Dak's advancement

NotForLong

Reaction score
Ok. Everyone knows my approach to Dak. A wait and see approach. It’s clear you’ve seen enough so I can’t argue with your opinion when you have already made your mind up.
Its not that I have made up my mind.

Don't imply I am closed minded. I have seen enough. I don't see anything to give hope. He is what he is.

There were games last year when teams would totally disrespect us and play a brand of High School Football Defense 8-9 in the Box with both CBs cheating on the in routes.

Then Amari came and he exposed the Eagles who still doubted Dal had the ability to reach him.

This opened up the Running game combined with the defense hence the great record. All the while Dak was struggling keeping games close.

Still can't complete a pass inside the 10 yd line so he pouches Zekes Tds .

From college until now Nothning has changed still the same.

So I can't have blind deliberate stupid faith that all of a sudden Dak will improve. He's already great at what he does. . . what got him here.

Mediocre accuracy combined with indecisiveness which he overcompensates by forcing throws that he has no accuracy over.

He is a hinderence . . . point blank

Techsass

Reaction score
After a while it gets depressing and had. Can you imagine being a Cubs fan prior to 2016? Where you are just waiting for the other shoe to drop or the agony of being a Red Sox fan prior to 2004. We're at the point where everyone looks at the Cowboys as a running joke. It's a will we ever win again question as a fan were the Cowboys are good at letting us down. As a fan I don't have any real stake in the team but winning it all and after a while there is no instant gratification. It's just constantly agony.
I get that, but they have been a lot more fun to watch lately. It's to the point where most of us actually assume they'll be legitimate contenders before we start the draft. Too little & way too late for some, but still a glimmer of hope for me.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The Cowboys record is a result of the talent that surrounds Dak . The Cowboys have squandered the career of Zeke thus far.

Take Dak away and the Cowboys have the same record if not better
Take Zeke away and we are picking top 10 every draft

Stop gifting him the credit due Zeke

And stop crediting him with all those rushing TD's he's a TD culture who can't rely on his arm in the red zone.

Ps .That Green Bay game and that deficit we were in from the beginning I put that on Dak

Lol of course the deficit was on Dak.

Not the other offensive players who committed bad penalties.

Not the defense that didn’t even slow Rodgers down the first 3 drives. But on Dak alone.

Lol

Johnny23

Reaction score
I get that, but they have been a lot more fun to watch lately. It's to the point where most of us actually assume they'll be legitimate contenders before we start the draft. Too little & way too late for some, but still a glimmer of hope for me.
I understand. I am grateful we aren't Lions fans or something like that. There is a flickering of hope I agree.

InTheZone

Reaction score
stop, no one is rooting for him to fail. That means our team is going to struggle more than they have. I simply don't understand the personal emotional attachment to an average QB. Half the games are just a pain to watch on offense, very reminiscent of Dave Campo days and we had our first offensive shutout since then with the greatest QB of all time behind center.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Instant gratification? I am 39 years out when Dallas won Super Bowl 30 I had just turned 16 and was a freshman in high School. It's a full generation ago that we won, oldies radio stations are playing Boys to Men, Jodeci, and Dr. Dre songs in rotation now.

I think the statute of limitations on this are up false notion. You and @Rockport are way off.
Please speak English.

Nav22

Reaction score
What's the psychology behind this type of post. You want to give a terrible QB a large chunk of the salary cap just to spite other fans. Fans that can see the obvious deficiencies and pray that this fraud is removed from the team.

Dak is a train wreck at QB that has held this team back. This teams win lose record is in direct relation to the talent at all the other positions.
Hahahahaahhaah we’re SO loaded that even with a crappy QB we went 32-16 over 3 years??? Do you watch football?

Yeah, this Cowboys team is LOADED with talent around Dak! Never mind the defense that was trampled to the tune of 273 rush yds in the playoff loss!

We must have the best front office and coaching staff in the league!

Wait, what’s that??? Everyone hates Jerry/Stephen and Garrett too??? Hmmmmmm......

Dak’s a terrific leader and a damn good QB. He’s winning at life and you’re clearly losing. His rich new deal and your subsequent tears will be VERY satisfying. YUMMY!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its not that I have made up my mind.

Don't imply I am closed minded. I have seen enough. I don't see anything to give hope. He is what he is.

There were games last year when teams would totally disrespect us and play a brand of High School Football Defense 8-9 in the Box with both CBs cheating on the in routes.

Then Amari came and he exposed the Eagles who still doubted Dal had the ability to reach him.

This opened up the Running game combined with the defense hence the great record. All the while Dak was struggling keeping games close.

Still can't complete a pass inside the 10 yd line so he pouches Zekes Tds .

From college until now Nothning has changed still the same.

So I can't have blind deliberate stupid faith that all of a sudden Dak will improve. He's already great at what he does. . . what got him here.

Mediocre accuracy combined with indecisiveness which he overcompensates by forcing throws that he has no accuracy over.

He is a hinderence . . . point blank
So you say don’t imply you are close minded but then say your mind is made up lol. And for no accuracy he seems to be able to make defenses look foolish at times. Crazy how that works.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I don't think so. Dallas can wait one more year and place a Transition tag on him. There, instantly cheaper than if you paid him this year.
Every year the price goes up. Yes it will be more expensive to sign Dak to a contract next season or the season after. The market only goes up. In a year or two Dak will get over 30 million a year and those are facts.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every year the price goes up. Yes it will be more expensive to sign Dak to a contract next season or the season after. The market only goes up. In a year or two Dak will get over 30 million a year and those are facts.
:muttley: Ya sure and Pigs can fly bud.......one question bud..... you sure your watching our games the last 2 years??

Flamma

Reaction score

Ok, you have to understand there has to be a market, right? Someone has to want to sign him for that price, right? The market is not a void, someone has to occupy that market. If no one else is offering my QB 30 Mil a year then I'm not paying him that. I would transition tag him next year and see what his market price is. I can guarantee you it's not anywhere near 30 Mil. The market simply isn't there for a QB of his caliber. All Dallas would have to do is match a price of 17-20 Mil a year.

morat1959

Reaction score
If that is fact, that does not mean they cannot be a true contender. They're not that far off the higher rated teams in the NFC.

They put a lesser team around Staubach and Aikman and maybe the team is lucky to have one or two rings. Too much focus and reliance on QB's by fans, Brees and Rodgers have one ring each while E Manning and Flacco have two each because of the teams built around them.

Staubach and Aikman had excellent mechanics, could hit a receiver in stride anywhere on the field, read defenses, read pre-snap blitz, had excellent pocket presence and on and on. Dak has none of these qualities.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If Zeke gets hurt, I think the perception will change rapidly.

You mean the guy that has the most 4th quarter and OT comebacks in the last 3 years? The same guy that has been to 2 pro bowls? won rookie of the year, 3 winning seasons and two playoffs?

That guy? LOL

Time to just admit you were dead wrong. Keep on trolling.

jnday

Reaction score
I think most every person on this board was pleasantly surprised Dak's rookie year when I think he surpassed even the most enthusiastic expectations. Since that time many of you have soured on him, and some are even rooting for him to fail.

I have my own concerns about Dak, but a I don't really believe that the coaching staff has done him any favors. I think Jerry and Stephen may also believe that as well.

Let's say Jerry, Steven McClay and Co. are right about Dak and reward him with what many here would consider to be an above market contract for Dak, (top 10 contract) but not really top 5 pay.

Many here would cringe at that number and I think that's understandable. But maybe Jerry and Co. are more in tune to reality than many believe them to be.

We all KNOW Linehan SUCKED. What if Dak gets some really good coaching, gets put in the position to succeed and he performs far above his rookie campaign level in terms of his play and winning. What would that be worth?

I really believe that Jerry and Stephen will not fire Garrett no matter what. But I have reconsidered that position. What IF Jerry and Stephen and McClay are pushing all their chips on Dak and saying we are not going to piss off Dak's career the same as we did with Romo. Maybe Garrett really IS on the hot seat.

I believe you will see Dak improve frantically this year, as all of the pieces are starting to come together. 1. He has a healthy, deep, talented OL. 2. He has a #1 receiver in Cooper an up and comer in Gallup and more talent in Cobb than he has ever had before.

The weak link on offense is RB2. That should be addressed in the draft. We also could use a real tight end (Ertz type). If we get that, and some innovative play calling this offense could SOAR.

The defense might take a step back this year if Tank departs via a trade, but I think it will be at least average. The team, as comprised will be good. The draft should, in theory, make us a little bit better.

I expect a trade to happen somewhere along the way, and they tend to be out of the blue and not what we expect. I'm optimistic about this year.
Linehan or his coaching didn’t make Dak miss so many passes over five yards. Linehan didn’t teach Dak to hold on to the ball for much too long and cause sacks either. Dak has had these faults since high school and no coach will be able to fix these faults at this point if his career.