Video: Dak's first pick of training camp

Buzzbait

Reaction score
How do you make that pass more catchable? That's a routine pass that you catch in pee wee football...how could he have made that pass easier for a professional receiver to catch?
If the ball hadn't hit him on the hands 1st, it would've hit him on the numbers, BUT........Dak could've made it more catchable if he had put super glue on the ball........:laugh:

ESisback

Reaction score
Every INT, drop, fumble, stumble, sack, bad read, or ANY OTHER natural act that doesn’t result in a TD, fame or fortune will be over analyzed, condemned and lamented. The overreaction will occur on an epic scale, and the perpetually miserable will stroke out here.

Nav22

Reaction score
At full speed it looks like an average-thrown ball (a bit into his body, not leading him to accelerate), but you can ALMOST see in the 50% slowed clip what i thiunk the real problem is. I slowed it down further to 10% speed.....and that's when you can REALLY see what these receivers are dealing with: the ball comes out of his hand like a wounded duck doing the backstroke.

Tight spirals...ball placement....PACE.... these are the unseen variables that make a big difference in catchability.
Something tells me you were the kid who was afraid of the football when it was thrown to you.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Every INT, drop, fumble, stumble, sack, bad read, or ANY OTHER natural act that doesn’t result in a TD, fame or fortune will be over analyzed, condemned and lamented. The overreaction will occur on an epic scale, and the perpetually miserable will stroke out here.
You know it brother. o_O:banghead:

TheCritic

Reaction score
He needs to learn to throw a more catchable ball.

When all or ur receivers are having balls bounce off their hands....maybe it's YOU...not them.

Just a theory.

I don't want to stir up any negativity through...so as a preface, please don't even read this post.
LOL
1. Catchable ball = Dak needs to make it MORE catchable!
2. On the money = Dak needs to throw it MORE on the money!
3. Receiver flubs the ball = Dak was the one who threw it to him, therefore it's Dak's fault!

Did I miss anything?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Frankly, I'd have stopped practice, if I were Mike, right at that spot and gave that warning to the bubble WRs. The WRs need to understand that the basic function of a WR is to catch the ball. That was a pass that a high school player should catch, much less a pro.
That’s going to hurt the players feelings though. It’s 2023. Can’t be doing that.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

When all or ur receivers are having balls bounce off their hands....maybe it's YOU...not them.
giphy.gif

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Oh, there a couple who track preseason QBR and get this practice stats and QBR

Just too funny

@khiladi

glimmerman

Reaction score
Can’t wait for the second one. This wasn’t on him. More of a Simi drop. Nice concentration from draft pick.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Just a theory.

I don't want to stir up any negativity through...so as a preface, please don't even read this post.
So Semi, hendershot and round all of them being 3rd, 4th, 6th WRs on the team can't make plays and it's QBs fault.

God forbid we expect WRs make a play. They are not in the NFL so we shouldn't expect it from them.