Dak's extension will come sooner or later

LittleD

Reaction score
In the big scheme of things what is more important to NFL football? Dak Prescott or 180-240 million dollars. That much money can buy lots of players even if Jerry hires a has-been at QB for a year. Jerry will still fill the seats. Dak has at least one voidable year built into his old contract so Jerry can move some money to next season and then June 1st cut the 9 year worthless pro. That seems like good business to me. You get rid of Fat Mike and Dak the Mack all in one swoop.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When Dak is UFA next March, and leaves for mega $$$$, Jerry can always say he was outbid by another team.

This puts all the hate on Dak.

It won’t be Jerry’s fault.

#All-IN
tkt-smart.gif

Smart indeed but his performance will once again confirm his ineptness so not many Cowboy fans will want him back at that point.
See call me crazy but I believe that our team esp our core players don't respect or want to sacrifice their bodies for Dak knowing exactly what he represents..........a greedy need to be need-carried QB who is all-in on DAK and only Dak!
P.S. Concerning those MEGA-BUCKS I would hold a small cup when the time comes.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
All players accept and appreciate everyone is in for optimizing their contracts . It’s not up to players to balance the payroll but the FO and owners.

Reaching financial security far outweighs winning as your career can end on the next snap. In the end this is a profession and business not a game.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
All players accept and appreciate everyone is in for optimizing their contracts . It’s not up to players to balance the payroll but the FO and owners.

Reaching financial security far outweighs winning as your career can end on the next snap. In the end this is a profession and business not a game.
I dont have a problem with players wanting to make as much money as possible, but what I do have a problem with is players wanting to be the highest paid in the league at their position and not playing to that level.

I mean, if you want to be the highest paid player in the entire league you cant wet your pants in the playoffs every year.

You cant have a playoff record of 2-5 and turn around and ask for $60 million a season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I dont have a problem with players wanting to make as much money as possible, but what I do have a problem with is players wanting to be the highest paid in the league at their position and not playing to that level.

I mean, if you want to be the highest paid player in the entire league you cant wet your pants in the playoffs every year.

You cant have a playoff record of 2-5 and turn around and ask for $60 million a season.
Hey, if you can negotiate that with your boss then all the power to you.

Why our hostility is with the player and not the owner or GM baffles me.

If Dak can snooker 60 mil per year off Jethro, then that’s on him not Dak.

And at any given time depending when QB’s renegotiate their new contracts , it’s not necessarily a pecking order. The market usually dictates not the level of player’s performance. That’s just the nature of the NFL.

Last edited: