Dak vs Zone

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Provide proof. All Im asking if for visual proof.

Khalid and a number of his supporters have claimed Dak reads Zone bad. Show me proof Dak is bad vs every other QB in the league against zone.

Its not that difficult. Lets get to the bottom of this.

Dak may well be unreliable in a Playoff setting...but thats on coaches relying on Dak, imo.

Lets get to the bottom of it.
Stick the proof. Just watch the damn games without you rose tinted “I hate Dak” glasses. Jeez.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Did you have the same issue when Romo was throwing Witten 100 catches a year? Even with monsters like T.O., Miles and Dez at wideout? If I'm not mistaken of all three of the INTs against the 49ers were to wide receivers. Two to Cooks one to Gallup. They also all occurred in the 4th quarter when the game was all but decided and we were in desperation mode. The one he threw against the Rams was tipped at the line or it would have been a completion to McKeon. The one against the Cardinals was also to Cooks. This one last game was really the only one he was "baited" into anything. And mind you, his INT percentage this season is at 2.0% which is pretty much what it has been for his entire career. And it also happens to be one of the best percentages in the history of the league. Again I have to ask where is all this failure people are spouting off about?
Im simply saying that by short memory and eye test...Dak seems to have thrown a majority of INTs at short TE attempts. Or his dumbest INTs have been to TE's within like 10 yards that were a dumb throw. I could be wrong. Seems like there have been a few of those.

Im a Dak Supporter not a hater.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Im simply saying that by short memory and eye test...Dak seems to have thrown a majority of INTs at short TE attempts. Or his dumbest INTs have been to TE's within like 10 yards that were a dumb throw. I could be wrong. Seems like there have been a few of those.

Im a Dak Supporter not a hater.
Do you believe Dak will win a ring this year with Dallas?

Nobody who is a realist will answer that emphatically and quickly yes. And that's the problem. Not about hate or love. It's just simple math. It has been proven numerous times he is not the answer. Can't even get to a NFC title game.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I have seem to put the Dak critics to sleep. They dont want to use visual evidence of his misgivings...just talk about them. Almost as if the World is about manipulation.

Show me Dak throwing multiple bad balls into coverage other QBs are throwing multiple good balls into against similar coverage, similar time in pocket and not motion or cross routes.

I think I have the simulation in a quandary.

It cant do it. Talking muddles the waters. Visual evidence and a true or false prevents that.

System haters attack me. Call me names. Distract from convo. Or...go silent.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Do you believe Dak will win a ring this year with Dallas?

Nobody who is a realist will answer that emphatically and quickly yes. And that's the problem. Not about hate or love. It's just simple math. It has been proven numerous times he is not the answer. Can't even get to a NFC title game.
Dak is the team. All on him and nothing else.

Reasonable.

Swell existence, Deacon. You cant justify your own existence.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Dak is the team. All on him and nothing else.

Reasonable.

Swell existence, Deacon. You cant justify your own existence.
The only thing that can't be justified is why Dak is the QB1 of the Dallas Cowboys and paid a kings ransom for a net 0 in the playoffs.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Villains are confused. Which means...

drum roll...

trash existence.

lol

you cant justify yourself...youre task driven and have no feelings. you dont know what its like to touch a human, feel pleasure....you just hate for hate. Profit seeking...numbers driven.

BORING!

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Exude hate...great existence.

Or...exude number dominance?

Good entities choose exuding good in the world. being a lame robot that thinks numbers and exudes hate for profit is pathetic.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Progression through hate or torture science is for the unintelligent trash.

plasticman

Reaction score
In any case, at this particular time, Dak is IN the zone.

If he can sustain this level of play against the better teams coming up, then the Cowboys have the best chance at a Super Bowl since 1995.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
People searching for this zone vs man Holy Grail are looking in the wrong place. Dak kills all defenses when he's on and struggles against all defenses when he's not. And he struggles more when the line can't protect him and his receivers can't get open. That has nothing do with Zone or Man. That's a defense playing well or a defense playing poorly. If you pay well against Dak and this offense you have a chance. If you don't it won't matter if you play man, zone, cover 2, 3, 4, or 15... he will light you up. And every once in a while you can get to him, bang him around, have him running for his life and he will still light you up. When he's in the zone and his receivers are seeing what he sees and running the routes accordingly it doesn't much matter what the defense does. Any analyst worth his salt will tell you there is no defense for a perfectly thrown pass.
Spot on. It's more about confidence than anything else. It wasnt necessarily SF playing zone that beat us in the two play-off games is was that Dak couldnt rely on the gameplan (run setting up the pass - Game1 - penalties, Game2-TP going down),

Indeed, this could be just as much on coaching, as it is Dak, especially when this season we start incorporating a TCO (maybe in response to the 9ers Defense) and SF evolve and play press-man.

The question is whether Dak can make, or more accurately is confident enough to attempt, those tight window calls especially against the 9ers (and especially as their LB/Safety is elite and takes away the middle of the field.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He struggles against SF's zone. That is true.

For example, since that game:

He does not struggle against zone, every quarterback struggles against pressure. And that’s with San Francisco was good at.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
What is the game plan if you cant depend on your OLine giving Dak time?

If your Run Game is not working?

Define what it takes for Dak to not be blamed?

I suspect the board doesnt like the question.
My suggestion would be ON FIELD ADAPTION TO THE DEFENSE. We dont appear to have a Plan B, Example1 - SF this season we expected the soft zone and they came out with press/man.

A weak or suspect O-Line protection didnt matter vrs Eagles (Steele), you can plan against your weaknesses and even use it to your advantage (I remember how the Eagles negated Micah off the edge by RPOing him).

As to your point above, Dak using his legs (or at least showing he's willing) means the Defense has to counter.