Video: Dak's deep ball accuracy compared to elite QB's

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
See, this is why I have to fact check you all the time. Because you make things up and it’s off to the races and impossible to know what you’re talking about. That’s a Michael Gallup quote regarding something he believes Dak thinks. No, I had absolutely no idea that *that’s* the anecdote you had taken as gospel and run off with. Why would I?

How about actual quotes from the staff to support what I actually said instead?

“He’s simply gotten better because we’ve repped it more and he’s repped it more, most importantly, in the offseason. You get some more speed guys that have been repping it and I think we’re heading in the right direction in regards to that,” Offensive coordinator Kellen Moore said on Prescott’s deep ball.

Or this:

“WR coach Sanjay Lal: "The whole premise, in my opinion, of this offense is vertical speed. If you can't hit a go-route, the comeback game isn't real, your slant game isn't real ...Being able to hit those deep balls in games is going to change everything if we're able to do that."

And let’s see how that compares with what he said above: “...But we brought in a WR coach who likes the deep ball and pretty clearly set out to add speed to the position group to stretch the field finally after years of not doing that with Romo. I’d say there’s a fair argument to be made that it’s a staff decision to push the ball downfield more, finally.”

Not sure what it is exactly you’re objecting to here again, but like I said, that’s nothing new because you’re all over the place with what you choose to believe and why.

NO that is Gallup reporting first hand why they are throwing more. Because Dak asked to. LOL

But by all means, stay in denial.

And of course he has gotten better with more reps. Because Moore has come in and that's what he wants along with Dak. No more is the bozo Garrett and his dumbed down offense in town.

Sanjay, Moore, Dak..………..none of these guy are the horrid Garrett or Linehan are they?

All 3 of those guys obviously want more deep ball, but its Moore that's giving it to them. He actually understands offense and attacking on offense. Not like the dumbed down "take what the defense gives you" Garrett.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I
We're not BLIND and watch our games and see a very FLAWED QB ....man I don't know what there paying you (Dak's PR people) but it's really not enough.
You should ask for a raise!

bubububububububut hes flawed!!!!! :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Blake

Reaction score
I can’t wait to see what it is without zeke. Dude can’t even throw a 12 yard out when it’s clear as day everybody is getting press, man to man coverage. He can’t do it. And everybody knows it. Dak sucks

Appeal to the masses never lends you any credibility, but instead exposes your clear bias and the fact you're not to be taken seriously.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NO that is Gallup reporting first hand why they are throwing more. Because Dak asked to. LOL

But by all means, stay in denial.

And of course he has gotten better with more reps. Because Moore has come in and that's what he wants along with Dak. No more is the bozo Garrett and his dumbed down offense in town.

Sanjay, Moore, Dak..………..none of these guy are the horrid Garrett or Linehan are they?

All 3 of those guys obviously want more deep ball, but its Moore that's giving it to them. He actually understands offense and attacking on offense. Not like the dumbed down "take what the defense gives you" Garrett.

We’ve reached the point—a little beyond the point actually—where you’ve completely stopped making sense, so we’re done here. The important takeaway for you though is that it’s obvious that I was right that it’s been a concerted coaching and personnel decision to extend and improve the deep passing game and that’s it’s been going on for a couple of seasons now going back to when they brought Sanjay Lal in and went away from guys like Dez and Whit and Beasley and the QB with the back injury whose deep ball game had trailed off a bit. Clearly something they wanted to add, and clearly something they’re supporting with reps and new players. If you want to pretend that’s all happening despite the head coach, be my guest.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Appeal to the masses never lends you any credibility, but instead exposes your clear bias and the fact you're not to be taken seriously.
Get this faux deep twitter babble out of here

817Gill

Reaction score
I
We're not BLIND and watch our games and see a very FLAWED QB ....man I don't know what there paying you (Dak's PR people) but it's really not enough.
You should ask for a raise!
Gotta be the saddest guy on this forum. Used to be mad at his posts but now kinda feel bad for him. He’s so angry to the point where 37/82 is not 45%. Haha imagine how delusional you have to be to convince yourself that actual mathematic fact is wrong. Some of these “eye-test” guys are so narcissistic lol

“Screw cognitive dissonance and unavoidable human bias, I can close my eyes right now and remember every play!”

Lolololol

Last edited:

Blake

Reaction score
Gotta be the saddest guy on this forum. Used to be mad at his posts but now kinda feel bad for him. He’s so angry to the point where 37/82 is not 45%. Haha imagine how delusional you have to be to convince yourself that actual mathematic fact is wrong. Some of these “eye-test” are are so narcissistic lol

“Screw cognitive dissonance and unavoidable human bias, I can close my eyes right now and remember every play!”

Lolololol

Pappy doesn't like the math because he can't wrap his head around basic statistics. When faced with logic and reason, he's toast.

817Gill

Reaction score
More like people that keep saying the same objectively false narrative over and over and over again...despite threads like these that over and over and over again prove said objectively false narrative - false.

So I see why you, instead of arguing facts as the OP did (you don't really have any), stick your head in the sand.
I wish all the “no logic just my gut and years of watching football” guys told us what REALLY bothers them and keeps them ignorant. I’d respect them a lot more if they just came out and said they hate the way Romo left or whatever. Then we could actually help these people

817Gill

Reaction score
Pappy doesn't like the math because he can't wrap his head around basic statistics. When faced with logic and reason, he's toast.
Lol exactly. Let’s start a thread on how 2 + 2 is 4 and see how fast it takes for him to say we are wrong

Blake

Reaction score
I wish all the “no logic just my gut and years of watching football” guys told us what REALLY bothers them and keeps them ignorant. I’d respect them a lot more if they just came out and said they hate the way Romo left or whatever. Then we could actually help these people

Word.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
agenda-clipart-cliparti1_agenda-clipart_02.jpg.cf.jpg

landryscorner

Reaction score
I came across this video and wanted to share. Its a 13 minute video but the first 7:30 of it tell the point the guy is trying to make. Not sure if he got his info from PFF or not. He compares Dak's deep ball percentage to a handful of others to debunk the myth that Dak is not accurate with the deep ball. I was a little surprised by what he found although I'm sure some will poke holes in his findings......The results of what he found. This is completion percentage on deep passes.

Dak..37/82=45%

WIlson...54/104=51%

Goff...64/124=49%

Brady...48/105=45%

Wentz...25/61=40%

Mahomes...60/128=46%

Rodgers...53/129=43%

In all fairness to the staff/receivers and dak even though I do not think Dak is a very good QB, he doesn't even throw the ball deep all that much because of his accuracy issues so this should be irrelevant information.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Appeal to the masses is a well established logical fallacy you nitwit. Sorry you get your education through Twitter. Some of us went to school.
Nitwit lol. I went to school also and guaranteed it’s better than yours so try again. Look at @DakPresgoat trained seal self liking any post against me keylanto. You in the Philadelphia area you been to a better school than me too? We close enough we can prove that truth for real.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Why can’t somebody just think Dak average without all these other bs reasons behind it? Y’all out here using children logic of you don’t like Dak it’s gotta be something besides he’s average when y’all have no proof of such. Y’all grown men acting like starry eyed groupies. Save that for the kids and women not men just speaking about football. If Dak player like his rookie year mostly I wouldn’t complain just like that season it wasn’t much to say.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
What makes you think it’s the coaches who don’t want him throwing deep?

But we brought in a WR coach who likes the deep ball and pretty clearly set out to add speed to the position group to stretch the field finally after years of not doing that with Romo. I’d say there’s a fair argument to be made that it’s a staff decision to push the ball downfield more, finally.
Sanjay Lal has been with the team one year. Crediting him for the change would mean it was the coaches who didn't want it previously. As you indicated with the Romo comparison. Like you said they finally decided.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Nitwit lol. I went to school also and guaranteed it’s better than yours so try again. Look at @DakPresgoat trained seal self liking any post against me keylanto. You in the Philadelphia area you been to a better school than me too? We close enough we can prove that truth for real.

The post was funny. Kramer is also one of my favorite TV characters ever. So his avatar gets appreciation from me.

Sorry you’re sensitive about posts other people like, Phil. I personally don’t care what school anyone on this board went to. It doesn’t matter.

Last edited: