Dak Won't be able to get Cooper the ball

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I had hope...............

Our defense looks amazing , we haven't had a defense like this since i dont know when .

LVE is looking like a beast , can't be happier with our defense.

I see a lot of talent on our offense, A LOT .

Again, ... it saddens me to say that with this coaching staff , all our talent is wasting .

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Most of the long gains were short to midrange passes in which bad tackling led to inflated passing yards so let’s just be real about that. Like others have said it’s all Cooper and very little Prescott on those plays. I’m sure continued games against pathetic NFC East opponents will continue these numbers.

However, Dak’s rushing touchdown was very, I dare say, very Romoesque
I understand the sentiment but Romo didn't have the strength (at any point in his career) to pull off some of the stuff Dak did yesterday (and this is coming from a guy who loves Romo).

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Our defense looks amazing , we haven't had a defense like this since i dont know when .

LVE is looking like a beast , can't be happier with our defense.

I see a lot of talent on our offense, A LOT .

Again, ... it saddens me to say that with this coaching staff , all our talent is wasting .
Baby steps. Haha. Nice talkin' to ya, man.

shabazz

Reaction score
and yet Dak could have sealed the end of the game with that pass to Gallup at the end of the game but threw it short. Cooper's route running and YAC are winning right now. Dak is playing fine but I feel this is as good as it gets with Dak. Those passes, Dak had time to throw. He still struggles making quick decisions.

Exactly and as we all saw he motioned to Gallup with his left hand that the throw was going deep, but alas the Dinkster came up withyet another short throw. Some will have us believe that his backpedaling caused a short pass. Than the next question would be, why call for and than attempt a deep pass at that point. Agendas aside, we must employ critical thinking at times rather than “ emotional cop outs”

shabazz

Reaction score
I understand the sentiment but Romo didn't have the strength (at any point in his career) to pull off some of the stuff Dak did yesterday (and this is coming from a guy who loves Romo).

Romo has repeatedly pulled off runs like that in his career. As a matter of fact after the Dak rushing Td Troy was laughing at how bad the Commanders tackling was on that play. Looked almost robotic and slow motion but still great to see it!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
and yet Dak could have sealed the end of the game with that pass to Gallup at the end of the game but threw it short.

And how do we know Gallup didn't run farther than the pass was intended for? Which is more likely, a rookie receiver ran the wrong route or your 2 1/2 year veteran quarterback threw to the wrong spot? And a receiver in his 10th NFL game has perfect understanding of how far Dak wanted him to run? Miscommunications happen, last night I saw Brees miss a wide open receiver on a set route. It happens, we won the game, never been a perfect game by any quarterback.

You can't just say because the pass was short it's automatically the quarterback's fault, or that it's the receiver's fault. It was incomplete, that's all we really know..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Exactly and as we all saw he motioned to Gallup with his left hand that the throw was going deep, but alas the Dinkster came up withyet another short throw. Some will have us believe that his backpedaling caused a short pass. Than the next question would be, why call for and than attempt a deep pass at that point. Agendas aside, we must employ critical thinking at times rather than “ emotional cop outs”
Keep digging into that one play he was under pressure. Jesus you haters are lazy.
There were other throws NOT under pressure he screwed up, but you pick the one where they play broke down.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak hit 70% of his passes, completed passed to 8 different receivers, and all some can say is "he missed Gallup on that throw", or he made some bad decisions.

Just what's good enough for Dak, as far as his passing is concerned? 75% completions? 80%? Never ever miss an open receiver?

Good luck finding someone who can do that...
There are certain people that wouldn’t give Dak credit even if he won the Super Bowl. Discussing Dak with these individuals is a futile waste of time.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Romo has repeatedly pulled off runs like that in his career. As a matter of fact after the Dak rushing Td Troy was laughing at how bad the Commanders tackling was on that play. Looked almost robotic and slow motion but still great to see it!
Hahaha! No.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Try and stay on topic. Not sure what the play to Gallup has to do with Cooper?

And if you notice, since you brought him up, Dak and Gallup are just not on the the same page. 42.9% catch percentage. I put a huge chunk of this failure on Gallup. Drops, bad routes and not looking for the ball. Dak has had some misses too but Dak is clearly not comfortable throwing to him.

For some reason I believe Sanjay lal is a crapfest.

shabazz

Reaction score
Keep digging into that one play he was under pressure. Jesus you haters are lazy.
There were other throws NOT under pressure he screwed up, but you pick the one where they play broke down.

I agree 100 percent. There were other throws not under pressure he screwed up. We agree!

Ken

Reaction score
I agree 100 percent. There were other throws not under pressure he screwed up. We agree!
Nice job shabazz... with your narrow viewpoint, you can never be wrong.

Dak has to have a perfect qbr to prove you wrong...and even then...there are things you can harp on.

Well done sir. Well done.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Encouraging production so far for sure-- and the best news is that the tape that is going to go out after these 3 weeks is going to scare DCs into having to cover Cooper more, which then opens things up for Zeke and everyone else. Having a legit outside threat is a game changer for this offense as teams will be more reluctant to simply stack the box and eliminate Zeke.

Also encouraging-- Dak and Coop are at the very front end of forming their chemistry together. The more they practice and play together-- the better they will play.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The haters said...resoundingly.

After 4 games...a comparison:

In 4 games with Dallas from Dak:

32 targets, 22 catches, 349 yards, 15.9 ypc, 3tds, 5.5rpg, 87.3 ypg, 68.8% catch%.

In 6 games with Oakland from Carr(a REAL qb):

32 targets, 22 catches, 280 yards, 12.7 ypc, 1 td, 3.7 rpg, 46.7 ypg, 68.8% catch %

So in two less games he has already eclipsed his production in Oakland.

Nice. I think people looking at Coopers numbers last year and the first 6 games of this year were vastly overlooking what a complete dumpster fire Oakland is and Carr is not the player he was in 16.

Pants

Reaction score
There are certain people that wouldn’t give Dak credit even if he won the Super Bowl. Discussing Dak with these individuals is a futile waste of time.

49027632.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

32 targets, 22 catches, 349 yards, 15.9 ypc, 3tds, 5.5rpg, 87.3 ypg, 68.8% catch%.

32 targets, 22 catches, 280 yards, 12.7 ypc, 1 td, 3.7 rpg, 46.7 ypg, 68.8% catch %

To be fair, the 90 yard TD and 40 yard TD yesterday, skewed those stats heavily. While I agree Cooper was a great acquisition, and Dak actually seems like a better QB with him, Coop made both of those plays happen.

alicetooljam

Reaction score

So we should be happy to be slightly better than the Raiders? Got it...