Dak's advancement

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
no, PFF stats aren't my measure....its Dak Lover's go to measure...so I was showing them what they used, ranks Dak as average...I don't need PFF to tell me that...

he is QB of the cowboys....there are no other options. I am not whining. seems like Dak lovers are whining about anyone making criticism of Dak. I stated facts about Dak. seems it bothers you and Dak lovers more than anybody else.

You say "Dak lovers use...." and list about 50 different things Dak people use to defend him to prove you wrong(while you have to grasp at straws in order to try and make a valid point), it's almost like if all these things are telling you he's a good QB then....... MAYBE HE IS!?!?
Wow what a thought lmao.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You say "Dak lovers use...." and list about 50 different things Dak people use to defend him to prove you wrong(while you have to grasp at straws in order to try and make a valid point), it's almost like if all these things are telling you he's a good QB then....... MAYBE HE IS!?!?
Wow what a thought lmao.
smh....you are driveling meaningless spins here? in the million threads on Dak, Dak lovers like you have pointed to PFF on a regular basis to prove your points...I use your favorite source and now you spin and complain that I am using it!!! all you Dak Lovers need to get together and spin a story together..... I don't need PFF to tell me Dak is average. my eyes tell me that. results tell me that.

what's painfully obvious is that Dak is an average middle of the pack QB....has some good traits. lacks in other areas......your favorite sources tell you the same thing (but now you are whining about your favorite source)... the stats tell you the same thing..... not sure why that's not clear to all you Dak Lovers....who seem to be more of a Dak fan, than Cowboys fan.....given you have trashed everyone on the team, in defending Dak.

btw, why do you take calling Dak average as a personal insult (or seemingly so)....what's wrong with Dak being average? why so vehemently trying to put Dak into an Elite QB category? and funny thing is when people compare Dak to these Elite QBs and he falls short, you all spin and say, hey they are comparing Dak to Elite QBs...

and the old go to move by Dak Lovers...he is only been in the league 3 years.....

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
smh....you are driveling meaningless spins here? in the million threads on Dak, Dak lovers like you have pointed to PFF on a regular basis to prove your points...I use your favorite source and now you spin and complain that I am using it!!! all you Dak Lovers need to get together and spin a story together..... I don't need PFF to tell me Dak is average. my eyes tell me that. results tell me that.

what's painfully obvious is that Dak is an average middle of the pack QB....has some good traits. lacks in other areas......your favorite sources tell you the same thing (but now you are whining about your favorite source)... the stats tell you the same thing..... not sure why that's not clear to all you Dak Lovers....who seem to be more of a Dak fan, than Cowboys fan.....given you have trashed everyone on the team, in defending Dak.

btw, why do you take calling Dak average as a personal insult (or seemingly so)....what's wrong with Dak being average? why so vehemently trying to put Dak into an Elite QB category? and funny thing is when people compare Dak to these Elite QBs and he falls short, you all spin and say, hey they are comparing Dak to Elite QBs...

and the old go to move by Dak Lovers...he is only been in the league 3 years.....

1. PFF is far from my favorite source, I discredit their overall player grades often. You're losing even more credibility by lying.

2. Not putting Dak in the elite category, never have. Again another lie. I have no problem with you calling Dak average, if that's what you were actually saying.

3. "And the old", There you go again with more stuff that proves our point LMAO, "and the old" "Dak lovers use" "these are credible points but I dont have anything better to say". And the old I'm not smart enough to understand that having an average QB after only three years is a positive thing.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
We are in the same boat as the Commanders were with Cousins. Both later round picks, and teams waiting around for them to show if they can consistently be above average. But the question that needs to be asked is if not Prescott then who? We don't have any plan B, so the only option is to pay Prescott and hope he's more gentle than Cousins was to the Commanders.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
1. PFF is far from my favorite source, I discredit their overall player grades often. You're losing even more credibility by lying.

2. Not putting Dak in the elite category, never have. Again another lie. I have no problem with you calling Dak average, if that's what you were actually saying.

3. "And the old", There you go again with more stuff that proves our point LMAO, "and the old" "Dak lovers use" "these are credible points but I dont have anything better to say". And the old I'm not smart enough to understand that having an average QB after only three years is a positive thing.
I think then you need to talk to your buddies.....you all spin things in a different way...I use what you guys use, now you whine about that....

if you are not putting Dak at elite level, then what are you b!tching about..... Dak is average. no one said he is trash....and yes, that is what I am saying...but some of your Dak Lover buddies take issue with that....I have said this a 100+ times...nothing wrong with being average.

you last point, was just b!tching about something you can't even explain what..... so we leave it be....

btw, you are jumping on one thread, one response without having read the entirety of the debate with certain clueless individuals and coming to some conclusions because you want to drive some point and prove posters wrong, because you want to win an argument...at least that's what it seems like....

its like walking in the middle of a conversation and coming to a conclusion in the first minute!!!! kind of dumb.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Dak is average. no one said he is trash.

Really? There have been more than a few who have called Dak trash, have you not see the post that has a picture of Dak looking in a mirror and the mirror shows a bag of trash, e.g.?
Another blatantly says it doesn't matter how many games he's won, or what his stats are, or how good a leader he is, or any other objective measurement, to "his eyes" Dak is horrible, which equates to trash.

While I would classify Dak as slightly above average, I have no problem with someone who has an opinion he's only average. That's debatable, if someone really is a Cowboys fan and at least halfway objective about the team.

But to say no one calls him trash is inaccurate.

But even if he's only average, as we saw in 2016, that can bring the team to a pretty good level, if Dez had held onto that pass (negating the controversy over if it was a catch), then the Cowboys could very well have made the SB, and that's nothing to sneeze at, success breeds success to at least some degree.

And coaching matters, what did the Bucs do before Gruden arrived? Not much, but he got there and immediately won a SB. Sure he got a pretty good team, but you can't argue the fact that he won the SB one year after Dungy's team went 9-7 and lost the wild card game.

It remains to be seen if Linehan was a big part of the team's mediocrity, but as the Gruden hiring showed, coaching can be the difference maker...

Nav22

Reaction score
2016 he had Zeke, with over 2000 total yards. one of the best all time OLs..... Dez and Witten.

2017, without zeke, 3-3 and couldn't get to 10 points in 3 of those games.....

again, from those two years alone, its obvious that when Dak is given top resources, he can lead them to victory...no one has ever argued that.
So you won’t answer my question about his defense those years? I wonder why!
:lmao2:

Nav22

Reaction score
well, since you seem to trust PFF so much....they ranked Prescott the 18th best QB

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...ighest-graded-quarterbacks-in-the-nfl-in-2018

too funny
LOL umm, YOU brought up PFF, not me.

I looked up the PFF OL rankings because I knew you were full of garbage yet again.

“Top 10 according to PFF!!!”

You lied about their ranking because you’re a liar and a buffoon. The OL was ranked 14th by PFF.

I exposed your BS yet again, then predictably you weren’t man enough to admit you were wrong.

Coward.

Nav22

Reaction score
2018, cowboys ranked 6th on defense.

2017 below average

2016, top 5 scoring defense. top 15 over all defense.

which again, proves what I have been saying the whole time. give Dak a very strong supporting cast and he can win. when he doesn't have the strongest supporting cast, he struggles and he is average.

not sure what point you were trying to make with this response, since you are seemingly following my line of logic....

and those laughing emoji's make you look dumb.....

and PFF, which you just quoted as having ranked the OL 14th..... rated Dak as 18th best QB in the league....
So with garbage around him he STILL went 9-7? Wow! And when he has some good pieces around him he wins the division?

Yeah, he’s such a scrub! Just like Drew Brees when Brees went 7-9 for 3 straight years!

Keep embarrassing yourself, Bozo!

Nav22

Reaction score
ok, lets say instead of 10 they were 14th....according to PFF.

PFF ranked Prescott as 18th best QB...

so, is PFF accurate? or not? are are you going to use their ranking for the OL to prove your point and dismiss their ranking for the QB?
Again, Bozo, YOU cited PFF and LIED.

I don’t cite PFF for anything other than to expose your bullcrap.

Liar. Know-nothing. Coward.

Your mama and papa must be so proud!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Really? There have been more than a few who have called Dak trash, have you not see the post that has a picture of Dak looking in a mirror and the mirror shows a bag of trash, e.g.?
Another blatantly says it doesn't matter how many games he's won, or what his stats are, or how good a leader he is, or any other objective measurement, to "his eyes" Dak is horrible, which equates to trash.

While I would classify Dak as slightly above average, I have no problem with someone who has an opinion he's only average. That's debatable, if someone really is a Cowboys fan and at least halfway objective about the team.

But to say no one calls him trash is inaccurate.

But even if he's only average, as we saw in 2016, that can bring the team to a pretty good level, if Dez had held onto that pass (negating the controversy over if it was a catch), then the Cowboys could very well have made the SB, and that's nothing to sneeze at, success breeds success to at least some degree.

And coaching matters, what did the Bucs do before Gruden arrived? Not much, but he got there and immediately won a SB. Sure he got a pretty good team, but you can't argue the fact that he won the SB one year after Dungy's team went 9-7 and lost the wild card game.

It remains to be seen if Linehan was a big part of the team's mediocrity, but as the Gruden hiring showed, coaching can be the difference maker...

I don't follow every posters' views on players....but seemingly Dak Lovers being sensitive do.....I haven't called him trash....so there are those who call him elite, there are those who call him trash, he is somewhere in between, which makes him average :)

btw, Dungy won a superbowl in Indy..... and yes he left a lot of talent for Gruden....subsequently Tampa went down hill fast after their superbowl to 7-9 and then 5-11....Dungy build that team and made them into winners...he did the same in Indy (yes he had manning)......... maybe just like the cowboys in 1991 cowboys who went to playoffs, then the next year they made the leap and won superbowl..... Rams went 5-11 then superbowl winners the next year...... I am not sold on gruden being anything special.....he has to prove my opinion wrong with the work he does in oakland

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I am not sold on gruden being anything special.

Me either, just noting that a coaching change happened, and the team did better than before. However we're not getting a new head coach, but an OC, which could be better of course, I'm hopeful that a fresh approach will help the offense.

But your original post was "no one said he is trash..", if you don't follow every poster (of course not, no one does, agreed) then you can only state what you've seen, but as many times as I've seen the garbage bag photo on a post I don't see how you've missed it, but if you haven't, then if you need me to I'll see if I can find it and re-post it...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So you won’t answer my question about his defense those years? I wonder why!
I did...try to keep up...its in another one of your posts whining about the same thing....

too much alcohol is not good for you...try to limit yourself...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
LOL umm, YOU brought up PFF, not me.

I looked up the PFF OL rankings because I knew you were full of garbage yet again.

“Top 10 according to PFF!!!”

You lied about their ranking because you’re a liar and a buffoon. The OL was ranked 14th by PFF.

I exposed your BS yet again, then predictably you weren’t man enough to admit you were wrong.

Coward.
you Dak lovers love PFF...so I used what you Dak lovers like to use. I have used stats from NFL.com and you laughed at those as well, so any source of data that clearly proves you wrong is bad...

so you also jumped on this and said, hey PFF says OL is 14th not 10th...great....if you want to use it as a measure...then Dak was 18th...but you seem not want to use any source except your judgement to make a case...

you are taking this thing a little too seriously...I am concerned you maybe confusing reality and fantasy a bit....

and its funny you have yet to prove you right..... you keep avoiding....hmmmmm

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So with garbage around him he STILL went 9-7? Wow! And when he has some good pieces around him he wins the division?

Yeah, he’s such a scrub! Just like Drew Brees when Brees went 7-9 for 3 straight years!

Keep embarrassing yourself, Bozo!
if you want to call having Zeke for 10 games garbage....your choice....if Dez and Witten are garbage....your choice...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Again, Bozo, YOU cited PFF and LIED.

I don’t cite PFF for anything other than to expose your bullcrap.

Liar. Know-nothing. Coward.

Your mama and papa must be so proud!
ok, you freaking clown, bozo the moron, village idiot....... since I am your real dad that you have not been aware of given that one lustful night I did your mama in the back of my truck and left some donations in every crevis........you better show proper respect to your dad or I will put you on my lap and spank you like I did before.....

see son.....trying to teach you a little thing as you are obviously young and foolish... childish name calling is easy and its stupid and unintelligent thing to do.grow up, it makes you look really desparate trying to detract from the debate because you can't keep up..name calling is a sign of weakness and stupidity.....let this be a free lesson for you...on me....I don't hate you...

...with that said

then if you as a Dak Lover doesn't use PFF, tell me what source you want to quote and I will use that to get to the same conclusion. you Dak lovers like to spin, one day its NFL, the next is ESPN, and the next is PFF. each of you has a different angel and taking all the angels together it falls apart...... its hard to keep up with all you Dak lover spins..spin spin spin spin....one of the Dak Lovers even wanted to exclude an 11 game stretch of his career and called him elite if it wasn't for those 11!!!! I mean come on man......how much can you spin

Nav22

Reaction score
ok, you freaking clown, bozo the moron, village idiot....... since I am your real dad that you have not been aware of given that one lustful night I did your mama in the back of my truck and left some donations in every crevis........you better show proper respect to your dad or I will put you on my lap and spank you like I did before.....

see son.....trying to teach you a little thing as you are obviously young and foolish... childish name calling is easy and its stupid and unintelligent thing to do.grow up, it makes you look really desparate trying to detract from the debate because you can't keep up..name calling is a sign of weakness and stupidity.....let this be a free lesson for you...on me....I don't hate you...

...with that said

then if you as a Dak Lover doesn't use PFF, tell me what source you want to quote and I will use that to get to the same conclusion. you Dak lovers like to spin, one day its NFL, the next is ESPN, and the next is PFF. each of you has a different angel and taking all the angels together it falls apart...... its hard to keep up with all you Dak lover spins..spin spin spin spin....one of the Dak Lovers even wanted to exclude an 11 game stretch of his career and called him elite if it wasn't for those 11!!!! I mean come on man......how much can you spin
Someone’s inferior and embarrassed. Glad I could put you in your place, boy.
:laugh:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Wow what a thought lmao.
I don't have to grasp at straws...what ever source you like to use to defend your Dak Love, I can show you how average he is...nothing I have seen anywhere has shown he is anything but average..... you all are spinners....

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don't follow every posters' views on players....but seemingly Dak Lovers being sensitive do.....I haven't called him trash....so there are those who call him elite, there are those who call him trash, he is somewhere in between, which makes him average :)

btw, Dungy won a superbowl in Indy..... and yes he left a lot of talent for Gruden....subsequently Tampa went down hill fast after their superbowl to 7-9 and then 5-11....Dungy build that team and made them into winners...he did the same in Indy (yes he had manning)......... maybe just like the cowboys in 1991 cowboys who went to playoffs, then the next year they made the leap and won superbowl..... Rams went 5-11 then superbowl winners the next year...... I am not sold on gruden being anything special.....he has to prove my opinion wrong with the work he does in oakland

Actually you’re the one who is generalizing and lumping every poster who is pro Dak into one. Stereotyping what they say about Dak in order to try and make your argument sound stronger.

Which is an incredibly weak way to make an argument. Accuse others of saying things they haven’t and then attack that false point of view.