Twitter: Dak's Efficiency Is Trending The Wrong Way

Haimerej

Reaction score
I don't know if they qualify as an "authority" but ESPN has them ranked LOW. Most accurate assessment i have seen actually. Look at the HUGE disparity between how ESPN views their performance and the ridiculous rating that PFF gave them.

#6 is low?

Edit: Nevermind. I saw what you're referencing.

Reactions: Ken

kskboys

Reaction score
I don;t disagree, but we also have grown ax MEN who have been doing this their whole life.
Which is why they are not like other grown men. Grown people are extremely susceptible to their environment. We see it all the time.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Cool....all good. Sorry that i went overboard...there's just a lot of agendas going on.
The thing is...we've simply got to get better in every aspect. I don't brlieve it.s all "Jerry's culture" fault. We've got good players, dak included. Theres no reason not to win.

I wholeheartedly agree. We get "fooled" because the ream really does have a lot of talented players and when facing inferior teams can just roll them and look invincible. But when facing teams with equal or better talent we see that we lack a true coaching advantage ... Moore is a decent play caller.. but he looks like a chump against higher caliber DCs who have the talent on defense to at least match up. Until that changes I fear nothing else will. Unfortunately I don't think he has it in him to coordinate the sort of offense we need. That's why our only hope is for Dak to go no huddle and remove him from the equation or for McCarthy to take away his headset. Now Dak is pretty good in no huddle but he is not advanced enough to go toe to toe with some of these great defensive minds.. So it really falls to McCarthy.. It remains to be seen if he is willing to do it.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I wholeheartedly agree. We get "fooled" because the ream really does have a lot of talented players and when facing inferior teams can just roll them and look invincible. But when facing teams with equal or better talent we see that we lack a true coaching advantage ... Moore is a decent play caller.. but he looks like a chump against higher caliber DCs who have the talent on defense to at least match up. Until that changes I fear nothing else will. Unfortunately I don't think he has it in him to coordinate the sort of offense we need. That's why our only hope is for Dak to go no huddle and remove him from the equation or for McCarthy to take away his headset. Now Dak is pretty good in no huddle but he is not advanced enough to go toe to toe with some of these great defensive minds.. So it really falls to McCarthy.. It remains to be seen if he is willing to do it.
"We" did not get fooled.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Sure.

You can also say that he threw it short so much out of necessity. I generally think they were fine pass blocking as well, the real damage was in all of the plays and drives that were ruined by their penalties.

Run blocking wasn't as bad as you would think either...a RB that couldn't get to a hole was holding them back for the last 10 or so games.

I don't think they were fine pass blocking. If they were then we would not have had a season's worth of highlight reels of Zeke de-cleating blitzers and other unblocked pass rushers. The sack numbers are EXTREMELY inaccurate for that reason as well as the simple fact that Dak refused to down on a dozen occasions and ran out of trouble a couple dozen others. The line doesn't get credit for Dak being strong and agile or for Zeke being a great blocker.. At least not in my eyes. The run blocking was terrible.. It's why both backs had more games with low ypc averages then we're used to. Now I have come to the realization that a lot of it is on scheme.. There were too many times where they doubled one guy while ignoring the guy blasting into the backfield and blowing up the play for it just to be guys blowing assignments. Then there is the issue of our non-blocking tight ends.. which applies to pretty much all of them. The backside DE/OLB destroyed more running plays for us than I can count. I don't know which of them is the bigger issue.. but both need to get fixed if we're going to run the ball with any consistency.

Reactions: Ken

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
people who know who are not blinded by their fandom of Dak are trying to point that, its not the oline, not the running back, not the WR's, not the TE, not the coordinator thats holding this offense back. its our QB!
Why? Because you said so?! You haters are so good at constantly blaming Dak that you're so "blinded" at seeing nothing else. I'd bet the farm, not ONE of you realized Dak, Coop, Gallup, & Lamb have played in ONLY 12 total games together.

The Cowboys are 7-5 in those games. The seven wins:
2020 Falcons
2020 Giants
2021 Falcons
2021 Saints
2021 Commanders
2021 Giants
2021 Commanders

And the Oline has played in only 3 games together the entire 2021 season. San Fran being the 3rd time!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I can't take anybody seriously who claims that this snap "hit Dak in the chest and he fumbled"

Maybe you watch the games with your eyes closed and that keeps you from being fooled by what you see.

I never claimed that particular snap in that picture hit Dak in the chest.

I claimed the one against the Bucs did, and then changed it to thigh, and then changed it again to more around the calf area.

You are admitting you was fooled when I was telling you all season what was going to happen. I don't think you have any room to educate me on what I am or am not seeing if you're that easily "fooled" by the product on the field.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Yeah, he just sucked.
not as bad as Dak. what's daks excuse. oh crap, I know they are too many to pick from.

do we need to line up a couple back up linemen in the backfield so he can take 2 minutes to scan the field then over throw or under throw the wr's. dak hunley sucks.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just because they are grown men it does not follow that they are not susceptible to outside influences.
Okay...but my point is do they know how to play football?

I'm not saying they aren't ever influenced by the corporate atmosphere.

In fact I have said the same thing with NFL referees. If Jerry and GODell did indeed have a fued (they did), why wouldn't that trickle all the way down?

Guys know how to play football, it's what they have done all their lives and know how to do. So get to it! :thumbup:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Oh, so you actually took the time to look at the thread instead of falsely blurting out that it was a Dak/Rodgers comparison?

You're growing. Good for you.
no, what you did was a Dak vs. Rodgers comparison...there is no denying that.

the actual post, had other QBs.

you think you are slick. but you ain't ;)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't take anybody seriously who claims that this snap "hit Dak in the chest and he fumbled"

Maybe you watch the games with your eyes closed and that keeps you from being fooled by what you see.

I'm sorry i can;t come up with the exact year and QB at Ohio state...I think last year or the year before...they had NUMEROUS errant snaps, and the QB picked it up just fine.
There is no doubt there were some bad snaps to Dak. Part of the job.

Oh yeah...it was Justin Fields. I can't find it in the search function (maybe some of my Ohio State buddies can help!)
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Justine+fields+handles+bad+snaps+ohio+state

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
no, what you did was a Dak vs. Rodgers comparison...there is no denying that.

the actual post, had other QBs.

you think you are slick. but you ain't ;)
Share any tweet from that thread and see if it don't automatically show the graph right above it also.

Dak's just happened to be below the Rodgers one.

The McVey Effect one just happened to be below the Dak one see:

And so on and so on

When you share it it automatically shares the previous post in the thread. You really make this way too easy, but I am happy to embarrass and educate you every step on the way.

Also, I assume it does that for people like you who will butt into the middle of conversations without reading what the conversation is even about. It tries to help ya'll out just a little.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I never claimed that particular snap in that picture hit Dak in the chest.

I claimed the one against the Bucs did, and then changed it to thigh, and then changed it again to more around the calf area.

You are admitting you was fooled when I was telling you all season what was going to happen. I don't think you have any room to educate me on what I am or am not seeing if you're that easily "fooled" by the product on the field.

I was hoping you would chime in to attempt to deny the lie as it affords me the opportunity to do this:

These were your words:

"Dak didn't have to move heaven and earth to catch those snaps. They hit him in the hands and he dropped them. He didn't have to dive, jump, skip, or whatever else to get them."

The one against the Giants literally hit him in the chest while the one against the Bucs was in the gut."

These were both blatant lies that your fingers must have typed all by themselves.. right.. Or maybe your account was hacked? That one works sometimes.. Not with me but maybe somebody will buy it.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I was hoping you would chime in to attempt to deny the lie as it affords me the opportunity to do this:

These were your words:

"Dak didn't have to move heaven and earth to catch those snaps. They hit him in the hands and he dropped them. He didn't have to dive, jump, skip, or whatever else to get them."

The one against the Giants literally hit him in the chest while the one against the Bucs was in the gut."

These were both blatant lies that your fingers must have typed all by themselves.. right.. Or maybe your account was hacked? That one works sometimes.. Not with me but maybe somebody will buy it.
Post the video of the picture your showing, because the video posted in this thread against the Giants, assuming your picture is from that video, looks like it hit him in the chest. It looks to me like your picture is showing the aftermath of it hitting him in the chest.

Again, you telling me anything is funny when you are admittingly so easily "fooled" by what you're seeing on the field. Are you "fooled" or are you just so incredibly biased that you're willing to put credibility aside in the name of bad players?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

These were your words:

Nevermind.

I watched the Giants video slowed down as slow as YouTube would allow and your picture is correct. The way Dak's hands moved with the graininess of the video it looked like he dropped it, but he didn't.