Dak's ceiling?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Dak has reached his ceiling, he needs everything around him to be great for him to win a championship..No way is he worth 60 or 70 ml a season, that contract extension would be an albatross around this club in two or three years.....so no thanks to extending him, he's already owed/counts against the cap 95 mil for the next two years..

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
1 more year, Dak fans.

Then you can go talk about his ceiling somewhere else.

I watched Zeke win 2 rushing titles. So I should expect that every year?

I watched Tyron Smith be an All-Pro last year and now hear Dak fans say the O-Line is better with an unproven rookie playing LT instead of a first team All-Pro.

Dak fans need to be studied.

Brax

Reaction score
This a good question......IF this is his ceiling, would you extend him?

MM, “Dak is just going to keep getting better”, problem is he’s never going to be good enough to win anything of importance. He needs to move on to a team that can carry his choking skills in big games, and that’s not happening in Dallas with the current yes man coaching staff and FO.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has a high ceiling regular season, but hits the floor in the playoffs.

Hit that ceiling from the regular season, in the playoffs, along with a defense that is not tired.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I won’t disrespect the man, the guys ceiling is an extremely good quarterback who on talent alone is good enough to win championships with a quality team.

The real issue with Dak is that most QBs will never win a ring demanding top of the market money on short deals.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
At 31 years of age, Dak has most likely reached his ceiling and, honestly, his ceiling is probably shrinking.

Sure, a lot of QB's play well into their mid-30's and longer. However, Dak is not a Brett Favre, Drew Brees or, even Vinny Testaverde. He will likely continue putting up good passing stats, but at an ever decreasing rate.

As others have noted, Dak needs a "perfect storm" interms of supporting cast - OL, WRs, RBs and defense to succeed.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak has proven his ceiling is losing in the divisional round. Last season he underperformed.
Entire team underperformed. GM Jethro can't build a winning team and expects Dak to carry his incompetence.

Reactions: CWR

Chasing6

Reaction score
At 31 years of age, Dak has most likely reached his ceiling and, honestly, his ceiling is probably shrinking.

Sure, a lot of QB's play well into their mid-30's and longer. However, Dak is not a Brett Favre, Drew Brees or, even Vinny Testaverde. He will likely continue putting up good passing stats, but at an ever decreasing rate.

As others have noted, Dak needs a "perfect storm" interms of supporting cast - OL, WRs, RBs and defense to succeed.
Just like most QB's that win a SB.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This a good question......IF this is his ceiling, would you extend him?

61Vl1PVXsVL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Is as high or Low as his teammates can carry him!
2016 was his best year...........right Zeke???????????????????????????

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2 years ago Dak led the NFL in INTs while missing 5 games.

How quickly Dak fans want to forget.
I brought that up back in March or April in a thread. When the 2nd in MVP voting and leading the NFL in TD's came up.
About the year before with all the INT's. So posted I will wait to see if he can follow up in 2024 on another year like that from 2023

However, still comes down to wins in the playoffs, no matter what type of regular season a QB had.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
2nd round in the playoffs

Time to try something else and I know we will get worse before we get better.