Video: Dak's first pick of training camp

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson (cussing and yelling) would have sent that message in front of the whole team by now.
Frankly, I'd have stopped practice, if I were Mike, right at that spot and gave that warning to the bubble WRs. The WRs need to understand that the basic function of a WR is to catch the ball. That was a pass that a high school player should catch, much less a pro.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
A 30 year old QB does not SUDDENLY learn to be accurate....why oh why do people not understand this???
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

If you watch the tape on the play, you'll see that there's no way that ball is on Dak. It's a perfect pass that a high school WR should be catching, much less a pro. Frankly, I wouldn't have blamed Mike for cutting Simi on the spot for that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Amen, brother! :hammer:

Obviously, WRs on Lamb's caliber wouldn't get cut. But, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Jimmy would occasionally cut a player during practice over an error like this to send a message to the team. Given the drops last year, I wouldn't have blamed Mike for cutting Simi for that drop to send a message to everyone else.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Obviously, WRs on Lamb's caliber wouldn't get cut. But, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Jimmy would occasionally cut a player during practice over an error like this to send a message to the team. Given the drops last year, I wouldn't have blamed Mike for cutting Simi for that drop to send a message to everyone else.
You're absolutely right.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I wanna hate on Dak from last year as much as anybody, but that is all on Simi. That being said, if he is the answer at WR what is the question?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think cutting a guy for a drop is the easy way out. Coach him up. If he can’t be coached then let him go. But to cut him for a drop is a bit much. Though I commend the the thought just don’t think it’s realistic.