Dak vs Zone

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Here it is yall. The Dak vs other QBs that beat zone thread.

Can anyone with tech skills, All-22 and a decent understanding of x and o's show how Dak is lacking vs other QB's around the league vs zone when using play calls that dont use motion and dont use cross routes.

Motion and cross routes have repeatedly been screamed for to beat zone on here.

Can anyone provide visual evidence through youtube or All-22 that shows other QBs repeatedly beating zone defenses that Dak is failing at? Can you provide enough visual evidence that suggests Dak had enough time vs these other QB's whom didnt have motion or cross routes to beat zone. Can you provide evidence that some other QB, without motion and zone, is making the right read, audible, throw, play to beat zone on a regular basis?

Which QB's and what are they doing that beats zone so efficiently? Play call design is not on Dak because he is not designing the routes. Show me QB's that dont use motion or cross routes routinely that are beating zone with their good reads and feel for game plus good throw.

Is it time in pocket? Is it ability to scan field? Is it ability to go through progressions? Just flat out play making with arm? What is it? Can anyone provide video evidence of Dak failing consistently vs other QBs in similar play call position?

Is there anything? Bueller? Bueller?

State your case.

Dak threw an INT shortly after Giants went into zone Sunday. That supports Anti-Dak crowd. Im suggesting to show me more.

I am of the belief, and I dont watch film, Dak relies on TE too much which could be on Dak. Dak looks for TE to beat zone and teams sit on top of it or bait him into it. A lot of his INT seem to be to the TE in zone. Its on Dak for sure...but is it play calling uncreativity or Dak? Dak ultimately throws the ball...but is it play calling or something else. What is it like compared to the rest of the league in similar play calling situation as Dak? Whats it like for other QBs that have to throw into zone that dont rely on motion or cross routes and dump to TE? How are they better?

Ken

Reaction score

Can anyone with tech skills, All-22 and a decent understanding of x and o's show how Dak is lacking vs other QB's around the league vs zone when using play calls that dont use motion and dont use cross routes.

Can anyone provide visual evidence through youtube or All-22 that shows other QBs repeatedly beating zone defenses that Dak is failing at? Can you provide enough visual evidence that suggests Dak had enough time vs these other QB's whom didnt have motion or cross routes to beat zone. Can you provide evidence that some other QB, without motion and zone, is making the right read, audible, throw, play to beat zone on a regular basis?

Which QB's and what are they doing that beats zone so efficiently? Play call design is not on Dak because he is not designing the routes. Show me QB's that dont use motion or cross routes routinely that are beating zone with their good reads and feel for game plus good throw.

Is it time in pocket? Is it ability to scan field? Is it ability to go through progressions? Just flat out play making with arm? What is it? Can anyone provide video evidence of Dak failing consistently vs other QBs in similar play call position?

State your case.

Dak threw an INT shortly after Giants went into zone Sunday. That supports Anti-Dak crowd. Im suggesting to show me more.

I am of the belief, and I dont watch film, Dak relies on TE too much which could be on Dak. Dak looks for TE to beat zone and teams sit on top of it or bait him into it. A lot of his INT seem to be to the TE in zone. Its on Dak for sure...but is it play calling uncreativity or Dak? Dak ultimately throws the ball...but is it play calling or something else. What is it like compared to the rest of the league in similar play calling situation as Dak? Whats it like for other QBs that have to throw into zone that dont rely on motion or cross routes and dump to TE? How are they better?
First...your whole premise is wrong that he struggles against zone.

Go back and watch hi m scorch the Eagles last year and put up the highest everything vs zone in that game.

He "struggled" last week bc they threw something hard to diagnose at him...a player lining up and showing man and switching off to zone mid play.

Last edited:

FanofJerry

Reaction score
First...your whole premise is wrong that he struggles against zone.

Go back and watch hi m scorch the Eagles last year and put up the highest everything vs zone in that game.

He "struggled" last week bc they threw something hard to diagnose at him...a player lining up and showing man and switching off to zone mid play.
Seems like in a million dollar a year job business these types of "switching off's" would be common. Lots of posters claiming he takes too long to read it. I suggest, and Im illiterate at x and o's is that Dak relies on TE's too much and defenses bait him into it with "switching zones". Surely other QBs are facing same issues. Show me where these other "better than Dak" QBs are beating it and how.

Ken

Reaction score
Seems like in a million dollar a year job business these types of "switching off's" would be common. Lots of posters claiming he takes too long to read it. I suggest, and Im illiterate at x and o's is that Dak relies on TE's too much and defenses bait him into it with "switching zones". Surely other QBs are facing same issues. Show me where these other "better than Dak" QBs are beating it and how.
He struggles against SF's zone. That is true.

For example, since that game:

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Show me Qbs beating that zone and what they are doing so well?

Is it thier OLine? Is that on Dak? Is it their reading and playmaking and arm? Show me that.

Kwyn

Reaction score

State your case.

This type of film and stat analysis is useless.

It supports the folks who want to prop Dak up but it doesn’t move the folks who want to see playoff success even an inch.

The Dak debate won’t reach a meaningful until the post season.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
This type of film and stat analysis is useless.

It supports the folks who want to prop Dak up but it doesn’t move the folks who want to see playoff success even an inch.

The Dak debate won’t reach a meaningful until the post season.
Seems like side stepping to me

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Did I confuse the Matrix?

All these comments and threads that go endlessly...and I pinpointed the problem and no one wants to comment. All these posts...and silence.

Hmm.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

State your case.

Dak plays well during the season
Just need to see it post season

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Show me what beat zone against SF last year in the playoffs?

What did the QBs do good? Or was it play design?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

State your case.

Dak destroys zone defenses. That’s been the opposing defenses play to counter him by playing man. They were successful early in his career but now he destroys man defenses as well.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Dak destroys zone defenses. That’s been the opposing defenses play to counter him by playing man. They were successful early in his career but now he destroys man defenses as well.
Provide proof. All Im asking if for visual proof.

Khalid and a number of his supporters have claimed Dak reads Zone bad. Show me proof Dak is bad vs every other QB in the league against zone.

Its not that difficult. Lets get to the bottom of this.

Dak may well be unreliable in a Playoff setting...but thats on coaches relying on Dak, imo.

Lets get to the bottom of it.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Provide proof. All Im asking if for visual proof.

Khalid and a number of his supporters have claimed Dak reads Zone bad. Show me proof Dak is bad vs every other QB in the league against zone.

Its not that difficult. Lets get to the bottom of this.

Dak may well be unreliable in a Playoff setting...but thats on coaches relying on Dak, imo.

Lets get to the bottom of it.
You started the thread....you should provide the evidence....

DeaconMoss

Reaction score

State your case.

It's not that hard to figure out. Dak isn't good when the money is on the table. End of story.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
People searching for this zone vs man Holy Grail are looking in the wrong place. Dak kills all defenses when he's on and struggles against all defenses when he's not. And he struggles more when the line can't protect him and his receivers can't get open. That has nothing do with Zone or Man. That's a defense playing well or a defense playing poorly. If you pay well against Dak and this offense you have a chance. If you don't it won't matter if you play man, zone, cover 2, 3, 4, or 15... he will light you up. And every once in a while you can get to him, bang him around, have him running for his life and he will still light you up. When he's in the zone and his receivers are seeing what he sees and running the routes accordingly it doesn't much matter what the defense does. Any analyst worth his salt will tell you there is no defense for a perfectly thrown pass.

Zman5

Reaction score
Show me what beat zone against SF last year in the playoffs?

What did the QBs do good? Or was it play design?
EaGirs bashed 49ners QBs and then ran more than pass on them. That's what beat the 49ers in the playoffs last year. Hurts sucked passing in that game but the Eagirls were able to run on them.

That's how you beat the 49ers. Stop them from scoring by getting all of their QBs out of the game and having an effective run game against them.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Destroy? That's funny. SF AZ and Philly didn't look destroyed to me. Has nothing to do with the defense. He is not good when there is pressure and stakes are big. Period

FanofJerry

Reaction score
What is the game plan if you cant depend on your OLine giving Dak time?

If your Run Game is not working?

Define what it takes for Dak to not be blamed?

I suspect the board doesnt like the question.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
What is the game plan if you cant depend on your OLine giving Dak time?

If your Run Game is not working?

Define what it takes for Dak to not be blamed?

I suspect the board doesnt like the question.
The Dak enthusiasts will blame OL, run game, multiple coaches, and the defense. Truth is, all are above average NFL standards, and have been for some time. He is just not the guy. Should have moved on several hundred million ago.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
The Dak enthusiasts will blame OL, run game, multiple coaches, and the defense. Truth is, all are above average NFL standards, and have been for some time. He is just not the guy. Should have moved on several hundred million ago.
Based on what better outcome?

Hope in a rookie?

Have you seen the turmoil in New York after their starter and second string guy went down?

Are you sure moving on without a miracle is better? Philly and the other team directed at being successful are anomalies, imo. You have to get lucky cutting a good bus driver...its not guaranteed. Provide me with long history of it working.

I think the guys you are referring to have good play callers that arent putting it on the QB. I could be wrong.