Dak winner, Wentz loser

River82

Reaction score
Goff is the real deal, and the Rams and the Saints played in a shootout. That was impressive in a way Wentz never has been

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
So, do any of you trying to make this comparison and suggesting Wentz if not a better QB not ignoring that being down 14 in the first five minutes might change the offensive game plan?

Then being down 24 to 7 may really cause a guy to force passes.

All the gripping about Dak, and I do my share, when we list out his lack of deep balls and his inaccuracy, Wentz is accurate and has a rocket launcher of an arm.

Wentz does not have the same team as Foles did last year. And there was a shot that Wentz would have been the MVP last year before his injury.
https://brickwallblitz.com/2018/03/28/the-2017-18-deep-ball-project/

Here's a deep ball study for last year. They ranked Dak 2nd best deep ball passer.
Files 12th.
Wentz 25 out of 35 QBs that qualified.

River82

Reaction score

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Here's the Eagles wins-losses from this season. It's not like Wentz had been putting up 30 points every game in the Eagles losses and then the Defense for the Eagles looses the game. The most the Eagles have scored this season was 34 points against the Giants and since you want to take out Dak's clutch moments against teams with a losing record, then I guess this 34 point game from Wentz against the Giants isn't worth much. Not like Wentz is pulling a Brees this season and putting up 30-40 points in every game. Most games for the Eagles this season, have been in the 20 point range or lower.

Looking up the Eagles 2018 Games and their D may not have shut down opposing offenses, but kept the score respectable, outside of the game with the Saints. Making out Philly's D to be so bad this season, when they kept the scores respectable enough for Wentz the 4 games Philly did win so far this season. Going back to actually look at the games Philly won and I see how their Defense held the opposing O to under 20 points in each of the Eagles win. So, I'm not sure where this notion that Philly has had an awful defense comes from.

Wentz isn't the juggarnot some make him out to be if he can only win games where Philly's D holds the other team to 20 or less points. This season, Philly isn't putting up a ton of points on Offense every game. So, blaming Philly's D for the Eagles losses, when if anything they contributed to Philly winning the 4 games they did and besides the Saints game, even in their losses Philly's D has held opposing offenses to in the twenty point range.

https://www.google.com/search?q=eag...me&ie=UTF-8#sie=t;/m/05tg3;6;/m/059yj;mt;fp;1

Looking here at the games the Cowboys won and it's not like Wentz has an light years advantage over Dak this season, when it comes to points scored per game. Including against the Jags who both teams played and the Cowboys score more points than Philly did on them.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...vi4pMeFxqk8#sie=t;/m/02896;6;/m/059yj;mt;fp;1

I know how much they have scored...

Let's take a look at what they scored in their losses compared to Dallas

Eagles - 23, 21, 17, 20, 7

Dallas - 8, 13, 16, 17, 14

Do you see the problem here? Dak has an at least above average offensive line, running game, and good D - he's still at 5-5. Wentz doesn't have a good O-line, virtually no running game, and the defense is banged up and nowhere near what it was last year. Let's also not forget, super bowl hangover is a real thing AND Wentz is coming off an injury that is only 11 months removed.

If you want to mock something? Mock the fans who thought they were a dynasty. I'm sure their team will be good again shortly, however, their D had flaws last year and it almost cost them a super bowl until the final drive.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Their offense is clearly good enough to do it for them, barring injury- like to Brees.

We'll see. They are my favorites to win the Super Bowl, but sometimes there is a team that gets hot around the end of the season and has a D that comes out of nowhere - the 2007 and 2011 Giants come to mind.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dak is more clutch that Wentz and has proven he has the ability to put the team on his back and either win or give them a great chance at winning at the end of the game. Believe he lead the team back against the Packers in the playoffs. But, the D gave up a big pass to set up the Packers game winning FG
That's a game I was mentioning. Dak has never had a losing season in the NFL. The hate Dak gets is foolish, he isn't an elite QB but he is average and still developing. Not just at the end of games but look what he does in 2 minute situations going into half time

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I know how much they have scored...

Let's take a look at what they scored in their losses compared to Dallas

Eagles - 23, 21, 17, 20, 7

Dallas - 8, 13, 16, 17, 14

Do you see the problem here? Dak has an at least above average offensive line, running game, and good D - he's still at 5-5. Wentz doesn't have a good O-line, virtually no running game, and the defense is banged up and nowhere near what it was last year. Let's also not forget, super bowl hangover is a real thing AND Wentz is coming off an injury that is only 11 months removed.

If you want to mock something? Mock the fans who thought they were a dynasty. I'm sure their team will be good again shortly, however, their D had flaws last year and it almost cost them a super bowl until the final drive.

The Cowboys offense hasn't been a juggarnot in scoring and neither has Philly. Philly's D has not been as great as last season, but they aren't awful and is a big reason why the Eagles even won 4 games.

Wentz a better WR corps and coaching staff over Dak. 4-6.

Dak with lesser talented WR corps, lesser talented TE, With a poorer head coach and inconsistent front office, compared to the front office of the Eagles who receive praise for all of their moves. 5-5.

And again acting like Wentz blaming the supporting cast and giving Wentz a free pass, where as Dak wouldn't be afforded the same benefit of the doubt and where having an good RB is used against him, while not having one is used to credit Wentz.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The Cowboys offense hasn't been a juggarnot in scoring and neither has Philly. Philly's D has not been as great as last season, but they aren't awful and is a big reason why the Eagles even won 4 games.

Wentz a better WR corps and coaching staff over Dak. 4-6.

Dak with lesser talented WR corps, lesser talented TE, With a poorer head coach and inconsistent front office, compared to the front office of the Eagles who receive praise for all of their moves. 5-5.

And again acting like Wentz blaming the supporting cast and giving Wentz a free pass, where as Dak wouldn't be afforded the same benefit of the doubt and where having an good RB is used against him, while not having one is used to credit Wentz.

Except Philly is NEEDING Wentz to throw the ball and score. They can't do it anyway else, that's how depleted and bad that team is playing at nearly every front.

So what is the excuse with Dak? No receivers? Okay, he still has a good running game and offensive line and a defense keeping teams to low scoring.

I don't see how anyone can look at this and believe this is a huge positive. We are 5-5 while having the #3 defense when it comes to points against us. This is not good, it means the offense is letting us down greatly.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
HNXssSW.jpg
Lol

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Except Philly is NEEDING Wentz to throw the ball and score. They can't do it anyway else, that's how depleted and bad that team is playing at nearly every front.

So what is the excuse with Dak? No receivers? Okay, he still has a good running game and offensive line and a defense keeping teams to low scoring.

I don't see how anyone can look at this and believe this is a huge positive. We are 5-5 while having the #3 defense when it comes to points against us. This is not good, it means the offense is letting us down greatly.
HNXssSW.jpg

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Corners needs to win their one on one matchups...

We need our front 4 to keep steady pressure on Brees...

BONUS!! would be David Irving being back for this game and having him rush up the middle with his long arms and deflect passes from the shorter Brees

The bold is key.
No pressure, our corners can be on them like flypaper. No corner can cover forever.
We have to get pressure and sacks.