Dak & Wentz are not on same level

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I am not upset at all.

Just pointing out the machinations and twisting you are doing at this point.

And FWIW, I think his rookie year, Dak had close to a MVP type performance.

Why am I not surprised when it comes to you and this QB business.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think "intangibles" are overrated when you look at why the Vikings struggled. It wasn't the offense that cost them.

It was the defense. They went from 15.9 points given up to over 21 from 2017 to 2018.
Sorry,but if I am paying a QB a 100 mil he had better be special or at least an X factor. I felt like I was watching JAG . But we do agree Sydia, that Viking D was terrible at various times. Wonder if that's an indictment of Mike Zimmer? I THOUGHT he was some sort of defensive guru? lol...he really hasn't done all that much since leaving Dallas. Looks like we did the right thing letting him go. Where we scrwed up was not keeping Sean Payton. THAT WAS JUST DUMB. That's a story for another day.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why am I not surprised when it comes to you and this QB business.

You have a problem with that comment? Dak played great in 2016 and was nearly an MVP type candidate but the problem for him was the fact that Matt Ryan had a freaking off the charts year in 2016............

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
You have a problem with that comment? Dak played great in 2016 and was nearly an MVP type candidate but the problem for him was the fact that Matt Ryan had a freaking off the charts year in 2016............

Dak also got exposed towards the end of that season and did not play up to par. You fail to mention that.

Mvp was not deserving imo.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is being rumored that Wentz contract extension will be at $30 mill year (same as Dak rumored #s). If that happens then the implosion can not happen soon enough with Jones running the Dallas Cowboys. Wentz is MVP type QB when healthy and Dak if everything on earth breaks right for him could make pro-bowl.

We are going to find out very shortly if Jerry & Stephan are simply incompetent and more concerned with locking up guys they like (to insane contracts) just because they toe the company line.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/stats-dak-vs-wentz.433815/

On passes that were in the air at least 20 yards:

Dak
Atts 54
Completion% 35.2
Yards 771
Yards/Att 14.3
TD 7
TD% 13
INT 2
Rating 107.6

Wentz
Atts 44
Completion% 36.4
Yards 595
Yards/Att 13.5
TD 2
TD% 4.5
INT 4
Rating 61.7

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I think "intangibles" are overrated when you look at why the Vikings struggled. It wasn't the offense that cost them.

It was the defense. They went from 15.9 points given up to over 21 from 2017 to 2018.
Some of it was the offense. They had some questionable playcalling from their new OC, that they ended up firing during the season. Seems like Cousins had a lot of empty yards when you look at his stats. Cousins also seems to have a knack for making back breaking mistakes at the worst times. The Saints should have lost to them, Brees threw for 120 yds had 1TD/1INT and Cousins had 359 yds 2 TDs/1 INT, but that 1 INT was a pick six that pretty much decided the game. Cousins was bad in that Bills game too, think he had 3 turnovers in his first 3 possessions.

Their FG kicking was bad too, they should have won in OT against the Pack, but missed like a 30yd FG and that was after Cousins led a great drive and that TD to Theilen, the throw and catch was amazing and converted the 2pt conversion. I think they signed Bailey after that game and he missed quite a few himself.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I’m assuming that’s only regular season wins or did I miss some championship and Super Bowl appearances by Dak? Ha

My point is such a comparison is suggesting that only Brady has been more successful than Dak in last 3 years by using the teams wins. Basically attempting to place Dak on same level as Brady.
In those 3 years yes Brady is the only QB that has more wins than Dak. Spin it how you want but those are the facts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In those 3 years yes Brady is the only QB that has more wins than Dak. Spin it how you want but those are the facts.
My concern is the intent of your spin. What exactly is this comparison attempting to say?

The Patriots are only team last 3 years with more wins than the Cowboys. And..... what is the message here?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It appears to me that it’s saying nothing more than the words it’s putting out. at the end of the day you want to win games. Only Tom has done that more since 2016.
Only the Patriots have won more games that the Cowboys last 3 years. I’m not sure why Brady or Prescott are the focus of this comparison?

It sounds as though the intent is saying only the Patriots and Brady have had more success in last 3 years which certainly isn’t the case. Unless we’re hanging banners for divisions now? Some teams do.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Aikman doesn't seem to think so...so I don't think its that Unanimous at all.
I violated my cardinal rule: Never say ALL, MOST or EVERY because that lies outside of anyone's scope of knowledge.
I should have said many.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It is true they are not on the same level. Dak has played in post season games and Wentz hasn't. lol

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
My concern is the intent of your spin. What exactly is this comparison attempting to say?

The Patriots are only team last 3 years with more wins than the Cowboys. And..... what is the message here?
Go back and read the very first comment you made i replied too. You said Cowboys front office doesn't care about wins and then talk about how Dak is only second to Brady in selling merchandise..........do i need to explain more or you got it now.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Wentz can't stay healthy and his team was so stacked in his best year that the backup won the Super Bowl. And he's a ginger.
The team wasn't that stacked. In fact most of us had them going 8 and 8 and even the Eagles fans in Philly were just hoping to win 9 or 10 games and make a playoff game. The first half of their season was grueling, and Wentz for the most part was a one-man team willing them victories in games they probably should have lost. The last quarter that team started to come together and that's when Wentz got hurt. That was not a great team halfway into their season.

It was similar to the Giants when no one thought they were a good team they struggled through the season and in the playoffs dominated to a Super Bowl. It's like a light switch gets turned on.

That season was filled with last play games. Like the one against the Giants with practically no time left Wentz drove the Eagles down the field close enough to attempt a 60 something yard field goal and their new rookie kicker made it. That was against the worst team in football at the time, the Giants.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
It is being rumored that Wentz contract extension will be at $30 mill year (same as Dak rumored #s). If that happens then the implosion can not happen soon enough with Jones running the Dallas Cowboys. Wentz is MVP type QB when healthy and Dak if everything on earth breaks right for him could make pro-bowl.

We are going to find out very shortly if Jerry & Stephan are simply incompetent and more concerned with locking up guys they like (to insane contracts) just because they toe the company line.

I cant even understand the comparison at all.

Wentz is a QB where the whole offense can rely on him. Dak is a medicore college QB who needs all the talent in the world around him to succeed.

Yeah Yeah i know, philly won the SB without wentz, but then what does this tell you all about the quality of their backup ? And then, would have philly taken Dak as their backup ? And would he be able to carry philly to a SB too ? I dont think so.

You watch wentz he can make all the throws and reads. You watch Dak and he can make the college throws and compute only the one read stuff.

Seriously i dont get it. I dont say Dak is bad. Just keep him another year, draft a franchise QB in 2020. Then give Dak the backup contract he deserves. Everybody should be happy.

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
FACT...Foles outplayed Wentz 2 years straight. FACT...HE...not Wentz won the big games and rallied his team, against stacked odds. FACT...Wentz has his best year in year 2 before he was hurt late. FACT..he never could return to form in 2018 and Foles took over once again. See the trend? Dak mediocre in college? AH....TwentyOne, WHAT games did you watch while he was at Miss. State? ...He carried those teams for 5 years!! Wentz make all the reads? what?!!!!! REALLY??? Again...what the heck are you watchin? Dak may not be Joe Montana with his stellar reads, but all he does is do what needs to be done and hes durable. This faux narrative that Wentz "makes all the reads" is off. Dak is our franchise QB...deal with it. Wentz cant stay off the training table.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ask Drew Brees how he felt after his stellar performance against us last year...Defense matters and that doesn't make Drew an average QB...it just means that on that day, we stopped him.