Dak's advancement

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
There NOT Cowboy fans there Dak Fans.....amazing but then again if you live long enough you will witness that bowl of choco-cherry's with all its flavors....
HA HA HA HA!!!!
Here we go buddy. Barring catastrophic (I've said that in the last hour, haven't I?) injuries across the offense, and I mean catastrophic:
This old boy better produce.
It's Year 4 and he has been given weapons: an improving OL, and it's time to be more than he can be.

Unfortunately, this team is going to commit to him before we see what becomes of this.

And I can't say he will be what I want. Like we know: I missed his rookie year.
I saw his other work.
I was not impressed.

But I get the realities of how this team works and hope for the best... prep for something insanely stupid.

So, there it is: Either Dak becomes what every fan wants, or he doesn't, but the reality is...
Unless someone steps in with some real pull: the reality is we watch this guy, for better, or for worse for a hot minute.

The Golden Lining?
You'll have so much ammo to post with over the days/weeks/months/years...

Pretty sweet, ya?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Now consider this....Dak will have to learn two offenses in four years. If Seany P or Riley come in 2020, he'll have to learn three in five. Thats not grounds for success
I hope Sean Payton never comes here. I don't want someone's leftover fired head coach that the league already scrutinized. I would rather have a young startup innovation. The Prescott situation he's an intelligent young man I think he's more than capable of learning. It's more of the lingo than it is the actual play

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Prescott has 13 4th quarter wins. He is more than capable. From the first snap until the last snap everything in between is called football. Every team in the entire league with score on every single possession. I care about what you do when the game is on the line the most important situation. And that's where Prescott comes through for me.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HA HA HA HA!!!!
Here we go buddy. Barring catastrophic (I've said that in the last hour, haven't I?) injuries across the offense, and I mean catastrophic:
This old boy better produce.
It's Year 4 and he has been given weapons: an improving OL, and it's time to be more than he can be.

Unfortunately, this team is going to commit to him before we see what becomes of this.

And I can't say he will be what I want. Like we know: I missed his rookie year.
I saw his other work.
I was not impressed.

But I get the realities of how this team works and hope for the best... prep for something insanely stupid.

So, there it is: Either Dak becomes what every fan wants, or he doesn't, but the reality is...
Unless someone steps in with some real pull: the reality is we watch this guy, for better, or for worse for a hot minute.

The Golden Lining?
You'll have so much ammo to post with over the days/weeks/months/years...

Pretty sweet, ya?

Can't teach TALENT unfortunately and call me a Sally (lol) but Dak lacks so much of it at the QB position that no matter how much support you give this young man he will still be a below average QB.....Tim Tebow are you listening????

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I love these people that comment and disappear LMAO No Integrity whatsoever

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Can't teach TALENT unfortunately and call me a Sally (lol) but Dak lacks so much of it at the QB position that no matter how much support you give this young man he will still be a below average QB.....Tim Tebow are you listening????
Tim doesn't think of you as anything above scattering paper in the wind.
Sorry.
And as for Dak. I appreciate your conviction, like several others.
You have zero choice, but to sit and watch it. So you, uh...
Have fun! I'll be there with you!

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
13 4th quarter comeback wins with told me that you're wrong. Most Primetime wins than any other quarterback in the last 3 Seasons. Tells me when the pressure is on he's at his best. That's like the fourth quarter. Yes he still learning imagine how good he can be

HungryLion

Reaction score
There NOT Cowboy fans there Dak Fans.....amazing but then again if you live long enough you will witness that bowl of cherry's with all its flavors....

I am 100% a Cowboys fan.

I do find it odd that I have my fandom questioned and get mocked for having a username of and liking the starting QB of the team though.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am 100% a Cowboys fan.

I do find it odd that I have my fandom questioned and get mocked for having a username of and liking the starting QB of the team though.
I never seen so many people I that have reading comprehension issues. This is almost as bad as Facebook. I thought I was coming to a real website Cowboys fan forum what happened to the integrity

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Unless I'm Blind or doing a Forrest Gump he is NOT getting better from his rookie year he's getting WORSE!
The above is true as apple Pie is America....
Now if you wanna wait it out ok bud year 4 coming up at some point the Dak man has to show us he is Franchise material?

The Tale of Dak

Dak was great his rookie season. He played within himself more. I loved when he ran. Totally cool and collected, taking the slide when it was time. And he was just fantastically accurate while he was on the move out of the pocket.

I'm guessing they kept it simple for their 4th string rookie. And he thrived.

In 2017, they seemed to start the season trying to have Dak play like a vet. Lots of pre snap reads. Unhelpful. Too soon. And there were lots of other issues that made the offense worse. The oline had issues. Defenses figured us out. But although Dak's numbers got worse, arguably he was still doing a great job, but under much tougher circumstances.

And then there was the Atlanta game. Nate Newton:
You don't let a young QB get hit like that.​

Nate knew. All coaches used to know this. And as predicted by Nate, the Atlanta game had a lasting negative effect on Dak. His play cratered. It's slowly come back since.

On his rookie contract, we could have run Dak, and let him be his best. As such, he's a huge asset to the team for the cap he saves and the extra dimension he brings that a Brady doesn't. I think easily a top ten QB for peanuts.

But as a franchise QB, paid like one, with maybe 80 million guaranteed into him, you're risking a lot more if you run him, and if you refuse, you're left with a poor pocket passer who costs you so much you can't afford the pieces around him to give the team a chance. A bottom half of the league starting QB that you're tied to for years to come.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How about 2016 and 2017?

Dak went 22-10 in those 2 years. What was his defense ranked?
2016 he had Zeke, with over 2000 total yards. one of the best all time OLs..... Dez and Witten.

2017, without zeke, 3-3 and couldn't get to 10 points in 3 of those games.....

again, from those two years alone, its obvious that when Dak is given top resources, he can lead them to victory...no one has ever argued that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Top-notch D? Go ahead and pull the stats of the Cowboys defense in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Give us their NFL ranks.

You won’t do it because it’ll crush your argument.
:laugh:

With an average defense, an OL 14th or better in the NFL, average weapons and a stud RB, Dak’s won 2/3 of his games. That’s FAR better than average for a QB given those circumstances.

Oh, and don’t we all HATE the coaching staff too??? Or are we putting that aside for now while we trash Dak?
2018, cowboys ranked 6th on defense.

2017 below average

2016, top 5 scoring defense. top 15 over all defense.

which again, proves what I have been saying the whole time. give Dak a very strong supporting cast and he can win. when he doesn't have the strongest supporting cast, he struggles and he is average.

not sure what point you were trying to make with this response, since you are seemingly following my line of logic....

and those laughing emoji's make you look dumb.....

and PFF, which you just quoted as having ranked the OL 14th..... rated Dak as 18th best QB in the league....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What do you have to say about the OL?

Were you right or wrong?

Let’s see if you’re a coward too. We already know you’re a liar and a know-nothing.
ok, lets say instead of 10 they were 14th....according to PFF.

PFF ranked Prescott as 18th best QB...

so, is PFF accurate? or not? are are you going to use their ranking for the OL to prove your point and dismiss their ranking for the QB?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Another pro bowl season by Dak makes the Trolls look silly.
probowl is your measure of success for a QB? you know he wasn't originally on the list, some QBs couldn't be there and Dak got invited.... and I can't believe you use Probowl...that's really desparate and silly

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
probowl is your measure of success for a QB? you know he wasn't originally on the list, some QBs couldn't be there and Dak got invited.... and I can't believe you use Probowl...that's really desparate and silly
And PFF stats are your measure? Anyways, he’s the QB of the Dallas Cowboys so just get use to it and quit the constant whining.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
And PFF stats are your measure? Anyways, he’s the QB of the Dallas Cowboys so just get use to it and quit the constant whining.
no, PFF stats aren't my measure....its Dak Lover's go to measure...so I was showing them what they used, ranks Dak as average...I don't need PFF to tell me that...

he is QB of the cowboys....there are no other options. I am not whining. seems like Dak lovers are whining about anyone making criticism of Dak. I stated facts about Dak. seems it bothers you and Dak lovers more than anybody else.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Let's see how Dak looks this year with a new offensive philosophy, then decide on his future next year when his deal is up.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Let's see how Dak looks this year with a new offensive philosophy, then decide on his future next year when his deal is up.
I don't think its new offensive philosophy, it will be new play calling. slight changes to scheme perhaps, but not a new one.