Twitter: Dak: "We have the right guys. I promise 2018 will be a great year"

aikemirv

Reaction score
Our team is worse as of right now than last year. Which was worse than the year before. First time since Parcells was here I’m expecting a losing season.

I really don't see that. While we did let talent walk in Dez, we were not using the talent he had so I am not sure that it is going to make a huge difference. They is a ton of talk as to how much Dez was doubled and so forth. If he was, then Dak's season just got a lot tougher. If he was not doubled or had coverage rolled to him then I think we are at the same place we were last year as a WR core. We did not effectively use Dez and his head was not on straight the last half of the year..

Rayman70

Reaction score
While I don't have a ton of confidence in Dak on the filed, I do have confidence that he will put in the effort necessary to be successful. You can't ask for more from him than that!
Its funny..folks are already acting as if the guy is a alsoran..lol... The kid nearly propelled this team to a SB 2 years ago!!! Now..some have no confidence in him. That's real sad. He is going to prove his medal this year.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Its funny..folks are already acting as if the guy is a alsoran..lol... The kid nearly propelled this team to a SB 2 years ago!!! Now..some have no confidence in him. That's real sad. He is going to prove his medal this year.

The reality is that he did not progress his second year and teams figured him out, took away his favorite targets and he struggled. His pocket presence what not near as good either. Some people won't admit that. It happens with all QB's. You have to progress and be able to adjust to what defenses are doing to you. If you can't you end up like RGIII

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm down on Dak right now.

The Dez thing upset me and the reason Dez isn't producing, as well as the other WR's, is because of him and Garrett.

I like Dak but I need some time to get over this and i'll be super upset if they waste a 1st rounder on another WR that's just an expensive decoy.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The reality is that he did not progress his second year and teams figured him out, took away his favorite targets and he struggled. His pocket presence what not near as good either. Some people won't admit that. It happens with all QB's. You have to progress and be able to adjust to what defenses are doing to you. If you can't you end up like RGIII
Hard to gauge progress when your runnin for your life or flat on your back. He was chuckin and duckin. The Oline was a mess honestly on that left side. Then the Zeke fiasco. THEN the Dez not showing up in key moments thingy. Hard to lay all that on Dak. Yes..he nade some bad reads too..but he had little support.

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
No lies involved.
They are stats though, which mean it does apply to your post. The whole point of the saying is to illustrate how deceiving stats can be.
Those stats do not take into account balls that are well defended, over thrown, under thrown, dropped, intentionally thrown out of reach etc. etc..
It is not to say that you are a liar, it just says that stats can be more deceitful than the worst of lies.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Same song and dance from the guys wearing the C for the last 5 years..

This year is going to be great year...I promise yall that

Actually dak is the first voice we've had in a while. The only guy that should be wearing a "C" is dak and lee. Things go down and those other guys doing speak up for ****.

JBS

Reaction score
Actually dak is the first voice we've had in a while. The only guy that should be wearing a "C" is dak and lee. Things go down and those other guys doing speak up for ****.

I guess you forgot Romo making the same claims

Then Witten after Romo was gone

Now Dak

phildadon86

Reaction score
Its quite funny that people here (no names need be mentioned) cant acknowledge that the team in 2016 was just as much Dak as it was Zeke. teams down the stretch sold out against the run to stop Zeke and dared Dak to beat them. Including the Ravens, Tampa, etc. Who had top defenses at the time in the league. HE beat them with his arm. The Green Bay game in the playoffs, as is the status quo for our coaching staff. They tried getting cute and surprising GB by throwing more than running. Lets remember this is the same team we had over 200 yards on the ground against in the regular season. And we go down by 20. Then we go back to what has worked and Dak brings us back into the game only for our head coach to make the same mistake he still makes all the time by giving Rodgers too much time on the clock. But, its all Daks fault lol.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
He also had an Oline that underperformed and was missing the team's best player for 6 games. All of the Elliott stuff hanging over the team all season long also had an effect as well.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I guess you forgot Romo making the same claims

Then Witten after Romo was gone

Now Dak

I don't remember that. Even if so it was every blue moon because they are still not known for voicing there opinions. The whole team was just made fun of not long ago for being that exact way.

The are the nice guys.

JBS

Reaction score
I don't remember that. Even if so it was every blue moon because they are still not known for voicing there opinions. The whole team was just made fun of not long ago for being that exact way.

The are the nice guys.

Not sure what you are referencing..it was every year..right before training camp for the last 5 years

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

The are the nice guys.
Ok so you read on dc.com where Romo said that to the media! They have never reached out to the fans like dak have the last two years.

Swagger

Reaction score
Its quite funny that people here (no names need be mentioned) cant acknowledge that the team in 2016 was just as much Dak as it was Zeke. teams down the stretch sold out against the run to stop Zeke and dared Dak to beat them. Including the Ravens, Tampa, etc. Who had top defenses at the time in the league. HE beat them with his arm. The Green Bay game in the playoffs, as is the status quo for our coaching staff. They tried getting cute and surprising GB by throwing more than running. Lets remember this is the same team we had over 200 yards on the ground against in the regular season. And we go down by 20. Then we go back to what has worked and Dak brings us back into the game only for our head coach to make the same mistake he still makes all the time by giving Rodgers too much time on the clock. But, its all Daks fault lol.

Any QB with Football IQ would not have spiked the ball on the last Cowboys drive. Whatever happened before and after, that decision ultimately meant that the game did not at least go into overtime which against a gassed out absolutely shredded Packers Secondary, I know who I fancied to win in OT.

I remember the Cowboys winning drive against the Giants a few years earlier, Romo showed how you win a game in pretty much the same situation.

People go on about experience etc well get over it. That is balanced out by Prescott being supported by an UNBELIEVABLE offensive line, a future hall of fame TE, very tidy slot receiver in Cole B whilst Dez was completely destroying the Packers' Secondary.

The decision to spike the ball told me all I need to know going forwards. I said at the time that we should have traded Prescott for a king's ransom at the end of the 2016 season.

Wow imagine we would be sitting so pretty now and could basically take our pick of the excellent QB class to be drafted next week.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We are worse than last year, but disagree about the year before. The talent level has been getting better year to year since McClay came on board.
At this time last year we lost all of our secondary or almost all of it. It is now much better than it has been for years.

We are worse becasue we now do not have a sure #1 WR. So let’s see where that goes. We are worse becasue we do not know how the OL will play out, lets see after the draft.

But agree we are worse, at this moment, but it is not becasue of the overall players and talent. We are not as talented as some think, but we aren’t that void either.

We are worse becasue of the coaching staff and their schemes.

Getting Tyrone Smith and Zeke back automatically makes us better. Now if your talking about the beginning of the year, then I agree. I like the addition of Hurns. And although Dez had a nice TD total, we can surely replace 800 yards receiving and the receptions. Hurns should do that all by himself. And then the chemistry should be better without Dez. And Dak can focus on the entire receiving corps rather then forcing the ball to a guy that had problems getting open.

But for me, its never about THIS year. Unless the team is legitimate SB contender status. Which I haven't felt they were for a long time. And I certainly don't think it this year. Too many young guys. Dak is growing, the defense is getting turned over with youth. That's why dumping guys like Dez is so important. Need to move on and get rid of that salary. If not for just this year, but down the road in a year or two as well.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Any QB with Football IQ would not have spiked the ball on the last Cowboys drive. Whatever happened before and after, that decision ultimately meant that the game did not at least go into overtime which against a gassed out absolutely shredded Packers Secondary, I know who I fancied to win in OT.

I remember the Cowboys winning drive against the Giants a few years earlier, Romo showed how you win a game in pretty much the same situation.

People go on about experience etc well get over it. That is balanced out by Prescott being supported by an UNBELIEVABLE offensive line, a future hall of fame TE, very tidy slot receiver in Cole B whilst Dez was completely destroying the Packers' Secondary.

The decision to spike the ball told me all I need to know going forwards. I said at the time that we should have traded Prescott for a king's ransom at the end of the 2016 season.

Wow imagine we would be sitting so pretty now and could basically take our pick of the excellent QB class to be drafted next week.

So a rookie QB made a clock control error, all the while still tying the game and that told you all you need to know?

Because Romo or other good QB’s never made similar errors early in their careers?

And the excellent QB class coming up. Well, history says probably at least 3 of those QB’s end up being a bust....