Dak's extension will come sooner or later

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak is owed nothing right now. All the guaranteed money in his contract has long since been paid. They can dump Dak now, spread the cap hit over two years instead of all at once, and go in a different direction at QB. It looks as if Jerry Jones is determined to keep Dak Prescott. Does that make Dak any better than he was this past season? I guess fans can shrug it off as “what’s one more year?”. Well, fine. If that makes Jerry a “winner” in your mind, I guess it does. You are a “Jerry Jones lover”. And that makes you, by extension” a “Dak lover”.
I’m not sure where you get that Jerry is determined to keep Dak.

They’ve not even discussed a new contract at this point and all the news coming out points more towards Dak playing out this last year than receiving a new contract.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I’m not sure where you get that Jerry is determined to keep Dak.

They’ve not even discussed a new contract at this point and all the news coming out points more towards Dak playing out this last year than receiving a new contract.
The Cowboys already have him under contract. Dak is the Dallas Cowboys’ QB1 for 2024. No discussion is necessary. If the plan is to go in a different direction next season why pay him $5 million on March 17? They’re paying him because they plan on keeping him. They’re going to owe Trey Lance $4.5 million five days after camp opens in July. The guy didn’t play a snap last season. This kind of planning at the most important position on the team is your idea of what makes Jerry Jones a “winner”? Jerry loves Dak. You love Jerry. If A=B, and B=C, A has to equal C. You are a closet Dak lover.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak is owed nothing right now. All the guaranteed money in his contract has long since been paid. They can dump Dak now, spread the cap hit over two years instead of all at once, and go in a different direction at QB. It looks as if Jerry Jones is determined to keep Dak Prescott. Does that make Dak any better than he was this past season? I guess fans can shrug it off as “what’s one more year?”. Well, fine. If that makes Jerry a “winner” in your mind, I guess it does. You are a “Jerry Jones lover”. And that makes you, by extension” a “Dak lover”.
Yea, totally bizarre we have Cowboy fans ( assuming they are ) calling our owner a winner this era. I guess they are giving him a pass for early success with Jimmy's built team.

But our owner has been one of the biggest losers as a GM for a stretch since that early success when Jimmy was in control of football operations .

And if you’re truly a Dak opponent then if our owner is All In with Dak our owner is your greatest opponent for believing in who you despise the most.

It really exposes these fans agendas and insight. That they’d pick our owner over anybody since our owner is here long term while QB’s time is limited regardless.

There’s been one constant throughout this down era for over 2 decades despite’s whatever coaches , QB’s and talent we’ve had here. The fact someone would choose our idiotic owner over anybody in our roster is most ridiculous and irresponsible post I’ve seen by a Cowboy fan.

But it’s typical for Trolls not to attack our owner because he owned the team when Jimmy built that championship team. They won’t attack him cause they can’t say he’s never won anything which is their schtick. But no one suks more than our owner this era.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yea right . Lol

Obviously you don’t understand leverage in the NFL.

And remember Dak is ultimately a member of the Players Union which would take action if benched out of spite.
I would love to know what the union can do about a player being benched...for any reason. Team can simply say we want to see what Lance has to offer. Union can't do ****.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I would love to know what the union can do about a player being benched...for any reason. Team can simply say we want to see what Lance has to offer. Union can't do ****.
Well , if the player voiced there were underlying issues or conditions the union could investigate.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well , if the player voiced there were underlying issues or conditions the union could investigate.
Lol go for it. Would be a first for sure. It would be over in a blink. We want to see what Lance can do. Get out of my building. Case closed.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Lol go for it. Would be a first for sure. It would be over in a blink. We want to see what Lance can do. Get out of my building. Case closed.
It would never happen cause a team would never bench a high profile and paid QB unless they were going to release or trade him.

Our owner isn’t going to allow Lance to out shine Dak.

Most teams would allow competition in Camp. And if Lance won the job they’d deal Dak not bench him.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It would never happen cause a team would never bench a high profile and paid QB unless they were going to release or trade him.

Our owner isn’t going to allow Lance to out shine Dak.

Most teams would allow competition in Camp. And if Lance won the job they’d deal Dak not bench him.
The union has no power to make teams start anyone. Period.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Then what are you talking about the union taking action if he's benched? There is no action they can take.
I just meant if the player voices a complaint or concern of his benching was something other than playing the best player or disciplinary the Union could take action in an investigation.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Then what are you talking about the union taking action if he's benched? There is no action they can take.
If a player on the Cowboys questions Dak being benched and files a grievance challenging the benching as detrimental the union would have to follow through or face a possible challenge that could lead to the union facing a Federal Labor Board. Not something the NFLPA would want. And certainly not something the owners would want. It would reflect badly on both. In addition, gambling interests would be less than pleased. Jerry Jones reputation would be irreparably harmed. What quality head coach would ever want to work for an owner that would order such a ridiculous scenario. Cowboys fans want Dak Prescott punished for the most recent playoff loss. It is not going to happen. He’ll be a starting NFL quarterback in 2024, 2025, and beyond. It may not be with the Cowboys, but his career will continue to progress. He’ll continue to be one of the highest paid players in the NFL. Fans that resent Dak for being in a position where he wields a degree of power in negotiation with Jerry Jones need to get past the angst and start enjoying the off season.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just meant if the player voices a complaint or concern of his benching was something other than playing the best player or disciplinary the Union could take action in an investigation.
Who did the Dakko wrong????????? :muttley:
393kes.jpg

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It would have helped the Cap situation to have a deal done by March 13th if we were going to be very active in Free Agency. If needed we’ll release or restructure other veterans like Smith and Gallup.

But Dak holds all the leverage this time with no trade and no franchise tag clause . He also is still under contract due to receive 59.5 million on final season of current deal.

And with Cap increased this year above a quarter billion new Market Price to be established for Franchise QB’s. It’s expected to be 55+ million .

Regardless whatever fans believe or think about Dak is meaningless . It’s all about Jethro . And I certainly don’t see any situation where he walks away from Dak. I expect a deal done by Training Camp or Preseason. Buckle up. Dak ain’t going anywhere.
So depressing. 8/

We already have cap problems.

Who wants more of it?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Anyone listening to what Stephen has had to say lately might be prone to be convinced that Dak will be extended for the next three years into a contractual obligation that would be likely to put this team in a bind for other players to have satisfactory contracts that they probably deserve. I'm hoping that Jerry has the wherewithal to caution Stephen about an obligation that would serve as a steppingstone for this team's surefire disaster.
Truth

They need to do what’s best for the future of the team.

More money $$$ for Dak makes the cap problems worse.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Cowboys already have him under contract. Dak is the Dallas Cowboys’ QB1 for 2024. No discussion is necessary. If the plan is to go in a different direction next season why pay him $5 million on March 17? They’re paying him because they plan on keeping him. They’re going to owe Trey Lance $4.5 million five days after camp opens in July. The guy didn’t play a snap last season. This kind of planning at the most important position on the team is your idea of what makes Jerry Jones a “winner”? Jerry loves Dak. You love Jerry. If A=B, and B=C, A has to equal C. You are a closet Dak lover.
Yea , simple deduction, I like the math.

If you love Jethro and he loves Dak then you in effect love Dak.

Well done!!

Frozen700

Reaction score
If the Cowboys has had the last two seasons like Denver the Cowboys might have taken a similar approach.

Do you think Denver releases Wilson if they had back to back 12 win playoff seasons ?
What’s a playoff season if you can’t advance past round 1

Qcard

Reaction score
I don't get why we needed another Dak extension thread unless you felt you weren't getting enough attention in the other ones...

Anyways, before the cap increase Dak had a lot more leverage. He still has some leverage with the NTC but the cap increase took them from 19mil over the cap to 9mil. That is a much more palatable number for the team to work with. A couple restructures and boom, they are back in business without touching Dak's contract. They can eat his cap hit and make this a prove it year. If they want to force a trade situation they can announce an open competition at QB for TC/PS. Dak will crack under the pressure and pack up his LV handbags and demand a trade.

The idea that Dak holds every card is nowhere near true. Jones has options.
The Cowboys have ZERO leverage till another QB duels Prescott in QB School, OTAs and Training camp....ALL this other stuff is side show peddled by the failing traditional media...

Dak Haters are NICE people :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What’s a playoff season if you can’t advance past round 1
Depends on expectations . For Denver would have been quite an accomplishment .

But generally making the playoffs and or winning division in the immediate goal each season. A teams history and recent trends drive their expectations.