Dak will not win a championship in today's NFL

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Define elite as it applies to defenses.

'85 Bears. '00 Ravens. '02 Buccaneers. '13 Seahawks. and '15 Broncos would win against most teams. Those are elite defenses, imo.

'85 Bears was the favorite all year to win the Championship and they swept through the playoffs all the way to the Super Bowl. Their defense allowed 10 points for the whole Playoffs.
'00 Ravens destroyed the Giants in the Super Bowl. Lots of people picked the Giants, but that game proved elite defenses beats an offense anyday.
'02 Buccaneers defense was dominant on all facets of the game. Scrambling Quarterbacks made no difference to them. They easily held Michael Vick at his peak to the lowest QB rating of his career. And he was rushing for over 1000 yards per year during that era? Any type of offense gets suppressed by a defense like that.
'13 Seahawks absolutely destroyed a Peyton Manning offense. Who beats a Peyton Manning offense 43-8?
'15 Broncos defense held a 15-1 Panthers offense who looked dominant all year to 10 points.

Offense only wins the Super Bowl in years when there are no championship caliber defenses.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm a little hard on Dak at times but he gets minimal help from our coaching and scheme. I think he can get a team to the dance but it will never happen under the current conditions in Dallas IMO. He has some traits that are hard to find or teach such as determination, grit and moxie.

He has to work on footwork, pocket awareness and anticipation some of which will help him be a bit more accurate. If the aforementioned do not happen, then we need to look for his replacement sooner than later.

Give the guy a creative OC who uses misdirection, playaction and RPO's that cater to Dak's strengths and I think we will see a much improved offense.

I would rather surround Dak with the proper tools and see what happens than kick him to the curb and go on a QB treasure hunt.

The ball is in Jerrys' court........get new compatible offensive coaches or bring the subpar crew back hoping for different results.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It's obvious with the four best defenses(Bal, Dal, Chi, LAC) being put out of the playoffs that defense will no longer win championships with today's offenses.

That brings me to our QB. Dak is not a pure passer, we will need to pass to win in this league from now on. Our style of ball just wont cut it and anyone who believes it would are fooling themselves.

High scoring offenses are becoming a trend and it will only spread throughout the league as the years go. Dallas will certainly have to "join'em" to bring competitive football to this fanbase.

Now I know most of you will tell me that Dak needs a fair chance with better coaching but I disagree. Dak simply is not built for this new trend that will soon take over this league in the next few years.

Not only is Dak not talented enough but he has hit his ceiling and is not a player that can even develope the skills needed to succeed in this jungle. He just doesnt have it.

The rams, saints, and cheifs will be there every year to intercept teams like Dallas and so will the newcomers that are starting to look for the mcveys, Payton's, and Reids.

Dak was given a chance to prove he could carry this team and he failed yesterday. He failed to run when opportunities where there, he failed to be accurate, he failed to extend drives, giving the ball back, which contributed to the rams continuing their scoring party on the defense.

When you get hit in the mouth you have to hit back everytime. Slip ups by the captain righting the ship are unacceptable.

Dak is not a captain. He is a players that cant keep up with the herd.

If you are not skillful enough to run with the herd then out the door you shall go.

As a fanbase who have put up with loads of BS through out the years, we dont deserve just competitive football. We deserve "competitive championship" football.

Dak as a handicap will never give our fanbase that.
:facepalm: Here’s proof the haters are reveling in the loss. I knew you would be out in force today.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Nope. Elite defenses still win championships. Our defense is not elite. There are no elite defenses this year. Simple as that.

Okay then let's extrapolate that point. Absent an elite defense, your next best bet is probably an elite quarterback

Dak isn't that and isn't close

Bigdog

Reaction score
Unless everything is perfect then your right. We need to draft a qb
There is no one and I mean no one who is better than Dak in this year draft. Next year draft is different story though.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
It's obvious with the four best defenses(Bal, Dal, Chi, LAC) being put out of the playoffs that defense will no longer win championships with today's offenses.

That brings me to our QB. Dak is not a pure passer, we will need to pass to win in this league from now on. Our style of ball just wont cut it and anyone who believes it would are fooling themselves.

High scoring offenses are becoming a trend and it will only spread throughout the league as the years go. Dallas will certainly have to "join'em" to bring competitive football to this fanbase.

Now I know most of you will tell me that Dak needs a fair chance with better coaching but I disagree. Dak simply is not built for this new trend that will soon take over this league in the next few years.

Not only is Dak not talented enough but he has hit his ceiling and is not a player that can even develope the skills needed to succeed in this jungle. He just doesnt have it.

The rams, saints, and cheifs will be there every year to intercept teams like Dallas and so will the newcomers that are starting to look for the mcveys, Payton's, and Reids.

Dak was given a chance to prove he could carry this team and he failed yesterday. He failed to run when opportunities where there, he failed to be accurate, he failed to extend drives, giving the ball back, which contributed to the rams continuing their scoring party on the defense.

When you get hit in the mouth you have to hit back everytime. Slip ups by the captain righting the ship are unacceptable.

Dak is not a captain. He is a players that cant keep up with the herd.

If you are not skillful enough to run with the herd then out the door you shall go.

As a fanbase who have put up with loads of BS through out the years, we dont deserve just competitive football. We deserve "competitive championship" football.

Dak as a handicap will never give our fanbase that.

Well said

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The only thing you’re right about is he should’ve run a couple of times and didn’t.

But, the Dak Doubters will say, "We don't need a RB at the QB position, there can only be one version of a QB and that's a traditional pocket passing QB. A QB shouldn't need his feet to be good."

Yobwocs

Reaction score
So if there are no elite defenses, doesn't his point still stand? :huh:

Well he said.......... "It's obvious with the four best defenses(Bal, Dal, Chi, LAC) being put out of the playoffs that defense will no longer win championships with today's offenses."

Indicating that those defenses are good enough a win a championship. None of those defenses are.

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Dak can win a championship, but it would require a creative coach like Andy Reid or Mcvay

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The stage was set for Dak to take over that game. Open receivers were everywhere and he did not make the passes to keep the team in the game. I don’t care what you do with scheme and OC, if your QB can’t consistently hit the wide open receivers it does not matter.

The defense stunk but we should have never been out of that game. Never should have only had 7 in the first half. This is the occasion where I said on Saturday where at some point Dak is going to have to put some points on the board on the first half and he did not get the job done.
That's what I saw too. We scored a touchdown first and got the ball first in the second half.
We don't have a 85 Bears defense nor a 00 Ravens defense.
Our defense did a great job this year, but it has to get help from our offense. Yesterday, we couldn't. We held the Rams to two field goals. We had the opportunity to go up 14-6. But we couldn't cash in.
The Rams were dedicated to stopping Zeke. That means there were opportunities in the passing game.
Dak just couldn't take advantage of them consistently enough to keep up with the Rams.
Sometimes, you're going to have to win a shoot out. We simply can't do that with Dak.
Now, I will admit our playcalling sucks. But that's another issue altogether.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
But, the Dak Doubters will say, "We don't need a RB at the QB position, there can only be one version of a QB and that's a traditional pocket passing QB. A QB shouldn't need his feet to be good."
Right, but you have to remember that nearly 100% of them are morons.