Dak's ceiling?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Last season will most likely go down as Dak's career year. We have seen enough of him to know what he is... a trailer QB that plays to the level of the team around him. He didn't have his best supporting cast ever last season, but he faced by some measures the easiest pass defense schedule in the league, and he had a defense that put him in some very favorable situations.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Last season will most likely go down as Dak's career year. We have seen enough of him to know what he is... a trailer QB that plays to the level of the team around him. He didn't have his best supporting cast ever last season, but he faced by some measures the easiest pass defense schedule in the league, and he had a defense that put him in some very favorable situations.
I mean I really don't disagree with you here, but honestly what QBs aren't dependent upon the players around them? How many championship level QBs don't have defenses that put them in favorable situations?

There is a reason Stafford struggled to make the playoffs in Detroit and won the superbowl as soon as he got an upgraded team. There is a reason Baker Mayfield couldn't find a taker a couple years ago, but wins a playoff game with Tampa. Every single one of these guys are dependent upon their supporting casts, even Mahomes.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He is not going to get better nor finally turn it on in the playoffs. He is at his peak heading towards the downslope. You don’t pay 60 million/year for that, it is not a sound financial decision unless the goal is to stay atop the Forbes list……in which we all know it is. The days of signing him to a reasonable contract are long gone, let him sign the record-breaking contract elsewhere.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean I really don't disagree with you here, but honestly what QBs aren't dependent upon the players around them? How many championship level QBs don't have defenses that put them in favorable situations?

There is a reason Stafford struggled to make the playoffs in Detroit and won the superbowl as soon as he got an upgraded team. There is a reason Baker Mayfield couldn't find a taker a couple years ago, but wins a playoff game with Tampa. Every single one of these guys are dependent upon their supporting casts, even Mahomes.
They are dependent...but if you had to pick a single player others have to rely on MOST...who would that be?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This a good question......IF this is his ceiling, would you extend him?

Dak’s been improving every year except one so no reason to expect he won’t improve this year. It will be his 2nd year in MM’s WCO. He looks trimmer this year as well. So, he hasn’t reached his ceiling yet.

Flamma

Reaction score

My issue is, when was the last time we fought hard when going up against a good team? We have to go back to the loss in the playoffs in 2016. Otherwise we're not even in these games. Buffalo, 49ers, KC, those games were never in question. More recently Green Bay. Forget playoffs, I'm talking regular season too. We usually don't even compete against the good teams.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This first 7 weeks is full of top flight defenses (according to last year's standings anyways). Who here would wager Vegas that Dak is in the MVP talk after week 7. I'll personally be shocked if the wheels haven't completely fallen off this team by then.

Havic

Reaction score
Ceiling is Divisional Round, prove me wrong.

Chasing6

Reaction score
My issue is, when was the last time we fought hard when going up against a good team? We have to go back to the loss in the playoffs in 2016. Otherwise we're not even in these games. Buffalo, 49ers, KC, those games were never in question. More recently Green Bay. Forget playoffs, I'm talking regular season too. We usually don't even compete against the good teams.
GM Jethro built a finesse team from the outside in that physically can not compete in the playoffs.

morat1959

Reaction score
Those who watched Dak in HS and college knew his ceiling when he got here. Playing under pressure and in the big moments has always been his downfall. He always folds under pressure.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Those who watched Dak in HS and college knew his ceiling when he got here. Playing under pressure and in the big moments has always been his downfall. He always folds under pressure.
Those who watched Trance in HS.......who am fooling, he did not play in HS.