Dak will not win a championship in today's NFL

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
And most of his ‘big time’ throws are on the move and when he’s decisive. They hardly ever come when he has to go through his progressions and reads. For every one ‘great’ pass of Dak, you can point to around five where DBs dropped sure INTs, including pick 6s and throws at the feet. Remember the Jarwin one a couple weeks back, I think it was way behind him, when he was wide open.

I worry about a guy like gallups progress with dak as the years go. Gallup is good.

He seems like one of those WR's Payton Manning would just go crazy with.

Gallup is young and cooper tries to contain himself on mistakes by dak but you can see the frustration by both of them.

A better passer would go along way with the talent we already have on the team.

Last edited:

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I guess everybody forgets the walk in pick 6 the rams dropped, or the tailor made pick 6 that Amari caught to beat the eagles. Beyond lucky on those plays. Season changing plays.

Is Dallas supposed to rely on that luck?
Even if the cowboys get away with it in the regular season, teams in the playoffs are too good to go out at the hands of some fluke **** like that.

khiladi

Reaction score
I guess everybody forgets the walk in pick 6 the rams dropped, or the tailor made pick 6 that Amari caught to beat the eagles. Beyond lucky on those plays. Season changing plays.

Is Dallas supposed to rely on that luck?

Or the Seattle DB drop pick 6 on a ‘sideline’ route when Dak had to go through his progressions and tossed a floater up off his back foot across his body to the left.

khiladi

Reaction score
I worry about a guy like gallups progress with dak as the years go. Gallup is good.

He seems like one of those WR's Payton Manning would just go crazy with.

Gallup is young and cooper tries to contain himself on mistakes by dak but you can see the frustration by both of them.

A better passer would go along with with the talent we already have on the team.

Cooper looked incredibly frustrated by the end at times. People act like he’s guaranteed to stay here, when he wants to get paid.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
More I'm a better fan than you rubbish I've heard for so many years when someone has a different opinion or critises the FO> Take a hike.

Hey you're the one that proclaimed himself the spokesman of the Cowboys fans and stating that REAL fans would leave the fan base if Garrett is extended. You see real fans may not like every player or coach or even the owner, but they don't suggest or stop being a fan because of it. Casual or bandwagon fans do and every team can get a long just fine without the casual or bandwagon fans. They spend little or no money on the Cowboys so they aren't missed nor is all the whining they do.

Reaction score
Funny is that Dak does so well out of the pocket. I have no clue why Garrett and Linehan keeps wanting him to be a pocket passer.

How hard is it to run play action, bootlegs and RPO? Seriously we have the dumbest coaches in the NFL right now. I watch high school football and even some of the coaches use alot of pro style offenses.

I don't see whats hard in making those plays the staple of our offense. NONE.

We seemed to have a lot more fumbles when we did the RPO's. Play Action, I'm so tired of hearing about this. We run play action
We ran 50 yards at 2.3 ypc
They ran 273 yards at 5.7 ypc

That’s where the game was won/lost. It wasn’t on Dak who was pretty solid. How many QB’s do you think can overcome those numbers?

But it's ignorant to not see Dak's role in those numbers....

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Cooper looked incredibly frustrated by the end at times. People act like he’s guaranteed to stay here, when he wants to get paid.

Its players like cooper who would rather go else where than to put up with something he knows wouldnt work.

He doesnt talk much but I could easily see one of his actions as leaving if the opportunity presents.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Guys that was years ago other than Cam. Cam is so much more talented than Dak.
There will always be anomalies like the Ravens in 2012 or even Eli in 2007. Remember Eli has never won a playoff game other than 2007 & 2011. Guy has a rabbits foot.
I don’t want to talk about exceptions. Remember we have to focus on process over results in the long term. Yes we went from 3-5 to playoffs but this approach is not sustainable. Don’t address Wr in the offseason and then hope to trade for a young pro bowler. Take the first week of FA off and then hope to build the team. Wake up, we got a bit lucky, our defense played well at times, but coaching and execution got us. Rams o line isn’t the most talented but they outschemed us. Man handled us. It’s embarrsing.

Newton is so much more talented? Just how is this? Newton has thrown fewer than 12 picks once, 10, and has seasons with 12, 12, 13, 14, 16 and 17 PICKS. Newton's best passer rating is 99.4 and his worst is 75.8. Prescott's best is 104.9 and his worst is 86.6. The ONLY thing Newton has dome more of is rushing but all this time I thought the QB's primary job is to throw the ball which Newton has done that better than Prescott. It's funny that the sporing world has said that Newton has a strong arm but he's just not very accurate and now some of the Cowboys fans sat that about Prescott but you think he's much more talented. I remember when Parcels was asked would he rather be lucky or good and his reply was good and lucky. I also remember there was never a team that started 0 - 2 to win a Super Bowl until the Cowboys did it. The point is that just because a team starts slow does not mean they are doomed to not make it to and/or win a Super Bowl. I'll also remind you of the patriots that once went undefeated all season and through the playoffs but lost the Super Bowl to the giants. The point there is even if a team plays lights out all season there's no guarantee they will win the Super Bowl.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Dak will not be the issue we don't want the SB.

Not winning a SB while having a solid starting QB making less than 1/4th as much as any other starting QB in the NFL, and $25M+ less than other starting QBs really shows the ineptness of either the FO, coaching, or both.

Reaction score
Where was Zeke's poise under pressure? Bash him.............but NO! Off limts.

You're like a broken record with this. When a defense is having success stacking the box against your running back how do you stop it? There isn't a running back in this league who can consistently run the ball against a defense who is only playing the run.

Zeke isn't getting a pass, most of us are just smart enough to realize why he didn't get over 47 yards.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's usually a very safe to bet against any QB that has not yet done so, ever winning a Super Bowl.
Not many do.
And if you subtract 3 full seasons of starting off their remaining time to do it, the odds go up further.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
QBR is mathematical formula that is an interpretation on QB play. It doesn’t in any way show what the QB leaves off the floor, which again, is Dak’s biggest weakness. Dak can’t anticipate and when he pulls back on a throw and dumps it off five yards and gets a completion, his QBR goes up.

That’s called being a game manager and it works when your defense is outstanding and you have a strong running game.

The Chiefs ended up 5-0 and then went on a 1-6 losing streak and won the last four against really bad teams and ended up losing the first round to a mediocre Titans team because they only put up 21 points. And the last four games the Chiefs basically won because their defense generated 12 TOs in the final four games and they still generated 2 against the Titans, all the whole Alex Smith protected the ball. It was a 14-3 TO ratio favoring the Chiefs.

Now even when the Chiefs let up TDS in bunches and Mahomes comes right back down the field and scores TDS no matter who the defense is.

Well you're being vague about what Dak leaves off the field, and that being his biggest weakness. Dak has an incessant amount of plays that were just dead to begin with, and the receivers were all covered...... especially at the beginning of the year. I saw him pull back a lot true, but are you trying to say he had lots of places to throw to and instead of trying to hit those, he checked down? Come on now. The receivers were all covered is why he pulled back. Mahomes has the longest pocket time in the NFL. The receivers eventually get open. The Chiefs also run an incessant amount of pass players, so I'm willing to bet Mahomes' check down ratio is pretty high too. If I remember correctly, Mahomes' success against the Colts came primarily from passes that were 15 yards or less. Chiefs offense is built to make those big comebacks. They're a team that is capable of dealing with a scoreboard that appears like it's gotten out of hand. That's not unusual at all. High offenses always has that same manifestation.

I think Alex Smith's rating was high mostly because he was on a team that was looking like they were gonna have the best overall record for a great majority of the season until the last few games. That's usually the case. Chiefs continued their high level of play this year, but raised it by a little bit. They were already a top 6 team last year, they're a top 4 team this year. They've learned how to finish the season a little bit better. The whole team has gotten better, and their younger talent are all +1 year development. Still, they're 2-4 against playoff teams and Mahomes almost certainly looks weaker against them. (3-4 if you count the Colts) Place your bets on the Patriots next week; NOW.

Reaction score
:facepalm:

Cooper didn’t even have to break stride.

That pass should have been a routine catch.

Dak missed some passes the other night but that wasn’t one of them.

If you guys don't see the flaw in that pass then there really isn't much that is going to change your minds. That ball should be out in front of the receiver where his momentum is going. That ball is over his head and behind him. Should he have caught it? Yes, but that's not an easy routine catch as you have to move your body counter to the momentum and contort your arms behind you as well. The question isn't whther he should catch it, it's again another routine throw that a receiver has to make the play on. If the ball was thrown accurately we wouldn't even have the discussion. The comedy is that this is the evidence of a good throw..........

The Gallup down the sideline throw as a good throw. The throw to Gallup last week was a good throw. No one is arguing he doesn't have the ability to make a good thrown. The argument is all the balls leading up to that one great throw that are routine that are under/over thrown. The inability to pull the trigger on a receiver that 'will' be open. Good NFL QB's develop that instinct to release the ball before the receiver comes open, Dak is usually throwing late when he sees the receiver 'actually' open. You can't get away with that in the NFL and it takes a really good receiver to make up for those shortcomings.

This constant defending of him is so tiresome, no one can criticize him without hurting the defenders feelings. I don't dislike Dak, he's a great kid with off the chart intangibles. But I will call it like I see it. The game is too fast for him and it magnifies his deficiencies, accuracy, footwork, ability to see a play develop, reading coverage. I've watched gamefilm on him since he came in the league in 2016, I see them all. What Troy was saying last week about why aren't they throwing to Cooper when he gets single coverage said so much with saying so little. It's a microcosm of the big picture. Cooper WILL get open in one on one. With all the stupid comeback routes (Dak Friendly) that we run, that ball should be in his gut as soon as he turns around. 9/10 times you can count two Mississippi while the receiver stands there waiting for the ball. In year 3 fellas, year 3.

CWR

Reaction score
Its players like cooper who would rather go else where than to put up with something he knows wouldnt work.

He doesnt talk much but I could easily see one of his actions as leaving if the opportunity presents.

Yeah, NO. Coop will get a nice contract and play here for many years. What was he on pace for this season with Dak? Like 1300 yds and 10 yds? Wow Dak was really holding him back.

CWR

Reaction score
If you guys don't see the flaw in that pass then there really isn't much that is going to change your minds. That ball should be out in front of the receiver where his momentum is going. That ball is over his head and behind him. Should he have caught it? Yes, but that's not an easy routine catch as you have to move your body counter to the momentum and contort your arms behind you as well. The question isn't whther he should catch it, it's again another routine throw that a receiver has to make the play on. If the ball was thrown accurately we wouldn't even have the discussion. The comedy is that this is the evidence of a good throw..........

The Gallup down the sideline throw as a good throw. The throw to Gallup last week was a good throw. No one is arguing he doesn't have the ability to make a good thrown. The argument is all the balls leading up to that one great throw that are routine that are under/over thrown. The inability to pull the trigger on a receiver that 'will' be open. Good NFL QB's develop that instinct to release the ball before the receiver comes open, Dak is usually throwing late when he sees the receiver 'actually' open. You can't get away with that in the NFL and it takes a really good receiver to make up for those shortcomings.

This constant defending of him is so tiresome, no one can criticize him without hurting the defenders feelings. I don't dislike Dak, he's a great kid with off the chart intangibles. But I will call it like I see it. The game is too fast for him and it magnifies his deficiencies, accuracy, footwork, ability to see a play develop, reading coverage. I've watched gamefilm on him since he came in the league in 2016, I see them all. What Troy was saying last week about why aren't they throwing to Cooper when he gets single coverage said so much with saying so little. It's a microcosm of the big picture. Cooper WILL get open in one on one. With all the stupid comeback routes (Dak Friendly) that we run, that ball should be in his gut as soon as he turns around. 9/10 times you can count two Mississippi while the receiver stands there waiting for the ball. In year 3 fellas, year 3.

So the defenders get tiresome but its simply calling it as you see it to criticize his deficiencies and pretend hes didn't just complete his 3rd year as a guy who came out "raw" and "developmental."

How bout you just like his "defenders" real it back in? Hes not a finished product, he doesnt have great coaching, yet he has potential and is progressing.

This year he played under pressure and at times without a run game, yet still did pretty well. Those were things we were told he couldn't do.

Since Daks critics dont seem to realize the next Peyton Manning isn't sitting on his couch just waiting to play for us how about we give Dak some time and coaching and hope for the best?

No need to anoint him and no need to condemn him. He has flaws it doesnt make him hopeless and he has flashes it doesnt make him the franchise.

CWR

Reaction score
He was. Those overthrows tho! All those yards left on the field tho!

I agree, it freaking kills me and I curse him up and down but then he finds a way to make up for it.

One HUGE thing Ive noticed which is quite coachable is a majority of his misses are preceded by bad footwork. Hes much more accurate when his footwork is right.

khiladi

Reaction score
Well you're being vague about what Dak leaves off the field, and that being his biggest weakness. Dak has an incessant amount of plays that were just dead to begin with, and the receivers were all covered...... especially at the beginning of the year. I saw him pull back a lot true, but are you trying to say he had lots of places to throw to and instead of trying to hit those, he checked down? Come on now. The receivers were all covered is why he pulled back. Mahomes has the longest pocket time in the NFL. The receivers eventually get open. The Chiefs also run an incessant amount of pass players, so I'm willing to bet Mahomes' check down ratio is pretty high too. If I remember correctly, Mahomes' success against the Colts came primarily from passes that were 15 yards or less. Chiefs offense is built to make those big comebacks. They're a team that is capable of dealing with a scoreboard that appears like it's gotten out of hand. That's not unusual at all. High offenses always has that same manifestation.

I think Alex Smith's rating was high mostly because he was on a team that was looking like they were gonna have the best overall record for a great majority of the season until the last few games. That's usually the case. Chiefs continued their high level of play this year, but raised it by a little bit. They were already a top 6 team last year, they're a top 4 team this year. They've learned how to finish the season a little bit better. The whole team has gotten better, and their younger talent are all +1 year development. Still, they're 2-4 against playoff teams and Mahomes almost certainly looks weaker against them. (3-4 if you count the Colts) Place your bets on the Patriots next week; NOW.

15 yards or less is a testimony to Mahomes greatness.

As far as Dak, you’ll find plenty of tape of Dak not throwing to guys open by NFL standards.

It’s embarrassing that your trying to equate the Chiefs with Smith and Mahomes.

Hadenough

Reaction score
QB is the absolute most important position on the field. I would place Dak middle of the pack. Unless Dak becomes a top 6 passing QB the chances are very slim the team wins a SB.