Dak's ceiling?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Not even close. The Niners gave him that game.
Mahomes only had 2 a TD drives 1 in OT and 1 after a muffed bunt inside the 20.

Minus the muffed punt and missed extra point the great Mahomes only scores 12 points.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Dak has hit his ceiling. At this point in his career he is what he is. A guy who can put up impressive numbers and get his team into the post season, but a guy who when the team needs him the most and the pressure mounts, collapses and get that “deer in the headlight“ look. Playing for the Cowboys all the years and in the big games he’s been in, if was going to overcome his fears, he would have by now. That’s why I’m fine with letting him play out the season, or trading him. Perhaps in a different organization and environment he’ll actually produce in the post season.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I don't understand why this '2nd place for NFL MVP' keeps getting tossed around. Someone step up and tell me who finished 2nd the last 10 years. How about 1st? No one knows the answer without looking it up because no one cares. And why does no one care? Because it's a meaningless award, but most of all because 2nd place is still losing.

I get it, though, the Dak crowd needs to keep selling and promoting their boy, even if it's something no one will remember 2 or 3 years from now because it's so insignificant. Very few people will remember who won the past 10 years because even that is fairly insignificant compared to Lombardi's and super bowl MVP's.

Do people remember that Dak and Zeke won coach of the year for Garrett in 2016? Nope, that's already been forgotten as well.

Last edited:

acr731

Reaction score

Minus the muffed punt and missed extra point the great Mahomes only scores 12 points.
I would be more than happy to give Dak a break for only getting 12 points IN THE SUPER BOWL. But Dak can't get there, so some people resort to cutting down a QB who just won his 3rd of 4 super bowls.

Brax

Reaction score

Many post season games PM carried the team, tell me how many CCG let SB has Dak even been to, he can’t even carry them once, what’s next from you Dak’s as good as Mahomes.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Many post season games PM carried the team, tell me how many CCG let SB has Dak even been to, he can’t even carry them once, what’s next from you Dak’s as good as Mahomes.
If a defense gives up only 14.6 points a game the the QB is not carrying the team.

Just like Troy did not carry Dallas.

acr731

Reaction score
If a defense gives up only 14.6 points a game the the QB is not carrying the team.

Just like Troy did not carry Dallas.
Troy didn't need to carry the team, but he did his part when necessary. Dak has needed to carry the team at times and hasn't been able to. Ever. I get it, though, Troy was surrounded by numerous future HOF'ers, Dak isn't. Hell, he's not even going to be one himself.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Troy didn't need to carry the team, but he did his part when necessary. Dak has needed to carry the team at times and hasn't been able to. Ever. I get it, though, Troy was surrounded by numerous future HOF'ers, Dak isn't. Hell, he's not even going to be one himself.
See the big difference, Dak needs to carry the team.

morat1959

Reaction score
You can put 21 HOFers around Dak and he still wouldn’t win a SB.

Chasing6

Reaction score
But Troy is with his 165 games and 165 TD's and 141 Int's. Very impressive numbers.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
He's been here going on a decade. We know what his ceiling is.

Hopefully after this year, this team will finally get serious about the Quarterback position.

acr731

Reaction score
But Troy is with his 165 games and 165 TD's and 141 Int's. Very impressive numbers.
Your point? He still has 3 Lombardi's and a gold jacket. Dak's claim to fame? There was that time he finished 2nd in the MVP voting. I know, very impressive.

It's such a meaningless accomplishment it will never even be mentioned on pro-football reference or his Wikipedia page.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Your point? He still has 3 Lombardi's and a gold jacket. Dak's claim to fame? There was that time he finished 2nd in the MVP voting. I know, very impressive.
My point is QB's do not carry their teams to a SB. It just seems that way because the average fan does not understand football and all the watch is the QB with the ball.

acr731

Reaction score
My point is QB's do not carry their teams to a SB. It just seems that way because the average fan does not understand football and all the watch is the QB with the ball.
There is one QB who has the ability to put the team on his back. He doesn't play for the Cowboys, though.

Chasing6

Reaction score
There is one QB who has the ability to put the team on his back. He doesn't play for the Cowboys, though.
So why do they sign other players to big contracts?

Why did they win by getting lucky with a missed extra point?

Brax

Reaction score
My point is QB's do not carry their teams to a SB. It just seems that way because the average fan does not understand football and all the watch is the QB with the bal
Too funny, are you super fan? You know less than those average fans you try to put down based on your posts, every QB sucks but Dak, but I know what your response will be”I never said that “ There’s more than one QB who could have gone a lot farther with the teams Dak has choked on. PM, Allen, Jackson, and a few others, I will tell you this Troy would of taken them further because he’s not a choke artist