Twitter: Dak: "We have the right guys. I promise 2018 will be a great year"

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I hate our fans these days. This team didn't trade draft picks to move up to get Dak. He was a compensatory 4th round pick that saved our 2016 season and broke rookie records, had a great start to 2017 but fell into a sophomore slump. Now apparently he can't throw straight and no one can wait to take a jab at him.
naw he just can't read defenses. Without Romo, Sanchez and Moore reading the defenses for him, he had a "slump". and the whole team was hurt.. lmao

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We don't need a #1 WR if we run RPO. At worst the OL is equal to last year, Martin is as good as Cooper, Fleming is vastly better than Green and Bell, as long as we get 16 games out of Smith the OL will be better than last year.

So we go from RBBC after we lost Murray, and now the WRBC after losing Dez.
We will see how it works out. :laugh:

Swagger

Reaction score
Yeah because defenses played us exactly the same when Zeke was out.:facepalm:

If the OLine was so bad at run blocking they wouldn't have been able to get Morris over 500 yards averaging 4.8 yards.

Defenses obviously filled the box more last season against Elliott so obviously he would average less.

Defenses dared Prescott to throw the ball and he couldn't execute.

Swagger

Reaction score
I don't think Prescott will ever have a season as good as 2016. It's highly unlikely the Cowboys will have an O-Line as amazing as that season plus the unknown factor Elliott and Prescott brought to the table.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
naw he just can't read defenses. Without Romo, Sanchez and Moore reading the defenses for him, he had a "slump". and the whole team was hurt.. lmao
"Just can't read defences". It's dumb posts like this I'm talking about. He's a 2nd year qb. He's won 19 games in his first two years. He won 9 games (better than average) in a year without Romo, Moore and Sanchez. So how exactly can't he read defences? Did Romo make all his 2016 reads and throws for him?

blindzebra

Reaction score
So we go from RBBC after we lost Murray, and now the WRBC after losing Dez.
We will see how it works out. :laugh:
Big difference between alternating RBs and changing up the scheme and having multiple receivers on the field at the same time.

DakBringMeBack

Reaction score
I hate our fans these days. This team didn't trade draft picks to move up to get Dak. He was a compensatory 4th round pick that saved our 2016 season and broke rookie records, had a great start to 2017 but fell into a sophomore slump. Now apparently he can't throw straight and no one can wait to take a jab at him.
hate them too. idiots

rags747

Reaction score
This teams success is all based on how Dak plays, he's great we will be playoff bound, he sucks then our season is lost...End of story.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Zeke went from 5.1 to 4.1 YPC, there was a fall off in run blocking too.

Nothing like a 6-game suspension at the end of the season and the threat of it and the BS w/ his ex-gf at the start of the season to lower your YPC and we also had Cooper @ LG instead of Leary. Last season sucked.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If Dak says the team will fail now that Dez is gone, he would be crushed...wait a minute.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Unless we establish a truly elite defense it's highly, highly, highly unlikely that we can land a Superbowl as to win a Superbowl you need your QB to be able to accurately nail a few 40 yard passes to win close games when it really matters against QB's who can light it up should they need to in order to win a game. The fact that we just let Dez leave says it all about Dak Prescott's ability to throw the ball downfield. Yes, last season Dez dropped more catches than he normally does but firstly, he isn't Inspector Gadget, and secondly, he was in my opinion effectively our best cornerback last season! No joke. He prevented so many more interceptions.

I just don't see us winning a Superbowl anytime soon even though we have had the strongest team we have had for well over a decade over the past two seasons which makes it frustrating.
I’m gonna miss all those rings that Dez brought us single handedly. Oh wait, never mind! He as just one more reason we’re continueing the 25 plus years of anonymity.

Go back and re watch the past 3 years of games and tell me how great Dez was!

Texasfootball21

Reaction score
Dak, just don't turn the ball over and we will be fine...
2016 23TD's 4INT's
2017 22TD's 13INT's

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I find it funny.

Dak struggles without Zeke drawing attention “he’s a bum who can’t get it done without elite help around him”.

Receivers including Dez can’t get open consistently without Zeke drawing all the attention “crickets chirping”

How many great years did Aikman have without elite help?

Dak definitely isn’t where he needs to be, but dismissing him as a bum is the wrong path at this point.