Dak was great tonight

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nobody suggested it was only Dak. So the argument is moot, nor did I say a QB “always” has to. Again, you people are adding arguments not being made.

Dak is part of the problem with our slow starts. That is what I said and I mentioned the pattern.
I'm not adding anything. Just clearing up what the poster had said.....Well okay, I added my opinion about Dak not being solely responsible for the slow starts.

HungryLion

Reaction score
False argument. I never ignored them.

I do know the Vikings pretty much brought a man in the box all game long and Cooper and Gallup pretty much had one man to beat, including a young corner all night long.

And Dak basically failed at the end.

Its comical. Back when Dak was playing like trash for three quarters, it was all about his he ended the game. Now when “Clutch” ends the game like that, “oh but he did this and that”..

Again your argument is dumb. Yes they dared the passing game to beat them. The passing game put up great production. Meanwhile the defense sucked and the highest paid OL and RB couldn’t do jack squat in the running game.

Dak isn’t perfect but this game wasn’t on the QB. It’s simple as that.

Green Bay was. The saints game was a mix. The QB and the OL.

but tonight wasnt. And it was obvious.

khiladi

Reaction score
And people are acting like the looks Dak saw by the Vikings is unique. That’s how every team defends us.

khiladi

Reaction score
Again your argument is dumb. Yes they dared the passing game to beat them. The passing game put up great production. Meanwhile the defense sucked and the highest paid OL and RB couldn’t do jack squat in the running game.

Dak isn’t perfect but this game wasn’t on the QB. It’s simple as that.

Green Bay was. The saints game was a mix. The QB and the OL.

but tonight wasnt. And it was obvious.

What is my argument?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Ok, lets throw Dak away because of 4 games. Good idea, genius. I'm sure play calling by the new O Coordinator has had nothing to do with it, "Nope..nope...ALL DAK's fault... Wahhhhhhh! Let's get rid of him! Wahhhhh..." This is what you sound like.....for 4 games, that sample makes you not want to pay Dak? Glad you aren't running the team. Good reason you are on the forum just like the rest of us cause you don't know crap either. LOL

Yes, those 4 games, 3 of the games which are NFC games and against winning teams that will all be battling for a playoff push - who cares about that? Lol

Who cares that his poor play early in games is impacting the W/L column. What matters is the end of game raw stat line....

InTheZone

Reaction score
Dak played very well, but I'm not one that simply ignores these god awful starts and duds into the defenders hands. We had a chance to win and I ultimately blame Garrett and Marinelli for not making personnel or play calling changes throughout the game when there were certain struggles that were consistent all game.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
He was phenomenal. Zeke needs to start giving back his game cheques, terrible performance.
One of two players who depend on the the guys in front of them the most and you're blaming Zeke? Zimmer schemed to stop the run first. Kellen and Garrett were too stubborn. You find other ways to get Zeke the ball and also don't let the last play of the third quarter for Pollard to get any touches.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When people are trying to prop up Dak while tearing down Zeke and the defense than it’s an issue. There whole objective is to try and project Dak like he’s elite.

he’s not.

and the Rams gave Gurley who was rushing fit six yards a carry, but the Rams ran him 12 times that game and has Goff throw forty.
When did I tear Zeke or the defense down? I don't consider Dak elite, but he's getting pretty damned good. Before this season, I wouldn't have considered him a franchise QB, but he's stepped up his game to top 10 level, if not better. You can give all the reasons you want, but you simply shouldn't deny that he played very well tonight.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
We had a chance to win and lost. Dak checked down to Zeke against two safeties. So how can one say he didn’t lose us the game?
We blaming Zeke? Just say you don't like him. Did you see the game or did you just hear about it?

stiletto

Reaction score
Yes, those 4 games, 3 of the games which are NFC games and against winning teams that will all be battling for a playoff push - who cares about that? Lol

Who cares that his poor play early in games is impacting the W/L column. What matters is the end of game raw stat line....

LOL...no matter what you are just one of those people that will NEVER be happy... better go on and root for Brady. He's your only hope pal, probably should've made that switch years ago if you are crying over 4 games in 1 season....sad.

khiladi

Reaction score
We blaming Zeke? Just say you don't like him. Did you see the game or did you just hear about it?

Were you following the game thread? It was basically about how Zeke sucks. How does he suck if the Vikings are basically putting their CBs out on islands all day long and that too while getting no pressure on Dak on third down, with the pass blocking? Vikings rarely blitzed..

mattjames2010

Reaction score
When was Dak off during tonight's game?

...in the first quarter. He also missed a crucial read late in the 4th. Heck, he got incredibly lucky in the first quarter when he threw the ball directlu to the defender and the defender dropped it - it would have been 21-0 if he caught it

The game was only over an hour ago. Why are you pretending you forgot already?

acer941

Reaction score
I think anyone who’s honest ...we saw a real franchise QB moment tonight. We were dead by all rights...Zeke couldn’t run,and Dak put on a passing show down the stretch. That’s big league stuff. Horribly disappointing loss,but good to know we got a guy who can go toe to toe down in a hole.

Jumping the Gun on that one. A Franchise QB pulls out that win. Not saying Dak can’t be the guy, but a Franchise QB and 35+ Million QB Win’s that one.

The fact is, no matter which way you swing it. Dak had his chance to win that game on the last Drive and he couldn’t do it.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
You’re being dense on purpose. Okay Chief, lets ignore the first quarter.

Whose fault was it that Dak had enough time left on the clock to score a TD and take the lead? Who missed Cobb who was open?

That on the defense too? A potential 35 million dollar QB can’t score 7 points with a few minutes on the clock?

Let me remind the board that this guy wanted Dak's head in the off-season because he was caught kissing a women in a club---

Stop seriously responding to his BS.

Dak could literally be the best QB in the NFL and this "fan" would cry and complain about Dak not completing 100% of his passes.

I am about 95% sure why he dislikes Dak so much but I am not going to go there at the moment. But serious posters really need to ignore him now.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dak played plenty good enough to win
The oline pass protection was also good
And the player was truly great was Cooper.

khiladi

Reaction score
Jumping the Gun on that one. A Franchise QB pulls out that win. Not saying Dak can’t be the guy, but a Franchise QB and 35+ Million QB Win’s that one.

The fact is, no matter which way you swing it. Dak had his chance to win that game on the last Drive and he couldn’t do it.

Nobody is going to defend a franchise QB like this, even if he had Zeke. If they did, the elite QB would throw for 5 TDs by the fourth.