Twitter: Dak working hard on technique & passing for 3rd year in a row

cowboyed

Reaction score
It looks that way, but I think it's more that he's got big feet. Plus, he does have a husky/LB build and not some skinny/wimpy normal QB build.

I am with you bro'. Heavy feet, what about his elephant legs??? Most certainly he has sizable feet, proportionate to his base and height, otherwise he would look like he had a set of hooves. What's next Dak has the longest toe nails in the league?

Sure there are quarterbacks fleeter of foot. Dak is quick enough and is stout. Reminds me of Donovan McNabb, physically and seemingly more durable. Bottom line is he keeps working on his technique deficiencies and it is fair to state he is improving every season. Mike McCarthy is totally sold on him, so what else is there to say.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I am with you bro'. Heavy feet, what about his elephant legs??? Most certainly he has sizable feet, proportionate to his base and height, otherwise he would look like he had a set of hooves. What's next Dak has the longest toe nails in the league?

Sure there are quarterbacks fleeter of foot. Dak is quick enough and is stout. Reminds me of Donovan McNabb, physically and seemingly more durable. Bottom line is he keeps working on his technique deficiencies and it is fair to state he is improving every season. Mike McCarthy is totally sold on him so what else is there to say.
Exactly, brother!

:hammer:

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Dak's pregame routine for 2020
tenor.gif

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Not true. Romo worked on improving his skills until the day he retired. All good players do. A lot of times that "getting fat" from getting a contract coincides with the same time-frame that the body's metabolism slows down a bit.

Dak will get paid and still work hard to improve his game. It's called having a competitive spirit. Sure, he might put on some pounds in the future, but again, a lot of that will probably stem from metabolism.
Not true, Romo started working hard after he got married, and the wife put her foot down.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
He has heavy feet.

You're someone that heard a term used at some point and decided now was the time to use it without knowing if it fits. A player, doesn't have to be a QB, who has heavy feet is a player who does not move well and/or is slow. That doesn't apply to Prescott. He moves well in fact there are many who say that the Cowboys should take more advantage of Prescott's running ability.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
So I guess this means his two injuries are healed, great!!!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I Love Dak but other GMs get to see this stuff. There is 1 or 2 bold/dumb enough GMs out there to drive the price up!!

But every other GM won;'t have the chance to bid on Prescott and drive the price up. Either the Cowboys get him signed to a long term contract or they exclusive franchise tag him and in both cases no other GM gets to drive up the price.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You're someone that heard a term used at some point and decided now was the time to use it without knowing if it fits. A player, doesn't have to be a QB, who has heavy feet is a player who does not move well and/or is slow. That doesn't apply to Prescott. He moves well in fact there are many who say that the Cowboys should take more advantage of Prescott's running ability.

I am the biggest Dak supporter in all of Cowboys nation, but he simply isn't nimble enough in the pocket with his feet. Do you want some reality tissues? Relative to the better QB's he has heavy feet. He is a big guy. Stepping up in the pocket is his biggest weakness and knowing when to take off through the pocket. Maybe his feet are a part of that, maybe they aren't. Part of the lack of running is Dak's fault as he doesn't step through the pocket and pick up yards when the play is covered like he should. A lack or true running plays for the QB is the other.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Looked like he was throwing off the back of his feet on a couple of them throws instead of stepping into the throw. But I don’t know exactly what he was working on in the drills. Hope he continues to improve.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait. Why is he not in Cabo? Isn't that where all great QBs go during their off time?

Brady is there, and Dak did not want to take away all the attention. He wants to stay focused until he balks at the franchise tag.