Twitter: Dak was just amazing against the Super Bowl Champs

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just a comment. Relax.
What makes you think I'm not relaxed?

There you go making assumptions again. Incorrect ones. What an unbecoming trait that is.

Maybe it's another difference between you and me...I want to civilly engage in a discussion, especially when I am quoted. If I don't understand I will ask for clarification instead of assumptions and insults.

It's confusing to me because when people critically assess Dak.....you reply that 'Dak can't play defense, try to stick to Dak's performance".

When I commented on how Dak looked his "first 16 games"....you commented on how bad the defense was.

It's a head scratcher to me. :huh: Oh well!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What makes you think I'm not relaxed?

There you go making assumptions again. Incorrect ones. What an unbecoming trait that is.

Maybe it's another difference between you and me...I want to civilly engage in a discussion, especially when I am quoted. If I don't understand I will ask for clarification instead of assumptions and insults.

It's confusing to me because when people critically assess Dak.....you reply that 'Dak can't play defense, try to stick to Dak's performance".

When I commented on how Dak looked his "first 16 games"....you commented on how bad the defense was.

It's a head scratcher to me. :huh: Oh well!
Chill dude , I was having a civil conversation. Why you got all butt hurt is baffling.

nobody

Reaction score
When you look at Dak's...or even just game highlights....watch #21. The guy was basically an offensive linebacker....taking on ANY body that was getting through. From defensive linemen, to backers and blitzing dbs. ....

For an alleged over-paid prima donna.....truly remarkable. I pretty sure he'd rather be toting the football but he did what needed done. Kept our super star safe. You'd think that'd be enough for us for this particular game.

I've been hard on Zeke...but he's deserved it.... however people criticizing him for game one this season are crazy. He did exactly what was supposed to do. He wasn't handed the rock so his job was to block and he excelled.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chill dude , I was having a civil conversation. Why you got all butt hurt is baffling.
Hey Rock, you and I went back and forth a few times....I'm glad we eventually understood each other. Salud, brother! I'd love to buy you a few beers one day.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, I've always believed in Dak, but I was stunned at how well he played in game one after all that time out. Was he perfect? No...but dang he played fantastic.
Me too. I have never doubted he was....at the very least...a GOOD QB we can win with,

I had reservations about coming back after the injury and time off.

I look forward to playing NOT super bowl champions for a few games. :cool:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey Rock, you and I went back and forth a few times....I'm glad we eventually understood each other. Salud, brother! I'd love to buy you a few beers one day.

So what do you recommend to some of the other forum members?

I have had differences with many people over many forums since the inception of them. I was almost ALWAYS...able to find peace and friendship...if nothing else a truce. I can't seem to do that here.

Even when I praised Dak he chewed my ***. I am not sure what to do...aside from outright ignore. I don't think he's interested in truce. Just trying to replace his previous conflict/engagement somewhat. I admit...my assertion could very well be at least part of the problem. But believe you me I have tried.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So what do you recommend to some of the other forum members?

I have had differences with many people over many forums since the inception of them. I was almost ALWAYS...able to find peace and friendship...if nothing else a truce. I can't seem to do that here.

Even when I praised Dak he chewed my ***. I am not sure what to do...aside from outright ignore. I don't think he's interested in truce. Just trying to replace his previous conflict/engagement somewhat. I admit...my assertion could very well be at least part of the problem. But believe you me I have tried.
I appreciate his passion and grit. I have the same thing. I may always agree with him, but I love that he's a fan and not a hater.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I appreciate his passion and grit. I have the same thing. I may always agree with him, but I love that he's a fan and not a hater.
Oh he is a hater alright. he judges people based on his imagination. He hates people that he IMAGINES...hates a certain player. I rarely see him come to the defense of Zeke or Jaylon. If he does it's a very vague vacuous thing instead of clear cut attack.

Why do we judge who is a fan...or who is a better fan. Or who is a the kind of fan we THINK people should be? And WHY...do we tolerate intentionally baiting people we KNOW disagree...then engaging them incessantly then complaining about them? When it was YOU that did it.

Pappy has passion and grit. he just disagrees that Dak is the answer. "hater" and "troll"...just because of disagreement. NOT because of passion and grit and "fandom".

You see what I mean? Why does rock get to decide that? And then carry on like he's some avenging angel?
We have rules here.....that are often loosely enforced of course. But intentionally insulting people then complaining about it...should be problematic.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh he is a hater alright. he judges people based on his imagination. He hates people that he IMAGINES...hates a certain player. I rarely see him come to the defense of Zeke or Jaylon. If he does it's a very vague vacuous thing instead of clear cut attack.

Why do we judge who is a fan...or who is a better fan. Or who is a the kind of fan we THINK people should be? And WHY...do we tolerate intentionally baiting people we KNOW disagree...then engaging them incessantly then complaining about them? When it was YOU that did it.

Pappy has passion and grit. he just disagrees that Dak is the answer. "hater" and "troll"...just because of disagreement. NOT because of passion and grit and "fandom".

You see what I mean? Why does rock get to decide that? And then carry on like he's some avenging angel?
We have rules here.....that are often loosely enforced of course. But intentionally insulting people then complaining about it...should be problematic.
I see your point......personally, I don't like dissing on players. Owners, GMs, coaches are free game.....just don't like dissing on players. Just my opinion

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I see your point......personally, I don't like dissing on players. Owners, GMs, coaches are free game.....just don't like dissing on players. Just my opinion

Right it is one thing to Critique bad plays there are some here that go way past that and generally it defies what really happened.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So there it is.

"dissing". What's the red line? Can we say someone had a bad game?

Who gets to decide what "dissing" is?

If I say "zeke fumbled too much at the start of 2020"....is THAT a "dis". Or fact?

Who decides...

And why not let people have their opinion?

I get you....as a fan....I feel COMPELLED to support and protect my Cowboys. But....even my family brother does dumb sheet that I tell him was dumb. And I WILL tell him so. I feel it's safe to that here too....when it's earned.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right it is one thing to Critique bad plays there are some here that go way past that and generally it defies what really happened.
"Some"? Like.....a couple?

I guess it depends on who the player is....zeke gets totally BLASTED,,,and it's okay. NOBODY says jack sheet.