Dak wants to be the highest paid player in the NFL

erod

Reaction score
It's what agents do. They ask for as much as they can and settle somewhere in between. Of course we know Prescott isn't worth that and they do to it's just a negotiating ploy.
I don't think so. They haven't countered with their own offer, and they continue to tell Jerry it's got to be the highest QB deal in the league.

Or so Ben and Skin's sources said.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think so. They haven't countered with their own offer, and they continue to tell Jerry it's got to be the highest QB deal in the league.

Or so Ben and Skin's sources said.
And unnamed sources are always right ,,,

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Anonymous sources say that Dak wants to be the highest paid, AND wants 50% of the teams stock .

Pay the man .

erod

Reaction score
And unnamed sources are always right ,,,

They are pretty tied in.

Last year, Ben Rogers got hammered for quoting his sources as saying Witten was wanting to come back last season. He got called out big time locally, especially from the local media.

Then, Witten admitted on the radio after he signed that, in fact, he was serious about returning last year but decided not to in the end. Rodgers sources are apparently better than most around here.

Doesn't hurt that he works for the Cowboys broadast station.

cern

Reaction score
dak is not obligated to do what his agents recommend. at some point he can lay out some parameters and tell his agents to get it done.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are pretty tied in.

Last year, Ben Rogers got hammered for quoting his sources as saying Witten was wanting to come back last season. He got called out big time locally, especially from the local media.

Then, Witten admitted on the radio after he signed that, in fact, he was serious about returning last year but decided not to in the end. Rodgers sources are apparently better than most around here.

Doesn't hurt that he works for the Cowboys broadast station.

My comment was mostly a joke, but while I don't completely dismiss the possibility they could be right on this, "unnamed sources" are also frequently wrong. I think all we can do is take it as an unknown for now, and see how things play out.

erod

Reaction score
My comment was mostly a joke, but while I don't completely dismiss the possibility they could be right on this, "unnamed sources" are also frequently wrong. I think all we can do is take it as an unknown for now, and see how things play out.
"Unnamed sources" are exactly what great journalism is supposed to be about.

Nowdays, however, many reporters use it as an excuse to throw throw things at the wall and hope they stick. Especially in the political arena.

Some reporters I trust. These guys have good sources historically (and I don't even like their show really because they are very annoying).

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Unnamed sources" are exactly what great journalism is supposed to be about.

Nowdays, however, many reporters use it as an excuse to throw throw things at the wall and hope they stick. Especially in the political arena.

Some reporters I trust. These guys have good sources historically (and I don't even like their show really because they are very annoying).

I would say great journalism is about facts and credible sources, and whether named or unnamed, knowing that a credible source that is named will carry more weight because his access to information can be verified by someone other than the reporter.

I concede there is a place for unnamed sources though, as long as the reporters are honest and reliable, and as you mentioned, that often isn't the case these days. But you clearly are more familiar with these guys than I am, so I'll give them a little more weight than I might otherwise. Still, I tend to not let myself get too concerned with things that cannot be verified or supported with facts, and my mind will remain open until the story can be verified.

Last edited:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Ben and Skin on The Fan, which carries the Cowboys games, said their sources say Dak's agency is demanding he be the highest-paid player in the NFL.

They are asking for more than $36 million per year.

No thanks. Let him play for $900K this year, and if proves himself, you just saved$35 million you can scatter over the next years when you pay him $40 million pretty year.

Or, if he falls flat, you saved your franchise's cap future.

i want a double cheese with extra cheese.

Anyone ?

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score

Yes, that was Stephen Jones referring to himself in the third person.

Stephen jone referring to stephen jones as third person ...
lmao . wow . :facepalm:

Best thing is that he knows 'when to hold'em, knows when to show'em'

Wait, did he just show all his cards before even negotiating ?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Ben and Skin on The Fan, which carries the Cowboys games, said their sources say Dak's agency is demanding he be the highest-paid player in the NFL.

They are asking for more than $36 million per year.

No thanks. Let him play for $900K this year, and if proves himself, you just saved$35 million you can scatter over the next years when you pay him $40 million pretty year.

Or, if he falls flat, you saved your franchise's cap future.

Dak check down asking for that? Yikes, see ya.

NotForLong

Reaction score
No, but Herschel’s rushing prowess didn’t do jack for the team’s W/L record, now did it?

Way to make my point for me.

QB importance >>>>>>>>>> RB importance
How about Jim Brown & Archie Manning

NotForLong

Reaction score
What’s your point? LOL nobody said Dak is a top 5 QB.

Russell Wilson was once considered “average” but he kept getting better. Dak can do the same.
Difference between Dak and Russell is Russell has an NFL QB skill set