Dak, Zeke, Cooper, Lawrence, Jaylon Smith, Jones, 2XCollins, Beasley, Brown. Who are you keeping?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
DAL is 75m to 90m under the cap this year

The only big deals they have due are DLaw and maybe Beasley

Dak, Zeke, Cooper and BJones are under contract

Any deals with be next year when we are 120m under the cap and they will be staggered to hit farther down the road

Lee, Crawford and Collins will be gone soon enough

There are NO WORRIES at all with the cap , now or next year..... then a new CBA will be in play after 2020

You think Dak and Zeke are going to play out their contracts? Gurley gets locked up but Zeke has to wait? I doubt it.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You think Dak and Zeke are going to play out their contracts? Gurley gets locked up but Zeke has to wait? I doubt it.
If they don't the first couple years will be low cap hits

Dak is not starting with 25m cap hits

Romo only had a cap over 15m once on a 108m deal

Zeke has a 5th year option for 2020.... he doesn't need a new deal until 2021

Cooper already counts for 14m next year..... an extension will lower it
BJones has a 6.2m number for 2019

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
After watching this fiasco that is unfolding with this FO I wouldn't them if they ALL chose to leave this circus.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Its why the fan base is flat after the loss to the Rams, not just because we lost the game, but because now was the time to win if you look at it from an economics point of view.
Without looking it up, Dak was what, about 750k this year?
With this current coaching staff, and resigning Dak to a 20 mil plus per season contract, even the blind can see the dam is about to break.
I don't want to turn this into another love/hate Dak thread, but I would rather make an economics decision and dip back into the draft for another QB at this point.
I like Dak, don't love him, but I want to absolutely love my 25 million dollar a year franchise QB.
We draft really well, so if we were to let Dak leave, might as well cut bait with Zeke to.
Keep investing in the defense, and draft for the offense, because I don't see Jones making any radical coaching staff changes.

Go post. I agree with a lot of this, except I'd keep Zeke.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Might? Super bowl.

Ya jeez just like last season when Zeke went out for 6 games we tore it up with 15 consecutive Quarters with 0 TD.....Superbowl here we come baby!!!!! Heeee Hawwww :omg:

Jerry the 1st contract you sign is Zeke's.......you hear me Jerry!!!!

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Ya jeez just like last season when Zeke went out for 6 games we tore it up with 15 consecutive Quarters with 0 TD.....Superbowl here we come baby!!!!! Heeee Hawwww :omg:

Jerry the 1st contract you sign is Zeke's.......you hear me Jerry!!!!

Lol man your ignorance always shines so bright.

Alright mamacita, here you.

1. Since beginning of 2017 do we average more points per game with or without Zeke?
2. Since beginning of 2017 do we average more yards per play with or without Zeke?

Go get 90% of Zeke's production by drafting an RB in the 4th and signing a mid tier vet and use the saved cap on positions that actually matter.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Go post. I agree with a lot of this, except I'd keep Zeke.
You ole spankmeister,, I agree with keeping Zeke, If it came down to Dak vs Zeke, I think I would have to go Zeke, but I could live going forward with neither.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol man your ignorance always shines so bright.

Alright mamacita, here you.

1. Since beginning of 2017 do we average more points per game with or without Zeke?
2. Since beginning of 2017 do we average more yards per play with or without Zeke?

Go get 90% of Zeke's production by drafting an RB in the 4th and signing a mid tier vet and use the saved cap on positions that actually matter.

You are the "King" of ignorance....and your Dak-Crush even has you degrading the only true offense(Zeke) that defenses fear....amazing simply amazing...:omg:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
You are the "King" of ignorance....and your Dak-Crush even has you degrading the only true offense(Zeke) that defenses fear....amazing simply amazing...:omg:
Of course you didn't answer the questions because youre..... ignorant.

Doesnt matter how many emojis you use, doesnt make you look any less stupid lmao

And if you had answered the questions correctly you'd know that Zeke is far from our only offense, but I can guarantee you're going to just remain ignorant.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course you didn't answer the questions because youre..... ignorant.

Doesnt matter how many emojis you use, doesnt make you look any less stupid lmao

And if you had answered the questions correctly you'd know that Zeke is far from our only offense, but I can guarantee you're going to just remain ignorant.

Ok Quincy Carter who was another QB success story for us just like Dak.....Your Hate has made you a blind man you have my sincere sympathies!

The Realist

Reaction score
All this talk of Cap Space is folly. Dallas has so many 3,4,5 year players that are going to get paid. The reality is Dallas has next to no Cap Space if they look to sign their own guys. 2019 - Only Beasley and Lawrence need new contracts. 2020 is rough because lots of impact players are due.

The narrative out of Dallas was that this was one of the youngest teams to make the playoffs ever. They broadcast that to keep the fan base hooked. The reality is they can't keep all of their impact players. Too many big contracts will need to be handed out over the next couple years. This is why I think they need a better coach. That they were not able to take advantage of a 4th round contract starting QB is a big crime.

For my money - Beasley is absolutely a goner. I would also get ready for life without Zeke.

Dak, Zeke, Lawrence, Cooper, Jaylon. Other than that you collect comp picks for Collins 2x, Brown and Beasley and keep on drafting. Get ready this year by draft DT in 3 and OT in 4.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Ok Quincy Carter who was another QB success story for us just like Dak.....Your Hate has made you a blind man you have my sincere sympathies!

Why you so butthurt my dude? Lmao. Just chill, it's not that serious.
It's not the first time you've looked bad and definitely won't be the last.

Mamacita everything is going to be okay.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
All this talk of Cap Space is folly. Dallas has so many 3,4,5 year players that are going to get paid. The reality is Dallas has next to no Cap Space if they look to sign their own guys. 2019 - Only Beasley and Lawrence need new contracts. 2020 is rough because lots of impact players are due.

The narrative out of Dallas was that this was one of the youngest teams to make the playoffs ever. They broadcast that to keep the fan base hooked. The reality is they can't keep all of their impact players. Too many big contracts will need to be handed out over the next couple years. This is why I think they need a better coach. That they were not able to take advantage of a 4th round contract starting QB is a big crime.

For my money - Beasley is absolutely a goner. I would also get ready for life without Zeke.
Zeke is a must keep.
Dak is a must.
Cooper is a must.
Jaylon is a must.
Both Collins are toss-ups.
Beezy is going to be expensive, he's gone.
Anthony Brown is a solid corner, and don't expect he'll be too expensive. Would keep him at a reasonable price.

Lawrence is likely the guy with the most trade value, and likely the most expensive outside of Dak. I would explore trading him.

Eddie

Reaction score
5th year option for Zeke, and then he's gone.

Too many miles on a RB. No way we give a long term contract to a RB. Once they hit the wall, it's bad.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Without Zeke how will Dak survive? As I see it when Zeke is rolling so is Dak. We saw last year for 6 games what life is like for Dak without Zeke.

CWR

Reaction score
All but Beasley and maybe both Collins. Brown is a big maybe. Jones will depend on his price and performance next year. The other guys are core players.