Dak's advancement

Verdict

Reaction score
You mean the guy that has the most 4th quarter and OT comebacks in the last 3 years? The same guy that has been to 2 pro bowls? won rookie of the year, 3 winning seasons and two playoffs?

That guy? LOL

Time to just admit you were dead wrong. Keep on trolling.

Dude give it a rest.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
:muttley: Ya sure and Pigs can fly bud.......one question bud..... you sure your watching our games the last 2 years??
It's clear you haven't been watching the past 3 years with your absurd and false statements on Dak.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Ok, you have to understand there has to be a market, right? Someone has to want to sign him for that price, right? The market is not a void, someone has to occupy that market. If no one else is offering my QB 30 Mil a year then I'm not paying him that. I would transition tag him next year and see what his market price is. I can guarantee you it's not anywhere near 30 Mil. The market simply isn't there for a QB of his caliber. All Dallas would have to do is match a price of 17-20 Mil a year.
You're fooling yourself if you think there isn't a market for Dak. You can see for yourself some of the contracts giving out now and those QBs aren't better than Dak.

NotForLong

Reaction score
stop, no one is rooting for him to fail. That means our team is going to struggle more than they have. I simply don't understand the personal emotional attachment to an average QB. Half the games are just a pain to watch on offense, very reminiscent of Dave Campo days and we had our first offensive shutout since then with the greatest QB of all time behind center.
This is a direct cause of Dumping thier Support of Romo and going all in on Dak. Now they must defend him at all costs to justify the original decision to support him.

Normal fans with No Agenda see him for what he is . . . average with flaws. Those who are stubborn are still pushing the agenda that he is great and 2016 was the floor not the ceiling

NotForLong

Reaction score
Like I said
I'll wait for your new excuse next year when Cooper will have been on the team all year

Better get those 'but but but so and so was hurt' excuse ready
At one point Amari was about to turn Dez and Beasley and critize the QB mechanics of Dak. As quiet as he is and as new as he was to the team. He still was gonna speak up.

NotForLong

Reaction score
He will either prove his supporters right or we might just think dam maybe linehan got the best out of Dak.
Could you IMAGION the depths Dak would have to fall to justify Linehan.

:lmao2:

Very real possibility.

Linehan has a ton of experience and has tried his hardest to mask the deficiencies of Dak.

Not so sure Moore is that savy. How can we expect a novice to build an offense for a non-QB. Hopefully he builds the offense with his pet cat in mind, White.

Moore becomes offensive coordinator and tries to teach Dak to be a QB. Dak's ego is offended and drowns him out. Garrett tells Moore to let him be. Moore turns his attention to Mike White. . . mike absorbs his knowledge. Dak is then injured doing the only thing he does best which is run. Mike comes in and never relinquishes the job leading this talented team to a Super Bowl. . . while Dak is forced to sign a 1 yr 15 million prove it deal with the . . . Browns:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think most every person on this board was pleasantly surprised Dak's rookie year when I think he surpassed even the most enthusiastic expectations. Since that time many of you have soured on him, and some are even rooting for him to fail.
2016 I was on the Dak hype train his rookie year! I almost made the big mistake of buying his jersey too. What threw up a red flag and stopped me was his awful passing games against the Vikes and Giants. There was always a lingering doubt but I couldnt put my finger on it until those two games at the end of the season. Thats when I realized oh boy this dude doesnt have an arm! 2017 when he was exposed by being raped by Denver, Falcons, Eagles, Chargers was when I realized this guy isnt a true franchise QB. If it wasnt for the loaded talent on this team Dak would be a nobody and he showed his true colors against those teams I mentioned. When the tables were turned the following year 2018 when the Eagles and Falcons were all beat up like Dallas was in 2017, those games were very close and thats what a true franchise QB does. Even when the team is beat up Matt Ryan and Wentz made those games very interesting unlike when the Cowboys were beat up the games werent even competitive because Dak was that bad!

Hadenough

Reaction score
Linehan has a ton of experience and has tried his hardest to mask the deficiencies of Dak.
I think Garrett has too! For two years now they talked about opening up the playbook. Ya gotta have the talent for that to be effective! I guarantee you if you were to sit down behind closed doors with Linehan and he knew his comments would not leave the room, he would probably break down in tears and he would tell you he has tried and tried to have Dak push the ball downfield but he just doesnt have the arm.

Flamma

Reaction score
You're fooling yourself if you think there isn't a market for Dak. You can see for yourself some of the contracts giving out now and those QBs aren't better than Dak.

Yeah I saw, and now those teams have their QB. Going into last season I would agree. But going into this upcoming season? Not so much. All you have to do is a head count. Dak's market are teams that need starting QBs, of which there are only a handful. That's made smaller after Murray, Lock, and Haskins get drafted. Things can change, but as of right now we're probably looking at Miami and Cinci (I may have missed a team) that need a starting QB. That's Dak's market if we're talking about big money contracts. That's why I said Transition tag him. We're only competing against a few teams. You might even be able to toss Miami. They're rebuilding and looking for a rookie. They have a ton of dead cap and I doubt they'd want an obscene amount of space eaten up by dead cap and QB while rebuilding.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
His accuracy is so bad that he makes his FANBOYS. look foolish at times . . . when they are defending him
Oh. Good one............

I guess his win percentage makes all of us look stupid though. The fact that he’s about to sign a long term deal makes his doubters look dumb as well.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Could you IMAGION the depths Dak would have to fall to justify Linehan.

:lmao2:

Very real possibility.

Not so sure Moore is that savy. How can we expect a novice to build an offense for a non-QB. Hopefully he builds the offense with his pet cat in mind, White.

Moore becomes offensive coordinator and tries to teach Dak to be a QB. Dak's ego is offended and drowns him out. Garrett tells Moore to let him be. Moore turns his attention to Mike White. . . mike absorbs his knowledge. Dak is then injured doing the only thing he does best which is run. Mike comes in and never relinquishes the job leading this talented team to a Super Bowl. . . while Dak is forced to sign a 1 yr 15 million prove it deal with the . . . Browns:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Just read daks scouting report. But in truth the talent around him will continue to make him look better than he is just like the last 3 years.

Brax

Reaction score
I don’t get the angst about Dak. He’s a good player and a great leader. He’s getting paid and he’s going to be in Dallas a long time.

The single biggest hope for the team advancing is Dak taking the next step in his QB progression, and frankly that’s pretty likely.

As for fans that don’t see that we’ve got a good team and are generally doing things that keep good teams competitive, you’re blind.
Your the blind one, you fail to see what Dak is and what this team is. After another failed season a new coach and Jerry blaming everyone but himself and you will be spewing the company line. Wish you would take off the rose colored glasses and see what his team really is.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
And how do you plan on feasting on championships?
I'll have to try to remember since this org has not brought us close over the last 23 years. Be a fan of the team, not a singular player.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Oh. Good one............

I guess his win percentage makes all of us look stupid though. The fact that he’s about to sign a long term deal makes his doubters look dumb as well.
The win percentage doesn't make you look stupid . . . only when you reference it as one of his "SOLO" stats.

Him getting a large contract will not make his doubters look dumb. . . only Jerry and Co. Will look foolish. But Jerry is on the same boat as the Dak Apologists . . . he needs Dak to be great in order to justify his insanely stupid decision to abandon Romo

Scotman

Reaction score
So many years without a championship has created a hostile fan environment. Just because you guys don't all see the same things doesn't make you or them idiots.

I'm not sold on Dak, but I don't hate him. I'm also not convinced he's garbage. I really do wish they'd wait one more year to pay him. If the price goes up, even way up, GREAT! That means he showed enough that we have to fight to keep him. If his current level of play continued, we are going to need a MUCH better defense. The defense is our weak link, in my opinion, not Dak. BUT, breaking the bank for Dak may cause our defense to remain the weak link. I can't imagine eventually letting LVE or Smith go because we spent the money on Dak.

I'm on the hopeful-but-wait-to-pay bus....but I don't think you guys who believe differently are idiots.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Dak will be alright. I hope he continues to improve. He has offensive weapons now, so there shouldn't be any excuses.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I love how apparently, the front office was competent enough to build so much talent around Dak, that they have made a terrible QB, who sucks and should be a back-up at, have a high win percentage and get to the pro bowl twice.

Yet that same front office who was competent enough to put together all that talent, to carry the horrible QB, are apparently idiots and don’t know what they’re doing when it comes to re-signing the QB.

:rolleyes: