Dak will not win a championship in today's NFL

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Sorry, but after the display of ineptitude the Cowboys defense put on national television last night, how can this be about Dak?

I know he missed a couple throws, but Dak is who he is. After three years we should all have picked up on it.

Last night I saw Dak Prescott as the only reason, and I mean the only reason, the Cowboys were even alive at any point in the game.

sillycon

Reaction score
I think we can win it with Dak provided we have an elite defense. While we have a good defense, it is by no means an elite one. Absent the elite defense, we're going to struggle in the playoffs with Dak at the helm (given the same unimaginative offensive scheming). Watching the Patriots in action, our team by comparison just looks like it's plodding along. We have some good pieces but we need more and definitely could use better coaching...

fansince68

Reaction score
It's obvious with the four best defenses(Bal, Dal, Chi, LAC) being put out of the playoffs that defense will no longer win championships with today's offenses.

That brings me to our QB. Dak is not a pure passer, we will need to pass to win in this league from now on. Our style of ball just wont cut it and anyone who believes it would are fooling themselves.

High scoring offenses are becoming a trend and it will only spread throughout the league as the years go. Dallas will certainly have to "join'em" to bring competitive football to this fanbase.

Now I know most of you will tell me that Dak needs a fair chance with better coaching but I disagree. Dak simply is not built for this new trend that will soon take over this league in the next few years.

Not only is Dak not talented enough but he has hit his ceiling and is not a player that can even develope the skills needed to succeed in this jungle. He just doesnt have it.

The rams, saints, and cheifs will be there every year to intercept teams like Dallas and so will the newcomers that are starting to look for the mcveys, Payton's, and Reids.

Dak was given a chance to prove he could carry this team and he failed yesterday. He failed to run when opportunities where there, he failed to be accurate, he failed to extend drives, giving the ball back, which contributed to the rams continuing their scoring party on the defense.

When you get hit in the mouth you have to hit back everytime. Slip ups by the captain righting the ship are unacceptable.

Dak is not a captain. He is a players that cant keep up with the herd.

If you are not skillful enough to run with the herd then out the door you shall go.

As a fanbase who have put up with loads of BS through out the years, we dont deserve just competitive football. We deserve "competitive championship" football.

Dak as a handicap will never give our fanbase that.
Dude you are directly on point. I hope Dak reads this and proves you wrong.

Ken

Reaction score
It's obvious with the four best defenses(Bal, Dal, Chi, LAC) being put out of the playoffs that defense will no longer win championships with today's offenses.

That brings me to our QB. Dak is not a pure passer, we will need to pass to win in this league from now on. Our style of ball just wont cut it and anyone who believes it would are fooling themselves.

High scoring offenses are becoming a trend and it will only spread throughout the league as the years go. Dallas will certainly have to "join'em" to bring competitive football to this fanbase.

Now I know most of you will tell me that Dak needs a fair chance with better coaching but I disagree. Dak simply is not built for this new trend that will soon take over this league in the next few years.

Not only is Dak not talented enough but he has hit his ceiling and is not a player that can even develope the skills needed to succeed in this jungle. He just doesnt have it.

The rams, saints, and cheifs will be there every year to intercept teams like Dallas and so will the newcomers that are starting to look for the mcveys, Payton's, and Reids.

Dak was given a chance to prove he could carry this team and he failed yesterday. He failed to run when opportunities where there, he failed to be accurate, he failed to extend drives, giving the ball back, which contributed to the rams continuing their scoring party on the defense.

When you get hit in the mouth you have to hit back everytime. Slip ups by the captain righting the ship are unacceptable.

Dak is not a captain. He is a players that cant keep up with the herd.

If you are not skillful enough to run with the herd then out the door you shall go.

As a fanbase who have put up with loads of BS through out the years, we dont deserve just competitive football. We deserve "competitive championship" football.

Dak as a handicap will never give our fanbase that.
Dumb post when we were eliminated by a team that dominated us on the ground while having a pedestrian passing performance.

Really dumb.

cowboyec

Reaction score
wont matter who we have at QB if we can't stop the run.
QB aint the problem.
1T is...Woods needs help.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Dak won me over the latter part of the season. He seems level-headed but needs to hone his footwork. The coaching staff also need to hone their game plan to take advantage of this strengt h.

I'd like to see two of three Dak options per quarter going forward. This guy has legs like a RB and the Cowboys play-calling needs to be taking better advantage of this while he still has it.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I didn't even have to read your entire whine to be able to point out it has flaws, big ones. One of the teams that is going to the NFC championship game, the Rams have a RB, Gurley, who if not injured and didn't play the last 2 games of the season could have ended up as the league's leading rusher. That being said, the rams ran the ball the exact same percentage as the Cowboys so the Cowboys style still works and can still win. As for yesterday ONLY Prescott haters are TRYING to blame him for the loss. Most of the rest of the sporting world has already put the blame on the defense that allowed 273 rushing yards, forced zero 3 and out, forced only a single punt, had zero sacks and only had 3 tackles for a loss. While your at it, please enlighten all of us with your NFL QB coaching experience. Your hatred has blinded you to the truth and you're the one who will have to suffer with that.
Your problem is you are focused on putting the blame on one aspect and ignoring the big picture. That is a simple and emotionally driven point of view.

While it is true that the defense shoulders a significant amount of the responsibility it can be and is also true that the offense gave them very little help. There were many plays
there to made that would have extended drives and potentially lead to points that were not made. Routine plays that you have to expect your QB to make. Regardless of the defensive performance the score never got out of control and had Dak been able to make those plays things may have been different.

Nobody is blaming Dak solely for the loss. To deny that he did not contribute to it is naive and irrational.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
I don’t disagree with what you’re saying but look how we just got beat.

We just need to figure out how to be deceptive with our offense.

The Rams give you a few formations but they bait you into things with their tendencies.

Motion, misdirection, playaction, and hurry up.. It’s missing from our offense.
You mite not be dumb. Good post

morat1959

Reaction score
Th
I don't care if he's here to stay, no more than I cared that Garret was here to stay when I saw the obvious. Folks are going to speak their mind about the obvious in this case as well. A lot of folks saw things in Garrett that just didn't translate into being a good NFL HC and folks said to give him time, he's building something. I see the same thing with Dak. He's just lacking the things that are necessities to being a good NFL QB. Yes he's got some leadership skills....yes, he can run. But I like my QB to be able to pass. I'm funny like that.
You can’t covince the homers and koolaid drinkers. They love the mediocrity! It’s about winning games to them not Super Bowls.

morat1959

Reaction score
Your problem is you are focused on putting the blame on one aspect and ignoring the big picture. That is a simple and emotionally driven point of view.

While it is true that the defense shoulders a significant amount of the responsibility it can be and is also true that the offense gave them very little help. There were many plays
there to made that would have extended drives and potentially lead to points that were not made. Routine plays that you have to expect your QB to make. Regardless of the defensive performance the score never got out of control and had Dak been able to make those plays things may have been different.

Nobody is blaming Dak solely for the loss. To deny that he did not contribute to it is naive and irrational.
1 for 10 on 3rd Down.