Dak Won't be able to get Cooper the ball

Pants

Reaction score
Dak did short-arm a few balls yesterday which frustrated me (ex: the TD pass to Brown), but he also threw some very nice passes to guys in tight spots for catches...there were a few that I couldn't believe he even tossed it in there with the coverage and yet, he did...but, I will take the good with the bad if the end result is a "W"

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
and yet Dak could have sealed the end of the game with that pass to Gallup at the end of the game but threw it short. Cooper's route running and YAC are winning right now. Dak is playing fine but I feel this is as good as it gets with Dak. Those passes, Dak had time to throw. He still struggles making quick decisions.
Dak definitely has room to improve, but I noticed yesterday that he seems to have more confidence in Cooper, and doesn't always wait for him to get open. It looked to me like he was willing to anticipate where Coop was going to be, which is a big step in the right direction.

Angus12

Reaction score
and yet Dak could have sealed the end of the game with that pass to Gallup at the end of the game but threw it short. Cooper's route running and YAC are winning right now. Dak is playing fine but I feel this is as good as it gets with Dak. Those passes, Dak had time to throw. He still struggles making quick decisions.
This is exactly right. He missed an easy TD early when he soft tossed short to a wide open Noah Brown, then like you said, missed a wide open Michael Gallup to slam the door shut on the game. Gallup had roasted the CB, and had a three step cushion. All he had to do was put some air under the throw and let Gallup track it down. Instead, tosses it soft and short and hits the defender.

Dak will sometimes wow you with plays which mostly involve his legs. Then will turn around and botch even the simplest of throws. It's maddening.

robjay04

Reaction score

Every pass isn’t perfect from any QB.

You can take any QB in the league and nitpick plays. The overall game? Good game.

Gallup made the adjustment and should’ve made the catch.

And most of the time..YAC is a result of good passes as well as a receiver making a play.

shabazz

Reaction score
Nice job shabazz... with your narrow viewpoint, you can never be wrong.

Dak has to have a perfect qbr to prove you wrong...and even then...there are things you can harp on.

Well done sir. Well done.

I did say I loved his rushing Td, didn’t I? It was great

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The haters said...resoundingly.

After 4 games...a comparison:

In 4 games with Dallas from Dak:

32 targets, 22 catches, 349 yards, 15.9 ypc, 3tds, 5.5rpg, 87.3 ypg, 68.8% catch%.

In 6 games with Oakland from Carr(a REAL qb):

32 targets, 22 catches, 280 yards, 12.7 ypc, 1 td, 3.7 rpg, 46.7 ypg, 68.8% catch %

So in two less games he has already eclipsed his production in Oakland.

Cooper's performance yesterday was great on several levels. It obviously helped us to a huge win, but just as important to me, it puts the league on notice. Dallas now has a weapon in the passing game, and they can use it.

That will now have an effect on how opposing defenses play against us.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
To be fair, the 90 yard TD and 40 yard TD yesterday, skewed those stats heavily. While I agree Cooper was a great acquisition, and Dak actually seems like a better QB with him, Coop made both of those plays happen.
I agree with this but one thing you have to give Dak credit for on BOTH of those throws is that they were accurate in very tight windows. Those two throws alone defeated the "Dak can only hit wide open WRs" argument. Dak certainly has work to do in his footwork and accuracy but those two throws were on point (and this is coming from a guy who isn't sure Dak is even the answer at QB).

skinsscalper

Reaction score
So we should be happy to be slightly better than the Raiders? Got it...
Slightly better than the Raiders? If you can't see that this team is vastly superior to what Oakland trots out there every week, then you're an idiot.

Reactions: CWR

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Brother, you and I have gone rounds on this before so I'll make this mention onnce and leave it at that. So here it goes:

You don't seem like an idiot but, when you can't make a single post without mentioning Garrett or Linehan you end up looking like the one thought mouth breather that many around here complain about. Expand your message brother because I think you have more to offer to the board than the tired message you've been throwing around since you got here. I know damned well there's more in that noggin' than Linehan and Garrett, brother. Looking forward to reading some of it.

:thumbup:
Tactfully said.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
I agree with this but one thing you have to give Dak credit for on BOTH of those throws is that they were accurate in very tight windows. Those two throws alone defeated the "Dak can only hit wide open WRs" argument. Dak certainly has work to do in his footwork and accuracy but those two throws were on point (and this is coming from a guy who isn't sure Dak is even the answer at QB).

The completion on the 90 yard TD was probably Dak's best throw of the game.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Slightly better than the Raiders? If you can't see that this team is vastly superior to what Oakland trots out there every week, then you're an idiot.

In regard to Cooper production with who he has around him in comparison? Im not the one failing with reading comprehension here.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree, they were very good throws.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

How short could that ball to Gallup have been. It was in both hands.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

32 targets, 22 catches, 349 yards, 15.9 ypc, 3tds, 5.5rpg, 87.3 ypg, 68.8% catch%.

32 targets, 22 catches, 280 yards, 12.7 ypc, 1 td, 3.7 rpg, 46.7 ypg, 68.8% catch %

Man get this creative bs the flip outta here. Until yesterday Cooper was putting up Dez last year. U hers hence why you wasn't doing this thread before. Take these altered by the monster game stats all the way the hell outta here.

p_tubbs

Reaction score
and yet Dak could have sealed the end of the game with that pass to Gallup at the end of the game but threw it short. Cooper's route running and YAC are winning right now. Dak is playing fine but I feel this is as good as it gets with Dak. Those passes, Dak had time to throw. He still struggles
making quick decisions.

Smdh, some people can never be satisfied.

foofighters

Reaction score
Why would you feel a very raw rookie in the middle of his third year, with questionable coaching has reached his peak?
Patterns, that's why. I said Dak is fine. I also agree that coaching is limiting the team as a whole. Better coaching can help the team over come its issues.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I will say this , i saw dak struggle with garretts caoching scheme and playbook .

Dak was scrumbling all over and waiting for receivers to break routes.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score

LOL-the haters are losing momentum.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How short could that ball to Gallup have been. It was in both hands.
Because of extreme effort by Gallup to stop and come back through the defender. That was a bad throw, brother....but not as bad as the easy TD he shorted...or the McNabb like skipper, when he lost his footing for no reason.

Other than those, he played a decent game though.