Dak's future with the New York Giants? Trade possibility?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ok this is Fish live at 6am show, he is talking about a article David Helman wrote on the giants being a good spot for dak, now or when he is a FA.
Fish says the cowboys need to get off the fence and trade him now, or pay him what he wants.

It is rare for a QB to go to a div rival , I doubt the jones would do this unless they got some good picks.
I might trade Dak for JOnes, and some picks like 2nd and lower, maybe next year or year after.

Jones might do good here, but I know a lot of zoners dont care for him.
Would you rather have Jones and some picks ? Or Dak and a big contract?
Jones could be a stop gap till they draft a new guy? It would be different and more exciting, than more years with dak.

Lets face it, they either get rid of Dak or sign him for 4-5 more years.
Fish said at one point if they trade dak or let him walk they could have 100 mil in cap room for 2025.
Dallas could do a lot with that if they were smart lol, some question as to if they are smart or not.

Anyway something to discuss, and the show was laid back and funny.
Fish said it might be click bait, but it isnt his click bait , he is just reporting on the cb article.

if we are complaining about average QB play, then trading for a lesser QB is going to be the solution? how?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Ok this is Fish live at 6am show, he is talking about a article David Helman wrote on the giants being a good spot for dak, now or when he is a FA.
Fish says the cowboys need to get off the fence and trade him now, or pay him what he wants.

It is rare for a QB to go to a div rival , I doubt the jones would do this unless they got some good picks.
I might trade Dak for JOnes, and some picks like 2nd and lower, maybe next year or year after.

Jones might do good here, but I know a lot of zoners dont care for him.
Would you rather have Jones and some picks ? Or Dak and a big contract?
Jones could be a stop gap till they draft a new guy? It would be different and more exciting, than more years with dak.

Lets face it, they either get rid of Dak or sign him for 4-5 more years.
Fish said at one point if they trade dak or let him walk they could have 100 mil in cap room for 2025.
Dallas could do a lot with that if they were smart lol, some question as to if they are smart or not.

Anyway something to discuss, and the show was laid back and funny.
Fish said it might be click bait, but it isnt his click bait , he is just reporting on the cb article.

No trade possibilities.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Mike Fisher is exactly that - a fisherman of any kind of story to get clicks. He‘s basically a minor-league Skip Bayless. He might as well be the “National Enquirer” reporter that covers the Cowboys.
well bob I doubt you watched it.
he was just talking about an article written by another reporter, is that not allowed?

kevm3

Reaction score
I live in NY. Giants fans hate Jones, but man, if the solution was to trade for Dak, they would not be happy. (Not that it would happen in any case.)
Why wouldn't they be happier with a better QB?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, he has beaten the Giants 12 times in a row and has an overall starting record of 12-2-0 against them.
Comparable to Brady's 7 SB rings.................. :muttley:
Giants don't want Dak in fact you would be hard pressed to find any team wanting Dak for 50+ million a year!!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I live in Chicago, well close to Chicago, not actually in the city but the Bears fans love Dak being a Cowboys. They constantly talk about how Dak will never get us a championship and more of Dak means less success for us. There was some talk from the radio about trading Fields for Dak and the fans weren’t having it.
Bears fans have never been the sharpest nails in the box.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
well bob I doubt you watched it.
he was just talking about an article written by another reporter, is that not allowed?
Mike Fisher is the definition of being a Click Bait reporter. He’s more wrong than putting ketchup on a steak.

XXLMike

Reaction score
Mike Fisher is a hack. He’s worse than Colin Coward and Skip Bayless…
He’s a complete BS artist

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dak has a no trade clause, and I would guess he won't waive it to join an organization that's somehow worse than Dallas with a fanbase that will boo him in New York and the New York media will roast him alive.
That no trade clause means nothing. If the owner says he wants you gone, why would a player want to stay? Just get traded, keep your money, and you get to go somewhere you are wanted.

Having that in a contract is just stupid. If Jerry and Stephen wanted Dak gone or traded he would be (they love him)

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That no trade clause means nothing. If the owner says he wants you gone, why would a player want to stay? Just get traded, keep your money, and you get to go somewhere you are wanted.

Having that in a contract is just stupid. If Jerry and Stephen wanted Dak gone or traded he would be (they love him)
NO it means Dak can say no to any trade he doesnt not like.
They cant franchise him either.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Trading Dak and getting a ton of cap sounds awesome and beneficial for the future.

Until you look at the 2025 draft class and 2025 free agents.

Fields? Darnold? Jones? Winston?

Love, Goff and Tua aren’t going anywhere.

Its like Washington having $90+ million in cap and signing nothing but JAGs to big deals.
Make no mistake Shedeur Sanders would be a mortal lock if Jerry thought he could get him in the ‘25 draft.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dak has a no trade clause, and I would guess he won't waive it to join an organization that's somehow worse than Dallas with a fanbase that will boo him in New York and the New York media will roast him alive.
Dak’s all about the money and NY is a very large market. One of the few places that he might get paid more than Dallas (endorsements). I would be all for Dak going there. The fans and media would eat Dak alive. lol.

MarkP88

Reaction score
Why wouldn't they be happier with a better QB?
I’m guessing, having won 2 championships and been to another since the last time we even got to the conference championship game, they’re hoping for someone who can take them all the way.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Jones's career might have been very different had he been drafted by another team. The Giants had a flawed roster for much of his time, and there was also coaching instability.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Comparable to Brady's 7 SB rings.................. :muttley:
Giants don't want Dak in fact you would be hard pressed to find any team wanting Dak for 50+ million a year!!!
I don’t know. The Giants were dumb enough to give Daniel Jones $40 million a year coming off a season where he threw 15 TD passes in 16 games. Just imagine what they would have given DJ if he had thrown 36 TDs like Dak just did.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Yeah no. Jones is trash lol. Cowboys fans get mad at Dak but wait until you see Jones week in and week out. As much as people, especially Cowboys fans, hate Dak he is a top 10 QB. Jones is a bottom 10 QB. And the Giants just gave him a big contract. I believe he is making only @$7 million less than Dak this coming season. I rather let Dak one year deal play our then trade for Daniel Jones who is hot garbage.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I live in Chicago, well close to Chicago, not actually in the city but the Bears fans love Dak being a Cowboys. They constantly talk about how Dak will never get us a championship and more of Dak means less success for us. There was some talk from the radio about trading Fields for Dak and the fans weren’t having it.
How does a Bears fan have the temerity to speak ill of any of the other 31 NFL franchises? The Chicago Bears are the worst franchise in the league. They have been since dirt was invented.