available players weren't available at the time NONE OF THEM dak now has NT clause, a no FT clause hes not going anywhere so these type od debates are moronic and waste of time..and its not true daks top 10 those guys money doesn't matter, Daks better Period..

stinkface

Reaction score
Dak is head and shoulders of those other 3 right now. Two are head cases and losers and the other is well past his prime. In his prime Ryan was the best of all three.

basel90

Reaction score

What do they do when it matters? That's the only thing to consider. Do they play at their best in tough games in tough environments when it's truly important.

The NFL doesn't have a preseason anymore. September is preseason. Numbers come easily then because teams aren't even themselves yet.

November is when real football starts. And December and January show what you truly are as a player.

Dak is as pedestrian as they come when it really matters.
Nailed it . Dak is worthless against good teams and even average teams . He had many opportunities to win some games , but failed at every turn . But Dak slobberers on this board won’t admit it .
Dak is not better than Ryan , baker and others , who could cost half what Dak is getting paid . Right now there are so many opportunities to upgrade this team , but the cap has been choked by Dak and zeke contracts .

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

SO where has those 10 wins gotten us? Same place as Winstons 8? For an extra 30 mil?

And for the record...I am not saying "Dak sucks". Just trying to piece together some logic here.

Hadenough

Reaction score

Are you f in kidding! Atlanta was such a joke he never should of fallen behind. That calf injury didn't bother him against the Giants, Eagles or WFT but then it bothers him against Denver, Cardinals, Raiders, 49ers.
And don't say he did fine in that Raiders game. He did fine for about a quarter and a half. He started the game lousy. What happened in the Denver game? The Cardinal game. And for you information Winston was looking pretty solid with the Saints before he got hurt. He throttled the Packers, Patriots, Seattle and Tampa. A team Dak failed to beat. How about Daks consistent ability to continually go 3 and out when the defense was leaking like a sieve against the Rams in the playoffs. Or his 10 points with a full squad against a Eagles team where Wentz had wrs off the street. Dak is anything but consistent and when it matters. He is a great free stroking front runner against terrible teams like Atlanta and Washington but he folds when the better teams come to town.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I’m not anti Dak. I’ve actually been more supportive of him than many. So let’s get that out there first.

I’m not a Jameis Winston fan, but I see that he just signed for two years $28m. ($14 per year)

We are paying Dak roughly three times what Winston makes. If both were equally paid, I would choose Dak over Winston; however, it would not be surprised at all if Winston outperforms Dak over the next two years at about 1/3 of the cost.

You can’t win in this league without a franchise QB, and you would think that there are not many acceptable substitutes for Dak. But Matt Ryan was traded for a third round pick. Wentz is probably also in the “Dak ballpark”

Dak
Wentz
Ryan
Winston

All are “retreads” other than Dak. Would anyone be surprised if any of all of these guys outperformed Dak next year.

This is just food for thought on a rainy day in Oklahoma.
Well, send some of that rain my way.........Ha-Ha. Personally I think you're WHOLE list is mediocre talent at best. Not one of you're QBs is going to the SB anytime soon. We're stuck with probably the most mediocre of them all, the TEN TOE MEDIOCRE SLOTH formally known as Dak Prescot. He's just not a top rated QB everyone has been hoping for. The dude can't read a defense anymore, the second half of last season was a s@#$t show and he was the star of it. He had major issues locating ANYBODY who was wide open and when he did, the ball was either under-thrown or over-thrown which created problems getting separation after the catch. Here's hoping the Jones sell this club and a great GM comes in and dumps the SLOTH for pocket change and builds a real America's Team...................................

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The Rams gave up a lot to get Matt Stafford because of numbers and Cleveland just gave up the farm for Deshaun Watson because of numbers. Baker Mayfield is out of a starting job because he doesn’t put up numbers. Not only does Dak put up numbers but he has a better winning percentage than Stafford and Watson.