Dak's advancement

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think we all know that Dak could have done more if we used his run skills more.

But at what cost? Dallas doesn't want to develop a running QB destined for injuries. You can bet that Jerry/Stephen/Jason et. al. told Linnehan to run Dak sparingly.

817Gill

Reaction score
You brought up rubbish 'extrapolated stats'
I called you out and you got your panties in a knot
I said lets wait till next year and you called me a hater

There is a reason they compile season stats and don't extrapolate, because things change

The reality is people like you will always have an excuse to 'explain ' failure
Lmao you’re wrong on too many levels man. But hey ignorance is bliss right? Seems like you’re pretty pissed tho lmaoo

Nav22

Reaction score
and the sad thing is when defense can't perform, the offense can't have one of those days and just get into a scoring fest against a good team...against the giants, hapless giants they can...but not against a good team.....and to that point, again, when things aren't perfect around Dak, we seem to fall short...
Show me a QB who lights it up on the road... in the playoffs... when he has a dreadful defense, no run game and a mediocre OL.

Go ahead, I’ll wait.

Dak played extremely well given his circumstances and was the only reason we had a shot to beat the Rams.

Didn’t Tom Brady himself only put up 13 points vs the Rams? And Brady’s D was dominant!!!

Nav22

Reaction score
I love how apparently, the front office was competent enough to build so much talent around Dak, that they have made a terrible QB, who sucks and should be a back-up at, have a high win percentage and get to the pro bowl twice.

Yet that same front office who was competent enough to put together all that talent, to carry the horrible QB, are apparently idiots and don’t know what they’re doing when it comes to re-signing the QB.

:rolleyes:
Summed it up perfectly.

It’s incredible how little some of these clowns know about the sport they’re this passionate about. LOL!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'll have to try to remember since this org has not brought us close over the last 23 years. Be a fan of the team, not a singular player.
I’m just curious to what you mean. If you have the blueprint on how to feast on championships you might want to tell Jerry or any other owner in the NFL. They’d love to know it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The win percentage doesn't make you look stupid . . . only when you reference it as one of his "SOLO" stats.

Him getting a large contract will not make his doubters look dumb. . . only Jerry and Co. Will look foolish. But Jerry is on the same boat as the Dak Apologists . . . he needs Dak to be great in order to justify his insanely stupid decision to abandon Romo
Yeah it does make his doubters look dumb. They constantly try to convince themselves that Dak is bad and he won’t get a long term deal. They are living in denial.

khiladi

Reaction score
Show me a QB who lights it up on the road... in the playoffs... when he has a dreadful defense, no run game and a mediocre OL.

Go ahead, I’ll wait.

Dak played extremely well given his circumstances and was the only reason we had a shot to beat the Rams.

Didn’t Tom Brady himself only put up 13 points vs the Rams? And Brady’s D was dominant!!!

Dak couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn for 5-6 straight drives after the first drive while the Dallas defense continually held while he was inept. His only success is first read play calling on opening drives, when they are scripted, meaning Scott Linehan.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How would he be in HOF’s league lol? Dudes only players 3 seasons? Reply to this asking me for the stats of all 3 in their first years and I’ll gladly show you. I’ve already done a 3 year comparison for Dak, Wilson, Brady, and Big Ben and Dak’s stats were on par with if not one of better stat-lines.
brady won superbowl in year 2 of his career.

and this "dude has only played 3 seasons" is just an old excuse. what's going to be his excuse this year....he has only played 4 years!!!. Dak has been average in 2016, 2017, 2018. and people take that as an insult. on the one hand they say, its a team sport, on the other hand, they point to him having had 3 winning seasons and argue everyone under the table that no other QB has ever done that...... on the one hand, they excuse him when he doesn't have the strongest supporting cast around him, on the other hand, they give him credit when he does have those resources and team succeeds...... the dude needs a really strong supporting cast to succeed.....without it he is below average. he is unable to lift the team and players around him.....I am sure somebody will once again point to the last giants game as a proof that he is capable.......

and here we go again, with stat lines....which prove nothing about all the issues that have been outlined about his short comings and ceilings.

and let me ask if any of those guys had the strong supporting cast Dak has had in his first 3 years.

he played with Dez, witten, Zeke and the best OL in football in 2016. he had zeke, cooper, and a good OL in 2018.....with the defense struggling, against a good team, he couldn't lift the offense against a porous defense and win a shootout...but again, I am sure someone will point to the giants game.....

didn't Wilson win a superbowl in his second year and go to another one in his 3rd year?

and again, I repeat. there is nothing wrong with being a bus driver. why does everyone want to paint Dak as an elite QB, which he is not.

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn for 5-6 straight drives after the first drive while the Dallas defense continually held while he was inept. His only success is first read play calling on opening drives, when they are scripted, meaning Scott Linehan.
LOLLLLL “after the 1st drive”... you had to say that because Dak hit Cooper for a beautiful TD strike in the 1st drive.

How DARE Dak not play a perfect game on the road without a defense, run game or OL!?!?!

How was Dak a top-10 QB this year (both statistically and W-L wise) after the Cooper trade???

Amazing how little some of you know about this sport. It’s okay. Dak’s getting his big contract so this is just another avenue of your life that you’re losing at. Dak wins, you lose.

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak haters: “Boy, I really hope percyhoward doesn’t show up to this thread to shut down all of my stupidity with those pesky FACTS!”

:angry::angry::angry:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Go ahead, I’ll wait.

thanks you are proving my point..... once again, when Dak doesn't get strong support around him, he fizzels....he is unable to win. he is unable to lift the players around him....he is unable to over come adversity...

so how many QBs would succeed if they had a top 10 OL, top 10 WR group, top 10 defense and top 10 TE and a top 2 RB?....because what I am hearing is that Dak needs all of those to succeed. when those things aren't there, he struggles and list of excuses are long and the story is that the TEAM didn't help him...well, when will he HELP the TEAM

Dak didn't play well against the rams. he was average yet again. when zeke doesn't perform, Dak's record is a losing record. we were 9-1 when Zeke had 100+ total yards and 2-6 otherwise. didn't matter what the passing game did. didn't matter what the defense did. our 3rd down conversion efficiency was 10%......the heck with what the rams did....the heck with what the defense did/did not.....that's on you..........do things when you have control....he had cooper, gallup had his best day. he collected stats when the game was done. of his 266 yards, 56 were on the last drive...which means when the game mattered, he didn't get it done. he got a meaningless TD against a prevent defense. he got 43 yards in the prior drive...which means in the 1st three and half quarters of the game he had 165 yards passing. that's not getting it done. that's collecting stats in meaningless time to pad your stats, so the dak lovers can compare stats to some of the all time great QBs and make a claim Dak is elite.

khiladi

Reaction score
Funny, I remember a strike in stride to Cooper for a TD! LOLLLLLL

How was Dak a top-10 QB this year (both statistically and W-L wise) after the Cooper trade???

Amazing how little some of you know about this sport. It’s okay. Dak’s getting his big contract so this is just another avenue of your life that you’re losing at. Dak wins, you lose.

1. You clearly can’t comprehend what I wrote. That strike to Cooper was on the FIRST SCRIPTED SERID of the game, where Linehan hit exactly what he wanted on single overage on the slot. After the script goes bye-bye traditionally with Dak, he sucks for three quarters floundering while the ‘sucky’ defense continues to hold opponents to about 13 points a game.

2. Who is arguing about Cooper? What your basically implying is Dak is trash and Cooper bailed him out. And like one of the posters pointed out, that success was basically predicated on single man coverage on the outside, and no single safety help with CBs jumping the routes. And Cooper had to basically yell at Dak that this was what defenses were giving him. Basic coverages.. Any decent QB would have recognized that from Day 1 of the season and forced defenses to adjust.

And then teams began shifting coverage towards Cooper; which started with the Colts and Dak looked like trash once again, even against garbage teams like Tampa Bay.

3. His statistical numbers were obfuscated in a meaningless game against the Giants, a team in total disarray in disarray and even then his performance was over-hyped, he struggled for significant periods on end and he got bailed out on a prayer he threw to Beasley, which was a stupid move by the FO anyways, because Beasley was already struggling with ankle issues. There is a reason the FO played Dak all game long to ‘practice’.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
LOLLLLL “after the 1st drive”... you had to say that because Dak hit Cooper for a beautiful TD strike in the 1st drive.

How DARE Dak not play a perfect game on the road without a defense, run game or OL!?!?!

its amazing to watch you m an-lust for Dak

even Dak lovers admit, Dak needs a lot of support to succeed...so Dak getting a 25M+ contract means, there is no money to get him the support he needs and we are doomed to be average for duration of the contract...and Dak lovers blaming Jones, Coaching, McClay, etc. for them not getting Dak what he needs to succeed.

becareful what you wish for, because it may happen.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

1. You clearly can’t comprehend what I wrote. That strike to Cooper was on the FIRST SCRIPTED SERID of the game, where Linehan hit exactly what he wanted on single overage on the slot. After the script goes bye-bye traditionally with Dak, he sucks for three quarters floundering while the ‘sucky’ defense continues to hold opponents to about 13 points a game.

2. Who is arguing about Cooper? What your basically implying is Dak is trash and Cooper bailed him out. And like one of the posters pointed out, that success was basically predicated on single man coverage on the outside, and no single safety help with CBs jumping the routes. And Cooper had to basically yell at Dak that this was what defenses were giving him. Basic coverages.. Any decent QB would have recognized that from Day 1 of the season and forced defenses to adjust.

And then teams began shifting coverage towards Cooper; which started with the Colts and Dak looked like trash once again, even against garbage teams like Tampa Bay.

3. His statistical numbers were obfuscated in a meaningless game against the Giants, a team in total disarray in disarray and even then his performance was over-hyped, he struggled for significant periods on end and he got bailed out on a prayer he threw to Beasley, which was a stupid move by the FO anyways, because Beasley was already struggling with ankle issues. There is a reason the FO played Dak all game long to ‘practice’.
:hammer:

the other point is that no other QBs they keep comparing Dak to has had the type of supporting cast he has had in his 1st three years....and those that did, won superbowls.... but I am sure its not Dak's fault, its lack of top 10 OL, lack of top 10 defense, lack of top 10 TE, linehan, garrett, Stephen jones, Jerry jones, McClay, the fans in section 432, row 24, the wind outside, the alignment of the moon, stars and earth, Dak is mr. Teflon to the Dak lovers, nothing sticks to him

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yes not ALL are blind!!!!!:hammer:

Flamma

Reaction score
I see you point but Denver isn't staying with Flacco, Giants with Eli, rumors that Wilson wants out ( could be true or false) Wentz can't stay healthy, Commanders, Carr is being shopped, Rivers isn't young neither is Brady, Brees or Ben. Cousins isn't going to finish out his contract and who knows what will happen with Winston. How long will Foles be in Jacksonville? Tons of teams are always in the market for QBs and not just a team or two.

If you have a franchise QB, which Dallas does, you lock him up as soon as you can. The longer you wait the more expensive it will be. You guys are complaining about Dak getting 25-28 million a year, imagine when it goes over 30-35 million a year.

Lets get on the same page. I agree with you as to his value. The sticking point is the interest at this moment. Now let me address what you said, because I have been over this more than once.

Denver is probably drafting Drew Lock or Haskins. Giants are probably drafting Drew Lock or Haskins. Wentz health has no impact on Dak. The Eagles aren't paying Dak 30 Mil a year to be backup. The Commanders can't afford to pay Dak big money since they already have an enormous cap hit with their injured QB. They have to dumpster dive for a few years like Miami is doing.

The Raiders can't get rid of Carr until next season. You have a valid point with the other QBs you mention. But who is going to offer Dak 30 Mil a year next year while those QBs are still on the team? None of them. If you really want to know what Dak is worth then Transition tag him. Any team offering him a contract loses nothing if Dallas doesn't match. I can guarantee you anything offered to Dak is nothing even remotely close to 30 million a year.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Lets get on the same page. I agree with you as to his value. The sticking point is the interest at this moment. Now let me address what you said, because I have been over this more than once.

Denver is probably drafting Drew Lock or Haskins. Giants are probably drafting Drew Lock or Haskins. Wentz health has no impact on Dak. The Eagles aren't paying Dak 30 Mil a year to be backup. The Commanders can't afford to pay Dak big money since they already have an enormous cap hit with their injured QB. They have to dumpster dive for a few years like Miami is doing.

The Raiders can't get rid of Carr until next season. You have a valid point with the other QBs you mention. But who is going to offer Dak 30 Mil a year next year while those QBs are still on the team? None of them. If you really want to know what Dak is worth then Transition tag him. Any team offering him a contract loses nothing if Dallas doesn't match. I can guarantee you anything offered to Dak is nothing even remotely close to 30 million a year.
That's a ton of speculation of your part. Denver might draft a QB, Giants might draft a QB. Those things aren't a given. And do you really think Philly will past Wentz a huge contract if he can't stay healthy......no.

Again when you have a franchise QB you lock him up, the longer you wait the more expensive it will be. Those are facts not speculation. QBs that aren't better than Dak are getting huge contracts already. Anybody that thinks Dak won't get offered a big contract is fooling themselves. That being said no need to go back and forth. Have a great day my friend

Nav22

Reaction score
thanks you are proving my point..... once again, when Dak doesn't get strong support around him, he fizzels....he is unable to win. he is unable to lift the players around him....he is unable to over come adversity...

so how many QBs would succeed if they had a top 10 OL, top 10 WR group, top 10 defense and top 10 TE and a top 2 RB?....because what I am hearing is that Dak needs all of those to succeed. when those things aren't there, he struggles and list of excuses are long and the story is that the TEAM didn't help him...well, when will he HELP the TEAM

Dak didn't play well against the rams. he was average yet again. when zeke doesn't perform, Dak's record is a losing record. we were 9-1 when Zeke had 100+ total yards and 2-6 otherwise. didn't matter what the passing game did. didn't matter what the defense did. our 3rd down conversion efficiency was 10%......the heck with what the rams did....the heck with what the defense did/did not.....that's on you..........do things when you have control....he had cooper, gallup had his best day. he collected stats when the game was done. of his 266 yards, 56 were on the last drive...which means when the game mattered, he didn't get it done. he got a meaningless TD against a prevent defense. he got 43 yards in the prior drive...which means in the 1st three and half quarters of the game he had 165 yards passing. that's not getting it done. that's collecting stats in meaningless time to pad your stats, so the dak lovers can compare stats to some of the all time great QBs and make a claim Dak is elite.
So many words to show how little you know about football.

I stopped reading at “Dak can’t overcome adversity” hahahahhahahahaha except he’s been the most clutch QB in football over the last 3 years. 4th quarter, game-winning drives, you name it.

Nah, it’s probably something else about Dak that’s really keeping you from buying in. Something you can’t say on a message board.

His numbers and W/L record prove his worth. He’ll be paid handsomely for that soon enough.

Dak wins. You lose.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
I'm excited.

He has the best set of WRs, for a full offseason, that he has had in his career. Everyone knows who the top 3 are, so his work with them to gain chemistry will be extensive, which is a complete 180 from last year. A new OC, who should be more creative, and more importantly is close with Dak, which never hurts. If Fred comes back as expected his OL will be deep and talented, which will limit how often he has to question his protection.

I expect a great season from him.