Dak's cap hit

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
how much less? and how would it have helped the team? no one seems to be able to give any scenario of who we would have signed for how much and how it would help the team. they just point to some number and say he didn't help the team.

Dak's cap hit is 17.5M this season....so tell me who we wanted to sign for how much? and couldn't because of 17.5M on the cap.
Is $30 million / year too little for you? That would have saved $10 mil / year. Don't you think?

shabazz

Reaction score
Lol... the NFL rakes in $7-10 BILLION in profits annually, but you want people to take discounts. Forget Superbowls, their great great grandchildren cant eat a ring. Players want generational wealth.

If you think Dak's contract is crazy, just wait until Lamar Jackson's contract...

If they can retain their defense and other key players...and pay Lamar....more power to them

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Bull. Dak has made $100 million off of endorsements for wearing the Star on his helmet. Dak simply got greedy. He could have taken $30 million / year, and that would have helped the team. Instead, Dak thought above being greedy and getting the most for himself ONLY, regardless if it hurts the team from being able to keep a playoff caliber team intact every year.

You know it. I know it Everybody knows it.

So call it what it is (this is coming from me, Dak's biggest fan)...that was some greedy *** job Dak held up against Jerry...and got away with. Now, the team is going to pay the price for it after this season. If calling Dak (or any overpaid player) as being greedy truly bothers anyone, tough cookies. I will call it what it truly is whether you like it or not, Greg.
That’s ridiculous. Why would he take less than what he could fetch. Greed drives ambition and the capitalist system. His career could end on the next play. Max out your potential.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
This is funny:laugh:How many of you guys in here would of said." Jerry" I feel like you paying me to much":facepalm: That's what Jerry think he's worth....I'd of tried to get more. The American way. The need for greed:thumbup:

jnday

Reaction score
Oh i can admit it, unlike some people. He definitely had a chance and failed. That was a really bad throw... but it all doesn't fall on him like some are making it seem. The team has to do their jobs.
Was somebody else involved in that throw? Should a RB and OLinemen have helped with the accuracy?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Dak needs to turn his cap around like Tony did, that will be a hit.

Cool...bring Romo into the convo...is that your job is, to start chit? I thought you were a moderator? Maybe a chit starter.

How did you get that moderator gig...?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That’s ridiculous. Why would he take less than what he could fetch. Greed drives ambition and the capitalist system. His career could end on the next play. Max out your potential.
Not when there is a salary cap in place that affects the team. GREED will destroy a salary-capped team. You're a businessman who invested decades into sports. You should know how this works and affects.

jnday

Reaction score
its interesting that you blame a loss on Dak, but not the team. how about wins....is Dak 7-4? or is the team 7-4?
According to 99% of Dak lovers, Dak is responsible when they win and it is his win/loss record until it starts to look bad and then it belongs to the team.

jnday

Reaction score
Which poll was that? The poll on a forum that only represents the extreme fans that enjoy talking on forums. Even you can see how this doesn’t actually represent real life fans……

it really doesn’t matter. You can’t understand or chose not to understand that this Pappy guy you are now ball riding is a cowboyszone troll. He may not even believe most of what he types. At least he is playing a role here. You are carrying his water. Pretty embarrassing.
Pappy was kind enough to provide the poll in an earlier post. You won’t like the results because it doesn’t fit your agenda. Dak is overpaid and has accomplished nothing basically unless you are a fan of empty stats that rarely produces wins.

jnday

Reaction score
Do you remember the first time that $40 million a year was mentioned and Dak’s people denied it and all of his fans were having a stroke saying that Dak was not greedy and would never ask for such an unreasonable amount? It was only a few months later that Dak showed that he was that greedy and that $40 million a year was floated out there just to measure the outrage . Dak knew the whole time that he was planning to demand $40 million a year and that Jerry was stupid enough to pay it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Pappy was kind enough to provide the poll in an earlier post. You won’t like the results because it doesn’t fit your agenda. Dak is overpaid and has accomplished nothing basically unless you are a fan of empty stats that rarely produces wins.
So basically if players don’t win a championship they’re worthless. Ok

Does this thought just apply to the QB or the entire roster?

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not when there is a salary cap in place that affects the team. GREED will destroy a salary-capped team. You're a businessman who invested decades into sports. You should know how this works and affects.
I understand but again it’s not the players responsibility.

Greed is driven by the owners who are intent on setting a Cap. And then willing to pay huge amounts to a select few.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It’s not a players responsibility to balance the budget.
It doesn't change the fact that a star player is being greedy when they refuse the team's offers for 2 years straight while demanding top league positional pay, ... or holding out if they don't get what they want. That's pure greed while holding the team hostage...and you know it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It doesn't change the fact that a star player is being greedy when they refuse the team's offers for 2 years straight while demanding top league positional pay, ... or holding out if they don't get what they want. That's pure greed while holding the team hostage...and you know it.
Nope.. that’s business .

Fans get too attached to winning and the game aspect. This will always be a business first. Take care of yourself and then you try to make the best of it.

Are you going to take 30% less at your job so it makes room for more or better help?