Twitter: Dak working hard on technique & passing for 3rd year in a row

aikemirv

Reaction score
I am the biggest Dak supporter in all of Cowboys nation, but he simply isn't nimble enough in the pocket with his feet. Do you want some reality tissues? Relative to the better QB's he has heavy feet. He is a big guy. Stepping up in the pocket is his biggest weakness and knowing when to take off through the pocket. Maybe his feet are a part of that, maybe they aren't. Part of the lack of running is Dak's fault as he doesn't step through the pocket and pick up yards when the play is covered like he should. A lack or true running plays for the QB is the other.
Spot on.

pete026

Reaction score
You're someone that heard a term used at some point and decided now was the time to use it without knowing if it fits. A player, doesn't have to be a QB, who has heavy feet is a player who does not move well and/or is slow. That doesn't apply to Prescott. He moves well in fact there are many who say that the Cowboys should take more advantage of Prescott's running ability.
His feet look fat.......is that better?

Hadenough

Reaction score
You're someone that heard a term used at some point and decided now was the time to use it without knowing if it fits. A player, doesn't have to be a QB, who has heavy feet is a player who does not move well and/or is slow. That doesn't apply to Prescott. He moves well in fact there are many who say that the Cowboys should take more advantage of Prescott's running ability.
Daks feet could be a weapon if he would just be more decisive about when to tuck the ball and take off. He waits a little too long and then panics.

817Gill

Reaction score
I am the biggest Dak supporter in all of Cowboys nation, but he simply isn't nimble enough in the pocket with his feet. Do you want some reality tissues? Relative to the better QB's he has heavy feet. He is a big guy. Stepping up in the pocket is his biggest weakness and knowing when to take off through the pocket. Maybe his feet are a part of that, maybe they aren't. Part of the lack of running is Dak's fault as he doesn't step through the pocket and pick up yards when the play is covered like he should. A lack or true running plays for the QB is the other.
I don’t think he’s too heavy footed to step up, he loves the spin out move which takes more fleet footedness to pull off anyways. I think the stepping up is more of a mental thing, we saw him do it more this year but he def needs get into the mental habit of going forwards not backwards in the pocket. To be too slow physically to step up would be a retireable offense lol, even 42/43 year old brees and Brady can step up and they are as slow as it gets

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Daks feet could be a weapon if he would just be more decisive about when to tuck the ball and take off. He waits a little too long and then panics.

That IF true is not having heavy feet though.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Each Prescott thread presents an opportunity for some members to take repetitively redundant cracks at Romo.

Each Romo thread presents an opportunity for some members to take repetitively redundant cracks at Prescott.

Vicious cycle.

Praxit

Reaction score
..yep, I'll be working OT, DT, TT KT and AT, knowing I got Lotto money coming up. ;)

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Each Prescott thread presents an opportunity for some members to take repetitively redundant cracks at Romo.

Each Romo thread presents an opportunity for some members to take repetitively redundant cracks at Prescott.

Vicious cycle.
They're in abusive relationships with their team's QB.
I've seen this before in battered spouses.

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I am at the Star waiting for the tour to start. I am going to see for myself just how dedicated Dak is. He better be here working out.
HAve a great time my friend! My envy is seeping through your phone.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This is great! Of course, many of us knew he'd be working hard in the off-season to improve. I hope he has an expert to help him learn reading defenses faster, too. I'm sure he does, but I'd like to know who he has doing it. Granted, I don't know how one teaches that rather than just experiencing it and learning from that.

I also hope MM modifies the offense to fit Dak rather than trying to force Dak into a different offensive mold. In any case, I hope he and the receivers get together a lot after the draft to practice being on the same page and get used to each other at full speed.
Kitna had alot to do with Daks improvement.

Romo was the guy Dak listened to.

After Romo left, Dak was a different QB.

So as soon as Dak finally improves with Kitna, we fire him.

:huh:

I want to believe Moore is the driving force. But I have my doubts. I think as McCarthy gets familiar with his personnel, he will do more playcalling in order to direct the offense.

My biggest issue with Moore was his playcalling in the Redzone and short yardage plays. Uncreative and predictable. Too many 3 nd outs. Too many very long FGs missed.

McCarthy is going to have to earn his contract fixing our scoring short circuits.

Last edited:

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
At least hes putting in the work. He continues to improve (accuracy, footwork, timing, reading defenses) every season. Remember when some Zoners said that Tebow was his ceiling??? Fun times!

clff15701

Reaction score
I dont know If I would post those videos. His footwork is terrible.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak has always been a player with an outstanding work ethic. Like many others, I'm hoping it's enough to elevate him to bigger and better things. It's no secret that his accuracy has long been in question by most of his critics. He seemed to have made a certain degree of improvement last year in that area, although the consistency has been questionable, at times, under pressure. Of course, this is what separates the elite ones from those that fall short of that plateau. I think it promises to be interesting to see if he'll continue to improve or not. ;)